This is topic Ingame-freezing Testing in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000849

Posted by Jman (Member # 618) on 05-08-2001, 04:38 PM:

I havn't done much, but I 25 times is a start. Its hard to get frozen on perpose =P.

Anyways, I used my lv.100 Snorlax, against sommat of the elite 4's people. This is metallics, of course.

I was frozen for 25 turns, so far, and I have been thawed out 2 of those turns. So given that, the percentage is 8%.

More testing is needed, but I thought I'd share my results.

------------------
Uno, Dos, Zesty!!
http://www.angelfire.com/pa4/jman/home1.html

[This message has been edited by Jman (edited 05-08-2001).]

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 05-08-2001, 05:39 PM:

I don't think I understand. Of the 25 times you were frozen, you thawed out on the same turn twice?

Also, was this on Gameboy?

------------------
"What exactly does the Speed rating do? The only thing I've found is that it determines who goes first each turn, which is pretty pointless."
-- Me, two years ago

Posted by Jman (Member # 618) on 05-08-2001, 06:18 PM:

Alright, lemme explain. I was frozen for 23 turns. I was thawed on 2 turns. 23 + 2 = 25.

Unlike sleep, you don't attack the turn your thawed.

And yes, this was for Gameboy.

Sorry for the confusion.

------------------
Uno, Dos, Zesty!!
http://www.angelfire.com/pa4/jman/home1.html

[This message has been edited by Jman (edited 05-08-2001).]

Posted by Ho-oh (Member # 1014) on 05-19-2001, 04:13 AM:

This is interesting, I always thought that u were meant to be thawed out after 4 turns in metallics.

------------------
My most embarassing post ever.
"lol he can't speel properly"

Posted by Moltres23 (Member # 26) on 05-29-2001, 10:43 PM:

This happened to me today in challenge cup.

My Espeon was Frozen, and then I switched out. When it was my last Pokemon, I sent it out again and it was already thawed. It didn't come out frozen, it came out completely free of status changes.

Now...

Does this mean that if your last Pokemon is frozen, Stadium is kind? Does this mean switching out in Stadium removes freeze? Can your last Pokemon not be frozen? Etc.

------------------
No matter what you read or what you're told, experience will always yeild the truth.
-Moltres23

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 05-30-2001, 04:10 AM:

Did you use Heal Bell?

------------------
"In the year 2000... Cigarette companies deny that they are targeting children with their new mascot, Smokémon."
-- Conan O'Brien

Posted by Moltres23 (Member # 26) on 05-31-2001, 02:35 PM:

Nope, didn't have Heal Bell to use. I took it out Frozen, then when it was my last Pokemon, I sent it out. It was as if it was never frozen in the first place.

Neither Sunny Day, nor Heal Bell were used. Attached item was something dumb, like TiwstedSpoon. (This was Challenge cup after all.)

Karpe Diem