This is topic Can you trade eggs between g/s? in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000742

Posted by Pesty (Member # 1641) on 03-30-2001, 06:34 PM:

Sorry, it may be a dumb question but I would just like to know because I am debating buying a silver to go along with my gold. Thanks in advance for the info.

------------------

Posted by Yay Porygon (Member # 810) on 03-30-2001, 06:56 PM:

Yes.

------------------
Oy.

Posted by MacPPC (Member # 1337) on 03-31-2001, 01:53 AM:

so the egg gets the OT and ID from the trainer that hatched it or the one that make breeding for him?

------------------
People get lost on their toughts because it's an unexplored territory

Posted by Tghost (Member # 1418) on 03-31-2001, 02:02 AM:

Hatched. Whoever hatches it, owns it.

------------------
"Obviously these guys predict the apocalypse with bubblegum wrappers." - Quetzalcoatl
"if you're an aussie, throw on an oddish or bellsprout and call it 'salad'" - spunman

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 03-31-2001, 08:40 AM:

Should I assume that the statements of fact given here have actually been researched?

------------------
"The fact is that for the leader of the Opposition to stand up in this House and to start citing numbers, Mr. Speaker, is grossly irresponsible."
-- Finance minister Paul Martin, during a debate on the value of the Canadian dollar

Posted by Yay Porygon (Member # 810) on 03-31-2001, 01:34 PM:

What research is necessary??

I bred up a bunch of eggs to get a team for a cart. I trade them. I hatch them. They earn normal Xp. Woo.

------------------
Oy.

Posted by Jman (Member # 618) on 03-31-2001, 04:54 PM:

This is actually good. You can figure out if it will learn Bred moves and the Pokemon, and trade it to another cart.

It gains reg. EXP.

Neat.

------------------
Check out 'Metalloid Research':
http://www.angelfire.com/pa4/jman/home1.html
Metalloid Research - Striving to bring you the most testing and correct information

Posted by Rolken (Member # 7) on 04-01-2001, 10:08 AM:

There must be something I'm missing here... it's bad to get extra Exp.?

If you're saying it gains less stat exp., that's ridiculous - for the same number of battles, it gets the same amount of stat exp., so that's no drawback. Plus, if you're trying to train quickly for a tourney or the like, a lv.100 with below-average stat exp. is better than a lv.85 with the same below-average stat exp., isn't it?

------------------
!

Posted by Atma (Member # 689) on 04-01-2001, 12:36 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Rolken:
There must be something I'm missing here... it's bad to get extra Exp.?

If you're saying it gains less stat exp., that's ridiculous - for the same number of battles, it gets the same amount of stat exp., so that's no drawback. Plus, if you're trying to train quickly for a tourney or the like, a lv.100 with below-average stat exp. is better than a lv.85 with the same below-average stat exp., isn't it?

And if you're training for Poke Cup or something?
A Level 35 Dragonair can still get a good 20 levels worth of stat exp and still be in PokeCup.
A level 50 Dragonair can only get stat exp for five more levels.

------------------
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 04-01-2001, 05:25 PM:

Yay Porygon: What research is necessary??

The kind you just gave. Thanks.

------------------
"The fact is that for the leader of the Opposition to stand up in this House and to start citing numbers, Mr. Speaker, is grossly irresponsible."
-- Finance minister Paul Martin, during a debate on the value of the Canadian dollar

Karpe Diem