This is topic data check for bred moves in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000590

Posted by spunman (Member # 1181) on 12-31-2000, 09:28 PM:

oy! been working on some bred moves stuff for my 'dex. could i run some discrepancies i've found by everyone to see if i'm right?

bulbasaur, oddish, and snorlax can breed charm to each other, but can't breed with anyone that actually learns the move.

charmander and larvitar can breed outrage to each other, but also can't breed with anyone that learns it.

grimer has pursuit as a bred move, but can't breed with anyone that learns it.

just thought now that i've got the forum at my disposal, i'd use it for a change.

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
www.myplanet.net/weaselgrip/spunman

Posted by Felix The Cat on 12-31-2000, 10:58 PM:

Smeargle!

------------------
+ jason -
http://starnation.hypermart.net/

Posted by Land und Leute (Member # 1040) on 12-31-2000, 11:18 PM:

This isn't the first time people have forgot about Smeargle when they go breeding. I know I have. Smeargle is like a Ditto who can help you out with bred moves (except Smeargle can't breed with everyone, too bad huh).

------------------
Hi. How are you?

Posted by spunman (Member # 1181) on 01-01-2001, 12:16 AM:

negative. bulbasaur, oddish, snorlax, charmander, larvitar, grimer... none of them can breed with smeargle. i've recently added him into the equation, tho.

not that i'm being too sure of myself here, tho. if there is something i'm missing, i'd appreciate being informed. that's the purpose of this post.

so anything else i'm missing? are these moves really "dead", and are there any other "dead" moves like this i'm missing?

------------------

Posted by MacPPC (Member # 1337) on 01-03-2001, 02:16 PM:

What about chain reaction pokemon breeds?
dunno if it can work, but maybe

------------------

Posted by Gloomboy (Member # 462) on 01-03-2001, 08:49 PM:

Maybe I can help. I did a lot of research as
I was trying to figure out how to breed a Silver Bulbasaur with some good moves.

quote:

bulbasaur, oddish, and snorlax can breed charm to each other, but can't breed with
anyone that actually learns the move.

Wrong! Snorlax can breed with Snubbul,who knows Charm naturally(it's one of his first moves).

quote:

charmander and larvitar can breed outrage to each other, but also can't breed with
anyone that learns it.

Wrong again! Breed Charizard with Dragonite.

quote:

grimer has pursuit as a bred move, but can't breed with anyone that learns it.

Still haven't figure this out yet...

I hope that helped.

------------------
* GLOOMBOY: The Vileplume Trainer *

AMY: "You gave up being study buddies for THIS?"
Sailor Moon S: "Dangerous Driving"

Posted by spunman (Member # 1181) on 01-05-2001, 12:48 PM:

erm... i could be wrong, but i show snorlax can't breed with snubbull, and charizard can't breed with dragonite. have you actually tried this? are you sure it works?

------------------

Posted by Charmeleon42 (Member # 1066) on 01-05-2001, 08:00 PM:

You can always try Chain Breeding, and just keep breeding those moves onto pokemon until it works. That maybe the only option....

(Just thought of something else)

Hmm.....

------------------

Posted by spunman (Member # 1181) on 01-06-2001, 10:57 PM:

(gloomboy: charizard CAN breed with dragonite. good call! and thanks, i had my numbers wrong on 'zard.)

now, i've gone through crystal and looked at everything. the only dead moves left are charm (for oddish and snorlax) and pursuit (for grimer). necrosaro had mentioned they cleaned up a lot of this kind of stuff in crystal. looks like he was right.

and sandshrew can now get metal claw! looks better than scratch...

------------------

Karpe Diem