This is topic DV info in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:;f=1;t=000565

Posted by Night (Member # 927) on 12-22-2000, 11:53 PM:

i've been looking all over the actual azure heights poke-lab for a way to find out the dv of your poke, and i'm not finding it anywhere. so, anyone know where i can find out how to get my dv's?

You take the blue pill and the story ends. You wake in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland, and I show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Posted by Brayze (Member # 1286) on 12-23-2000, 04:52 AM:
There are a few ways.

Method #1: Rare candy up to 50th level, check the stat calculator for wild pokemon. You should be able to guess the DV.

Method #2: Check the max wild stats for pokemon of whatever level, even at level 20 you can guess to within 2 DVs if you're accurate. The attack stat is easy to figure out after this- if you have a high HP DV, it is the ODD of your two choices. If the HP DV is low, it is the EVEN.

Hidden power can also be used to help with determining exact Attack and Defense DVs, if you have an estimate and have looked at TPM's hidden power guide.

That's generally how I do it, and I have it down to a science now. but then again, I breed a hell of a lot.

Posted by Brayze (Member # 1286) on 12-23-2000, 04:54 AM:
Oh, and if you're breeding, since Defense and Special are both pretty static, all you have to worry about are attack and speed. Attack is easy to find, and that leaves speed, which can generally be guessed to within a few DVs, even at low level.

Posted by DarkEspeon (Member # 1312) on 12-23-2000, 08:25 AM:
Go there:

If you're too lazy to check it, I'll just copy and paste:

1) Your Pokemon must be Level 100.
2) Your Pokemon's stats must not be able to grow any further. (Meaning you have boxed it fully.
3) You must know the Max Stat for each Stat.

(Max Stat - Actual Stat) / 2 = X
15 - X = Stat DV

That's another way. The problem is to get your pokémon to level 100 and box them fully, hehehehe.

Cosmic Light Gym Leader in

Posted by Brayze (Member # 1286) on 12-23-2000, 07:51 PM:
I use the method I posted, and it's worked every time.

Heh... I got a Pinsir with bug power 70.

DVS 13 hp/13 str/13 def/ 14 spec/ 15 speed.

OH YEAH! I can breed for more, too. Thank you, ditto!

Karpe Diem