This is topic Haze? in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000282

Posted by VaporeonsHaze (Member # 252) on 07-10-2000, 09:30 PM:

Ok let me get this straight... Haze will get rid of a toxic on my opponent but not me on game boy. Weird But it still would get rid of the Acid Armor on me if I used it... Is that tested, cause that could be really irratating if it got rid of d-teams on my opponent but not my Vaporeon...

------------------
"You're a FAKE!" Counterfit: Limp Bizkit

Posted by Netbrian (Member # 482) on 07-10-2000, 09:39 PM:

From what I can tell, it gets rid of ALL invisible status effects, but I'm still unsure on visible ones... It's one of the few R/B/Y ways I know of to counter PP Wasters.

------------------

Posted by Mr. K (Member # 2) on 07-10-2000, 10:06 PM:

It's been tested...it works just like it says on the Haze page.

------------------
"Rarely is the question asked: 'Is our children learning?'."
- George W. Bush

Posted by VaporeonsHaze (Member # 252) on 07-10-2000, 10:09 PM:

Cool... Just wondering, I was training a Vaporeons and I got burned and when I tried to Haze it off it didn't... so I was just wondering...

------------------

Posted by Netbrian (Member # 482) on 07-13-2000, 01:40 PM:

I think that the Haze would nullify the stats altered by burn (i.e., the Attack and possibly the defense), so it at least did SOMETHING.

Haze is very messed up IMHO... Was it changed in Stadium?

------------------

Posted by VaporeonsHaze (Member # 252) on 07-13-2000, 01:44 PM:

Yeah, in stadium it gets rid of everything, except mabey a sub if you could count that...

------------------

Posted by Netbrian (Member # 482) on 07-13-2000, 02:09 PM:

I assume the same is true for G/S, correct?

------------------

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 07-13-2000, 06:06 PM:

Yes, if you are burned and use Haze, the burn status will remain but the Attack decrease is removed. However, if you then switch the Pokemon out and back in, the Attack reduction will return.

Conversely, using Rest will get rid of the burn status, but not the Attack reduction. To get rid of both of them, you have to Rest and then switch out.

Paralysis and its Speed reduction work the same way.

Karpe Diem