This is topic Breeding for R/B/Y TMs--NOPE!! in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.


To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000609

Posted by Dabid (Member # 578) on 01-04-2001, 11:29 PM:
 
A couple days ago someone asked whether or not you could cross-breed R/B/Y TMs onto Pokemon in G/S. The answer for all of you hopeful Blissey trainers wanting Heal Bell, T-Wave, and Seismic Toss is, unfortunately... NO.

TRIAL 1
Chansey from R/B/Y bred with Smeargle with TWave
Result: Chansey without Twave

TRIAL 2
Steelix Female with Golem Male with Earthquake, Rock Slide, Harden, and Explosion

Result: Onix Male with Screech, Tackle, Earthquake, and Harden. Damn. Forgot all about Harden. Okay, try again...

TRIAL 3
Steelix Female with Golem Male with Earthquake, Rock Slide, and Explosion (Harden Deleted--Like anyone uses it anyway!)

Result: Onix Female with Tackle, Screech, Earthquake, and...One Empty spot.

TRIAL 4
Electabuzz Male with Ditto
Result: Elekid born with Ice Punch and Thunder from father--TMs from G/S

So kids, let my 3 hours of breeding be a lesson to ya--you can't breed R/B/Y TMs onto Pokemon *unless* they are also TMs in G/S!

------------------
“I’ve continually fought, and with each battle I’ve lost something. And my heart has been completely void of feeling for quite a long time now. Maybe my life doesn’t have value any more but I have to go on living. I’ve got a home to go back to.” --Trowa Barton
 


Posted by NickWhiz1 (Member # 30) on 01-05-2001, 11:44 PM:
 
I dun no like that.

------------------
-NickWhiz1: The Eternal NoA Hater
<StarCaliber> Weird how ET and NickWhiz are never on at the same time...
<StarCaliber> Yet both online a ton.
<StarCaliber> Very weird.
-StarCaliber, #PBSpkmn, 12/23/00
NickWhiz1's Pokemon Domain, the worst Pokemon site in existence XD
 


Posted by telekinetic gorilla (Member # 718) on 01-06-2001, 11:14 AM:
 
Uhm, I think you can breed reflect and thunderbolt onto Ampharos by breeding with a raichu...

------------------

 


Posted by Automaton (Member # 1234) on 01-06-2001, 12:11 PM:
 
quote:
Originally posted by telekinetic gorilla:
Uhm, I think you can breed reflect and thunderbolt onto Ampharos by breeding with a raichu...


We're not talking about what moves can be bred. Here's a scenario;

You want a Kingdra with Ice Beam, because you know that Horsea and Seadra can learn Ice Beam from TM in R/B/Y. You breed it with a Lapras that knows Ice Beam, and the baby is born without Ice Beam because the only moves that can be bred are moves that you either learn naturally by leveling, by TM/HM in G/S, or by breeding only. G/S does not keep track of what moves can be learned by TM/HM in R/B/Y. Got it?

------------------
"Well, Hiro, time to probe the bush. Let's get this party started."-Ronfar, Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
 


Posted by doralee23 (Member # 165) on 01-06-2001, 01:31 PM:
 
When I bred a male golem that had earthquake and rock slide on it, the baby geodude, (also male) had earthquake and rockslide on it.
BTW, the golem bred with a ditto.

------------------
Tasy Breaded Pokemon:
One plump Pidgy,or Farfetched, (Pidgetto and Delibird are reccomend for big feeds)
Marinated bird pokemon in olive oil , thyme and basil. Bread with bread crumbs mixed with wheat germ and garlic. Cook in oven at 350 degrees for one hour. Skin sould crispy not soggy or brunt.
Serve with Rice piliaf seson with Megauium leaves.
I'm not stupid! Just very lazy!
I'll mispell If i damn well feel like it!
 


Posted by Newbie (Member # 836) on 01-06-2001, 01:46 PM:
 
quote:
Originally posted by Automaton:

You want a Kingdra with Ice Beam, because you know that Horsea and Seadra can learn Ice Beam from TM in R/B/Y. You breed it with a Lapras that knows Ice Beam, and the baby is born without Ice Beam because the only moves that can be bred are moves that you either learn naturally by leveling, by TM/HM in G/S, or by breeding only. G/S does not keep track of what moves can be learned by TM/HM in R/B/Y. Got it?




You could have just linked here

------------------
[Sig deleted due to absurd short length.]
 


Posted by Automaton (Member # 1234) on 01-06-2001, 05:48 PM:
 
quote:
Originally posted by doralee23:
When I bred a male golem that had earthquake and rock slide on it, the baby geodude, (also male) had earthquake and rockslide on it.
BTW, the golem bred with a ditto.


Geodude learns Mega Punch and Rockslide by breeding only in G/S.

------------------
"Well, Hiro, time to probe the bush. Let's get this party started."-Ronfar, Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
 




Karpe Diem