This is topic Does anyone know... in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000378

Posted by N-Man (Member # 733) on 10-07-2000, 03:36 PM:

Can you trade your US G/S Pokémon with an European version, and will a US Gold/Silver cartridge work with a European Pokémon Stadium 3? I need to know 'cause if you can do all the above I can import it safely without being unable to trade etc.

------------------
PBS: N_Man

[This message has been edited by N-Man (edited 10-07-2000).]

Posted by salvester2 (Member # 199) on 10-07-2000, 03:39 PM:

If I under stand what you are saying then NO

------------------

Posted by Scarab (Member # 882) on 10-07-2000, 08:56 PM:

N-Man - As I've posted elsewhere, there shouldn't be ANY probs with trading US G/S pokes with UK G/S pokes.As far as I've tried, english language versions are compatible. We tried this a million times with US + UK R/B/Y and it worked every time. I also use US R/B/Y on a UK Stadium.(Hurrah!) Japanese versions won't work, tho.(Hurroo!)I'm not going to say it will work 100% until I see it for myself, but hey, you want to get the game early, right? You're going to have to wait a while b4 UK Stadium 3 anyhoo, so if moneys a problem, it'll give you plenty of time to save for a UK version. Caloo and calais!

------------------

Posted by Mewtias (Member # 1005) on 10-09-2000, 08:17 AM:

I remember reading this in Nintendo Power:

Are the Red and Blue versions compatible with the Japanese language?
No. If you try it, it could result in both games getting deleted. Only the American and Austrailian versions are compatible, nothing else.

Then again, Nintendo Power is always wrong...

------------------

Posted by Chloreon (Member # 945) on 10-09-2000, 04:22 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Mewtias:
I remember reading this in Nintendo Power:

Are the Red and Blue versions compatible with the Japanese language?
No. If you try it, it could result in both games getting deleted. Only the American and Austrailian versions are compatible, nothing else.

Then again, Nintendo Power is always wrong...

Yeah, and UK and Australian formats are exactly the same thing. That's just bad wording.

------------------
Chloreon: A grass-type Eeveelution evolved with a Leaf Stone.
---------
The trouble with political jokes is that they get elected.

Karpe Diem