This is topic Can somebody knowledgeable clear something up for me? in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000303

Posted by Articuno64 (Member # 668) on 07-22-2000, 08:01 PM:

I think I get it but I'm not sure. It is about breeding in G/S. Let's say you are breeding a female Venusaur with a male Charizard(I think it can be done). Since the mother is a Venusaur, the baby will be a Bulbasaur. Now, if the Charizard knew Petal Dance(I know he can't learn it but this is just an example) than the Bulbasaur would know that attack because Petal Dance is on his breedable attack list. But he wouldn't inherit Charizard's Flamethrower because Flamethrower isn't on Bulbasaur's breedable attack list. Is this how it works?

------------------

Posted by Articuno64 (Member # 668) on 07-22-2000, 08:38 PM:

Woo Hoo!

*gets evil ideas*

------------------

Posted by Articuno64 (Member # 668) on 07-22-2000, 10:10 PM:

I don't want to ask too many questions, but I have one more. I know that if the baby is female that it's stats are based on the father and vice versa. Does that mean that if the father has a DV of 15 in all attributes, than the baby will have a DV of 15 in all attributes as well?(except for attack which has to be 7 or lower if the baby is female)

------------------

Karpe Diem