This is topic Male and Female differences in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000646

Posted by Cesar (Member # 529) on 01-26-2001, 08:42 PM:

Choosing the right gender can make a big difference. That is what I learned today

I did some nice quality testing and found that although males have a much higher attack/defense females have higher special attack/defense. I'm sure we all knew that already but here is the testing:

Slugma(m) lvl 29
Stats and how much it is off by (for max stats)
HP: 64 (-6)
Attack: 34 (-2)
Defense: 28 (-8)
Speed: 24 (-1)
Special Attack: 45 (-9)
Special Defense: 28 (-8)

Slugma(m) lvl 29 (as well )
HP: 66 (-4)
ATTACK: 36 (-0)
DEFENSE: 35 (-1)
SPEED: 23 (-2)
SPECIAL ATTACK: 45 (-9)
SPECIAL DEFENSE: 28 (-8)

Slugma(f) lvl 27
HP: 64 (-2)
ATTACK: 29 (-5)
DEFENSE: 27 (-7)
SPEED: 20 (-3)
SPECIAL ATTACK: 49 (-1)
SPECIAL DEFENSE: 33 (-1)

So what's the point?

If you are going to train a pokemon and give it mostly special attacks make it female. A female Machamp is almost useless. Don't believe me? Look at my female Machamp its attack is off by 45 ! And its special Attack is only off by 31!

*begins cursing*

I seriously need to box that stupid thing. Now if I could only learn how to breed that perfect attack and that near perfect special I'll be all set

------------------
NidoGod- Earthquake, Amnesia, Ice Beam, submission @leftovers
"Well, I don't have any friends I accidentally shot them all." -Gun Registration for dummies

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 01-26-2001, 11:55 PM:

It's been conclusively proven that the Attack gene is the only thing that deteremines a Pokemon's gender.

However, it is possible that the genes aren't fully random anymore, and the game tries to make the Attack gene inversely proportionate to the Special gene.

But you'll need a lot more than three trial subjects to convince me of this...

------------------
"I failed ninth grade three times, but I don't think it was necessarily 'cause I'm stupid."
-- Eminem

Posted by Cesar (Member # 529) on 01-27-2001, 12:15 AM:

quote:
It's been conclusively proven that the Attack gene is the only thing that deteremines a Pokemon's gender.
Exactly what I'm trying to say.

High Attack= male
Low Attack= female

My Theory:
High Attack= low special
Low Attack= High special

Or at least that is what I think. Damn I wish there was more slugma's to research. Maybe a good and more common grimer would do me better.

------------------
"Well, I don't have any friends I accidentally shot them all." -Gun Registration for dummies

Posted by Meowth346 (Member # 166) on 01-27-2001, 01:14 AM:

For whatever my word means, stats are still as random as in the past games. The height of the Attack stat does *not* effect the height of any of the other stats.

Though, if it did, you could get somewhat around this by using Ditto and breeding to "force" stats on Pokémon.

However, again, such radical claims are untrue to the Gold/Silver/Crystal Pokémon games.

--Meowth346

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

Posted by Jackdaw (Member # 118) on 01-27-2001, 08:57 AM:

Sorry Cesar, but they're right. You're a yutz. It's only Attack. They've done a lot more research into then you have.

------------------
"Two weeks ago my girlfriend and I broke up. Yesterday she was distributing posters with '20 reasons to become a lesbian'." - Rysto

Posted by Cesar (Member # 529) on 01-27-2001, 01:01 PM:

Ah nutz. My research failed... no surprise there

Thanx for clearing this up for me, otherwise I would have done a lot of useless research

------------------

Posted by Felix The Cat on 01-27-2001, 11:09 PM:

If this was true, you could never get max stats for any Pokemon because a max attack would produce a special attack with a DV of 0...

------------------
+ jason -
http://starnation.hypermart.net/

Posted by JllyKila (Member # 954) on 01-28-2001, 06:58 PM:

I always catch female pkmn just for breeding, because it is so much easier to catch male pkmn. So when I want to breed I just fly to where ever to catch a male.

Do they make female Electabuzzs because I cant seem to find one.

------------------

Posted by Cesar (Member # 529) on 01-28-2001, 08:50 PM:

quote:
Do they make female Electabuzzs because I cant seem to find one.
75% male
25% female

I also got a question that I am going to kick myself later for its stupidity.

I know now that attack determines the gender. But I read somewhere that the fathers attack determines the baby's gender. Does that mean that the baby is always going to be male/female when you breed it with that father?

------------------

Posted by Yay Porygon (Member # 810) on 01-28-2001, 09:56 PM:

The Attack gene is randomly generated for each baby.

------------------
Oy.

Posted by Cesar (Member # 529) on 01-28-2001, 10:12 PM:

Yay! Thanks Porygon and everyone else for all this new info ^_^

------------------

Posted by Rolken (Member # 7) on 02-03-2001, 10:30 PM:

Another breeding question...

Does the 75% male quota of Electabuzz mean that their attack stats are tweaked so that 75% have 8+, or does it set 4+ as being male?

I thought all Mach*s were male, too...

------------------
"M2 users hate everything and have small penises."
-Wintermute

Posted by Yay Porygon (Member # 810) on 02-04-2001, 10:36 PM:

4+ is male.

------------------
Oy.

Karpe Diem