This is topic Old TMs and breeding in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000504

Posted by Newbie (Member # 836) on 11-21-2000, 09:58 PM:

Let's say I breed a Lapras,with the moveset: Rain Dance, Ice Beam, Surf and Thunder, with a Horsea. Will the Horsea have Ice Beam on it?

------------------
==~Luker of the Azure~==
*~*And newbie at heart*~*

Posted by Yay Porygon (Member # 810) on 11-22-2000, 10:31 PM:

Nope, sorry. Only G/S/C TMs and HMs are passed along.

------------------
Oy.

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 11-24-2000, 04:12 AM:

Actually, that's not true. Body Slam isn't a Metallic TM, but when I bred a male Arcanine traded from Chromatics with a Ditto, the female Growlithe had inherited Body Slam when it hatched.

------------------
"I like to do politics with people from the East. Joe Clark and Stockwell Day are from Alberta. They are a different type. I'm joking. I'm serious. Uh..."
-- Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chrétien

Posted by Yay Porygon (Member # 810) on 11-24-2000, 08:52 PM:

Ou. Well, uh, I *do* know Horsea won't breed Ice Beam. Stupid Horsea. I bred you for nuttin'!

At least I can look at your (White Cat) Dex to see what to breed.

------------------
Oy.

Posted by Manuel Calavera (Member # 1202) on 11-25-2000, 05:31 AM:

But in Stadium GSC, I believe you can use chromatic TMs with mettalic Pokémon. Not vice-versa, cuz you can do that anyway:P.

We're gonna see a load of Raikou with Thunderbolt, and such on.

------------------

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 01-08-2001, 05:06 PM:

I should point out that when Meowth346 and Necrosaro revised their bred moves lists, it turned out that Body Slam is on Growlithe's list. So my experience doesn't conflict with the new research that proves that Chromatic TMs can't be bred in Metallics.

------------------
"This year, Toronto had a huge garbage problem. But he was re-elected anyway."
-- Jimmy & Seamus O'Toole, Royal Canadian Air Farce

Posted by Jared0169 (Member # 1081) on 01-20-2001, 08:16 AM:

White Cat, can you possibly give me a link to your Pokedex, I seem to have lost my copy(I had it BMed but my dad cleaned up all my BMs, so most of my stuff is lost )

------------------
The poster formerly known as Mew72584
Email:jared_van_ausdal@hotmail.com
AIM: Jared0169

Posted by MK (Member # 1445) on 01-21-2001, 03:28 AM:

What does the term "chromatic TMs" mean? Thanks.

-MK

------------------

Posted by Porygone (Member # 805) on 01-21-2001, 03:55 AM:

"Chromatic" refers to R/B/Y. Since Chromatics are colors, we refer to them with that term. Gold and Silver are metals, and thus, are referred to as "metallics".

------------------
"The Devil has no inner child. It's sad really" - Lewis, The Drew Carey Show

"We are not crazy! Stop staring, or we will kill you all!" Jack Malloy, Unhappily Ever After

Posted by Jackdaw (Member # 118) on 01-21-2001, 08:08 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Jared0169:
White Cat, can you possibly give me a link to your Pokedex, I seem to have lost my copy(I had it BMed but my dad cleaned up all my BMs, so most of my stuff is lost )

You go to the link on the main page entitled "Links", and you click it. The first one on the very top will take you there. Simple enough?

------------------
"I so happy." - Quina, FFIX

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 01-22-2001, 04:05 PM:

http://www.white-cat.net/files/gsdex.txt

What does "BMed" mean? Bitmapped?

------------------
"I failed ninth grade three times, but I don't think it was necessarily 'cause I'm stupid."
-- Eminem

Karpe Diem