This is topic Super Defense? in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000713

Posted by kikered (Member # 830) on 03-13-2001, 08:09 AM:

A question about Barrier and Light Screen. If you Barrier up all the way and then use Reflect, does the "50% Defense Boost" 50% of your original Defense or 50% of your modified Defense? It might work very well as a "Super Defense" thing for things with very low Defense.

------------------
"Standards my arse!"
-Me

AIM: kikered

Posted by ickle (Member # 1454) on 03-13-2001, 12:33 PM:

I'm not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure that it is your original defence that increases by 50% and not your mofified defence.

------------------
"Philippa Forrester's vagina is 15cm's long." -Quote from a poster in my biology room.

Posted by Mr. K (Member # 2) on 03-13-2001, 02:50 PM:

The whole story can be found here:
http://azureheights.com/attacks/comp/statmods.htm

Posted by Automaton (Member # 1234) on 03-13-2001, 07:07 PM:

I'm pretty sure that Reflect halves your def and quarters your opponent's atk. So if you barrier three times, then Reflect, your final value would be 200% of it's original, and your opponent would be at 50% atk. This is to prevent exceeding the cap, which would crash you back down to single digits.

The above statement is in reference to GS mechanics as outlined at PD.
------------------
"The fact of the matter is, I'm fucking brilliant. Not was brilliant, am brilliant."-Pete Townsend

"M2 users hate everything and have small penises."-Wintermute

[This message has been edited by Automaton (edited 03-14-2001).]

Posted by cfalcon (Member # 19) on 03-14-2001, 12:39 PM:

Couldn't it just apply the variables later? Like as in, after the mysterious 10 bit cap was applied? Do you have numerical evidence for this assertion? That would mean that it would have to re-quarter the attack of new monsters as they switched in...

Basically, do you have any test data?

Wouldn't that show up in the older test?

Posted by Automaton (Member # 1234) on 03-14-2001, 05:24 PM:

I was simply quoting what is on Darryn's move intro at PD. And since Reflect and Light Screen are global effect moves, you would NOT have to reuse it in case of a switch, for the same reason you wouldn't have to reuse it if you switched.

------------------
"The fact of the matter is, I'm fucking brilliant. Not was brilliant, am brilliant."-Pete Townsend

"M2 users hate everything and have small penises."-Wintermute

Posted by Mr. K (Member # 2) on 03-14-2001, 06:06 PM:

Hmmm...I think we're having a chromatic/metallic disconnect...

Posted by DragoniteJ (Member # 815) on 03-16-2001, 11:21 PM:

I tested this a while ago by using Relfect and multiple Curses together. It turns out that it resets your defense just like Marowak's attack can reset when it has the Thick Club. When a level 100 max defense, 519 HP Snorlax is killed by a single Body Slam from Red's Snorlax one begins to suspect things.

------------------
Please visit my website at http://www.geocities.com/dragonitej/main.html
team is aswam granbul,donphan,togipe&farlagater all lv:100" - newbie

Karpe Diem