This is topic Stupid Box Trick Question in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000374

Posted by Cesar (Member # 529) on 10-05-2000, 09:13 PM:

(1)When you save your game in the middle of using the box trick, can you continue boxing that pokemon

------------------
"I've been an apple for a day and I need a doctor right away!" Ash, after snorlax took a bite out of him.
"Hello...Mr. Middleton? Yes, your son is a total nutjob and probably should see a shrink, if not be confined to a loony bin... Hello? Hello?"- Mr.K talking about mlmiddleton
cesar@infinity.net

Posted by GolemKong (Member # 16) on 10-05-2000, 09:23 PM:

Yes. I'm almost 100% sure you can.

------------------
"Alrighty."

Posted by Cesar (Member # 529) on 10-05-2000, 09:32 PM:

Ok, here's what happened...
I began boxing my Vaporeon because it had crap starts, I started boxing on the ocean where all the tentacool are (to the right at Cinnibar) I faced about 20 tentacool's and saved. Later I continue the game and continue boxing. When I was done I have killed 30 tentacool and when I put it in the PC, and took it out NOT ONE STAT WENT UP!!!! I'm using a Vaporeon from stadium and I never boxed that particular vaporeon before. Anyone got an answer?

------------------
"I've been an apple for a day and I need a doctor right away!" Ash, after snorlax took a bite out of him.
"Hello...Mr. Middleton? Yes, your son is a total nutjob and probably should see a shrink, if not be confined to a loony bin... Hello? Hello?"- Mr.K talking about mlmiddleton
cesar@infinity.net

Posted by Cesar (Member # 529) on 10-05-2000, 10:15 PM:

oops, I forgot to say something. Vaporeon went up one level, so does that have any affect on the Boxing Trick?

------------------
cesar@infinity.net

Posted by Mr. K (Member # 2) on 10-05-2000, 10:21 PM:

Oh....you didn't mention that!

Yes, the Box Trick is merely a recalculation of real stats, based on stat exp. Levelling up also causes a recalc, negating the impact of "Box Tricking"...for a while anyway.

Here, read this: http://azureheights.com/compendium/boxtrick.htm

------------------
"If it's just a lull, why am I bored right out of my skull?"
- The Replacements

Posted by Cesar (Member # 529) on 10-05-2000, 10:55 PM:

Thanks Mr. K and GolemKong

------------------
cesar@infinity.net

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 10-09-2000, 05:08 AM:

Box tricking is normally used only ono lvl 100 Pokemon. You can do it at lower levels, but you need fight very low-level monsters to increase the effect and make sure you don't gain a level by accident.

------------------
"We both fell into a Vileplume's head."
-- Tracey

Karpe Diem