This is topic [ATTN ARGO] Mew Stat Theory. in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000106

Posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk (Member # 14) on 04-13-2000, 01:11 AM:

Now, we all know that Necro lists Mew's base stats as 100 across the board, right? Roughly translating to 393/298/298/298/298 at L100, right?

And we also know that the Mew you get from the tour don't look anything like that, right? Mine wound up at 383/283/270/292/278, though I think I can get a few more points in Speed, with maybe Defense.

Here's my theory. The stats on Necro's page, are correct. However, the Official Mew handed out at Pokemon Tours are defective, that is, they are down in certain areas like other Pokemon caught in the wild, and their genes depend on how the Mew Machine is set up. The Mew Machines always give out the same, down-in-certain-areas Mew.

This would explain why Tripredicus (a former AGNPer) had a Mew who maxed at stats slightly worse than mine, though all three of the Mew I retrieved from the sole Australian Pokemon Tour all had the exact same stats, as well as the Mew my friends were given.

------------------
Cat-Gonk.
- Do you believe in Goddish?

The Kitty Litter Box.
http://catgonk.cjb.net/
- GOT KITTY?

"So lock up your daughters.
Lock up your wife.
Lock your back door, and run for your life."
- "T.N.T.": AC/DC.

Posted by MewtwoSama (Member # 12) on 04-13-2000, 03:31 AM:

Every official Mew I have, have the same max stats. I dont remember the stats exactly.

Except for the "NINTEN" Mew i have. THat one has some bugs in it. Its max GENES are 20 points off.

------------------
MewtwoSama
A viscous,Psychic Pokemon that was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments. It's DNA is almost the same as MEW's. However, it's size and disposition are vastly different. It's cold, glowing eyes strike fear into it's enemies.

AIM: MewtwoSama
E-mail: mewtwo@ureach.com
Beat me if you can, survive if i let you

Posted by Gandalf (Member # 77) on 04-13-2000, 03:16 PM:

With 100 stats/HP, wouldn't the max be 403/298/298/298/298?

------------------
---Gandalf---

Posted by ZZTRaider (Member # 86) on 04-13-2000, 03:26 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Gandalf:
With 100 stats/HP, wouldn't the max be 403/298/298/298/298?

yep.

------------------
ZZTRaider
zztraider@hotmail.com
"Ya see, I have a great idea. Instead of printed VCR manuals, just put them on video tape so people can watch them on their VCR!"

From Seinfeld:
"Hey George, the ocean called, they're running out of shrimp."
"Oh yeah? Well the jerk store called and they're running outa you!"
"Well it doesn't matter, because your their all time best seller."

code:
C:\DOS
C:\DOS\RUN
RUN\DOS\RUN

Posted by Keibu (Member # 175) on 04-13-2000, 07:05 PM:

does the australian Mew have NAL as the catcher? what does the L stand for (Nintendo of AustraLia? ). Just wondering....

------------------

Posted by Snorlax143 (Member # 263) on 04-13-2000, 08:27 PM:

The Mew given out at the Nintendo tour doesn't have max stats. One of the master trainers confirmed this for me.

------------------

Posted by Avalanche (Member # 38) on 04-13-2000, 11:23 PM:

Really? Something is weird with mine then, cause after I boxed it it had max HP. I did use gameshark to give it better defense, so that could be a factor. Heck, maybe I should just give it max stats, since I never use him anyway.

------------------
AIM: Avalanche786
e-mail: lewisdischner@msn.com

Posted by Argo (Member # 49) on 04-13-2000, 11:32 PM:

Hmm....^_^

Well...i sharked a copy of my nintendo mew,setting all of it's DV to 15/15...then sharked it full of stat EXP...which gave it:

403/298/298/298/298

------------------
AIM:Argothian Wurm
"Cut gives the Grass-type a chance versus Fire-types"
-Nintendo Power

"It's gonna be a Psybro!"
-Ash

Posted by Kabutops (Member # 195) on 04-14-2000, 10:50 PM:

Argo, give me that gameshark code now!!!! pleez

------------------
pokemon is just pokemon.
im sick of newbies who's lives revolve around it, but don't have a clue about it.

Posted by Volrath50 (Member # 171) on 04-15-2000, 11:05 AM:

Look for it in Sharkery....

------------------
"Mew!"
Our friend, Mewtwo

Posted by undone-backwards (Member # 197) on 04-16-2000, 03:18 PM:

Do you have to beat a Nintendo rep or can you just download Mew from a downloding station? Just wondering.

------------------
Everything created-created everything

Posted by Slick 66 (Member # 70) on 04-16-2000, 03:31 PM:

quote:
Do you have to beat a Nintendo rep or can you just download Mew from a downloding station? Just wondering.

Just pick one up. At least I'm pretty sure....

------------------
~Slick has spoken~

This post was made solely by the will of the giant grinning demon scarecrows
sent to torture and manipulate me. And those damn kittens....

The famous person wears the same size water skis as me
She's got three cars as many years I've lived in this ci-ty
Her hair is blonde and mine is brown they both start with a B
But when the phone inside her ribcage rings it's not for me.

~John and John, They Might Be Giants (huzzah!)

Posted by cfalcon (Member # 19) on 04-16-2000, 09:14 PM:

Well, my OTname is LINKE

But I've also heard NLINK is common. Each machine seems to have a "name" and randomly generates numbers. They write the number on a certificate so that you use that same Mew. I'll check the Mew's stats I have some time...

Someone should make sure that genes aren't just the same as the OT#. That's what I would do if I were coding that Super Fami hack...

-cfalcon

------------------

Posted by Argo (Member # 49) on 04-16-2000, 11:02 PM:

cfalcon...i also heard of:

luigie
luigiw
linke
linkw

I think e and w are supposed to tell apart west coast mew's from east coast mew's...my Original trainers name,and ID are:

"LINKE/45104"

So....shark away your official mews..and make sure to catch them at level 5...

------------------
AIM:Argothian Wurm
"Cut gives the Grass-type a chance versus Fire-types"
-Nintendo Power

"It's gonna be a Psybro!"
-Ash

Posted by Meowth346 (Member # 166) on 04-17-2000, 02:08 AM:

My English Mew has LUIGE as the OT. My Japanese's Mew's OT is (in Japanese) NINTEN. I'm leaving off IDs so that no one can copy my Mews ^_^

--Meowth346

------------------
-----
PokéResearcher in charge of Pokémon Forever
found via http://anime.at/pokefor

[This message has been edited by Meowth346 (edited 04-17-2000).]

Posted by Horshack83 (Member # 292) on 04-17-2000, 08:23 PM:

My Mew has *exactly* the same stats as your's but it's Attack is at 288 and i got it from the same PokeTour you got it from does that mean mines defective or am I lucky.

------------------
It was Magician Type 0's fault!

Posted by Volrath50 (Member # 171) on 04-18-2000, 11:21 AM:

Now all we need to do is figure out what the LINK and the LUIGI mean..... The closest thing I can think of is Link as of Zelda and Luigi as of Mario's brother.... But why Luigi instead of Mario???? The again I like Luigi better..... But perhap the have a deeper meaning.... Beyond human coprhenstion.....

------------------
"Mew!"
Our friend, Mewtwo

Posted by cfalcon (Member # 19) on 04-18-2000, 06:32 PM:

Well, it was possible that LINK was referring to the machine that was being used.

But if the given are true:
(a) LINK is a Nintendo character
(b) LUIGI is a Nintendo character
(c) An E or W is appended to the end depending on the coast given out in.
(d) Nintendo is the company we are dealing with

Then most certainly we can conclude:
LINK and LUIGI are referring to the Nintendo characters.

That's pretty much given. It isn't LUIGI, is it? Isn't it LUIGE or LUIGW? This would be because they would just hack their machine (the Japanese OT name is 5 characters, so the Japanese machines evidently give out the company name in Japanese) to distribute the US Mew.

Can you trade with a Japanese gameboy if your monster has no nick and less than 5 characters in OTname, or is it the communications between the programs that is the problem?

Opinions? Answers (please... )

-cfalcon

------------------

Posted by Dark Jaguar (Member # 187) on 04-19-2000, 03:48 AM:

I have heard of Yoshi and Mario too, maybe different Mew generators use OTs based on all the Nintendo Characters, maybe Samus, Pit, Donkey, Wario, Mac, Kirby, and even ASH OTs are out there...

------------------
Welcome to DJ Inc., where everything is JUST fine.

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 04-19-2000, 05:59 AM:

Mine was LUIGIC (C is for Canada, I guess). I'll eventually get around to training it to see what its genes are.

I fought a kid in Stadium on the tour who had a bunch of Pokemon that he'd traded from a Japanese G/S cart. They had random moves (mostly illegal, which Stadium marks in red text) or sometimes no moves at all...

BTW, Cat-Gonk, your Mew's genes are 5/8/1/12/5. Who was the original trainer?

Maybe we can get a list of various official Mews, so everyone post your Mew's maximum stats and OT.

Posted by Dark Jaguar (Member # 187) on 04-19-2000, 06:14 AM:

Illegal moves? Do you mean moves that the Pokémon can't learn naturally like Magikarp learning Psychic through a Game Shark? Interesting that they even programmed for that...

------------------

Posted by Jolteon X (Member # 284) on 04-19-2000, 10:56 PM:

This is a little off topic but, does nintendo actually check MEW's to make sure theyre authentic?? Also, my friend from school *CLAIMS* he cloned me an official MEW from his cart, but, the OT is "Chris" and the ID# is "25339" is this a Gamesharked mew, or could he be telling the truth? I dont use mew anyways, but I was just curious.

------------------
JOOOOOOOLT-eon!
--
!My Team V1.5!
Jolteon-X
Exeggutor-Benedict
Starmie-Asterik
Dugtrio-Vejita
Articuno-Freeza
Tauros-Bull God
--
"Its not whether you win or lose, its how bad you smeared that little kids Mewtwo into the pavement"-Me

"These balls, I feel I must Caress them.."-Freeza, from the Dubbed DBZ

Posted by Dark Jaguar (Member # 187) on 04-19-2000, 11:16 PM:

The Mew I have has an OT of YOSHIRA and an IDno of 55932. It is one of the ones given away in the Toys 'R' Us Mew giveaway. I don't know its max stats since I just got it and am raising it naturally. Oh and I don't think that "Chris" Mew is authentic, it just doesn't seem right, but what do I know?

------------------

Posted by Mr. K (Member # 2) on 04-20-2000, 01:14 AM:

Last tourney I didn't see the reps checking Mews. This tourney they did.

Of course, they didn't compare it to a database of all Mews, so if you Shark carefully, you can surely get away with cheating. Not that I'm recommending that...

Also, they didn't check any other Pokemon at all...I fought a suspiciously strong Mewtwo...perhaps his stats were upped to the 400s or something. Not totally ridiculous, but suspicious...or, perhaps I just never fought another M2 that'd been properly boxed.

Either way, it was the first Mewtwo that really knocked the krap out of my Wiggly...

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

Posted by Avalanche (Member # 38) on 04-21-2000, 02:53 AM:

No, they dont check mostly. I fought a venasuar with spore and a mew named SUPERMEW! and that really sucked, because it had stats over 300 in every stat. I know because an explosion from my Avalanche(Golem) didn't hit for half his life, not even a third. I still won miraculously the second time around anyway, but it sucked. The look on his face when I beat him was priceless though.

------------------
AIM: Avalanche786
e-mail: lewisdischner@msn.com

Posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk (Member # 14) on 04-21-2000, 09:32 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
BTW, Cat-Gonk, your Mew's genes are 5/8/1/12/5. Who was the original trainer?

NAL.

------------------
Cat-Gonk.
- Do you believe in Goddish?

The Kitty Litter Box.
http://catgonk.cjb.net/
- GOT KITTY?

"So lock up your daughters.
Lock up your wife.
Lock your back door, and run for your life."
- "T.N.T.": AC/DC.

Posted by Kirby1024 (Member # 98) on 04-22-2000, 12:27 AM:

My Mew had an OT of NAL as well. I'm pretty sure that means Nintendo Australian League or something like that. does anyone know why they chose those initials, and why they didn't choose a Nintendo Character like they got for Americans?

Just wondering...

------------------

Posted by Acey (Member # 309) on 05-02-2000, 01:44 AM:

My Mew from the Sydney tours last year has OT AUS (which is pretty obvious =P).

It's stats are 383/288/270/292/278

By the way, have any of you other aussies seen any new poke tours in your cities? I saw one at Parramatta last Saturday, it was classified as a Stadium Tour, but all they had were stands to try out Pokesta, the new TCG Gameboy game and just normal TCG. They didn't have a Mew machine and no comp either. They did have a show though (whoopteedoo *_*)

Lates

------------------
-
*** Ace ***

http://jsa.users.fl.net.au
"How strange... It's wilting... Ha! Ha!" - Lilith
-

Posted by Mr. K (Member # 2) on 10-12-2000, 11:49 AM:

Well, a meelyun years after everyone else was interested, I've started looking into the Mews I got from Nintendo.

I got 4 total, and gave 2 away. So I've got 2 left and they are identical, even tho they were obtained at 2 different mall tours, months apart. Different ID numbers, different trainers (LINKE and LUIGIE)...and their L5 stats were also the same as the other Mews I got (altho I did not ever even try and work out their genes).

Rare Candied up to L50, nice and fresh, their stats are 165/115/106/117/110.

Is that the same as Gonk's Mew's genes, White Cat?

Anyway, I've never been too excited about Mew before, but I kinda like the idea that it's a special gift from Nintendo and, more importantly, I really wanna get thru the rest of Stadium.

------------------
"If it's just a lull, why am I bored right out of my skull?"
- The Replacements

[This message has been edited by Mr. K (edited 10-14-2000).]

Posted by Jenova (Member # 727) on 10-12-2000, 12:39 PM:

Dante got 6 mews, and as far as I know all their OT names are "UK"
I know the one I got from him was anyway...and I think Terra's was too...

------------------
"A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?"
"If life gives you lemons, stick them down your shirt and make your boobs look bigger"
"In the RED corner! The WORLD! Annnnd, in the BLUE corner! JENOVA!"

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 10-13-2000, 04:59 AM:

The genes of Mr. K's Mews are 5/10/1/12/5, the same as every other official Mew that I know of. (Cat-Gonk's seems to be missing some Attack stat experience.)

------------------
"This is Canada speaking. Give us all your stuff, or we'll annihilate you."
-- Mike Bullard

Posted by mr k mouth (Member # 802) on 10-13-2000, 11:37 PM:

maybe there's one named "zelda" or "peach" that has max stats, just a guess.

------------------
bitch please, ya must have a mental disease, assume the position and get back down on yo knees-eminem

Posted by Mr. K (Member # 2) on 10-14-2000, 01:21 AM:

Not that I really want to open this can of worms again, but this shows that Mew is not as cheap as some claim, considering that you're not exactly getting a max stats Mew, if you want to play legally.

At any rate...interesting. Thanks, White Cat.

My Mew's still only L25, but I'll let you know how the Poke Cup goes...

------------------
"If it's just a lull, why am I bored right out of my skull?"
- The Replacements

Posted by Iyse (Member # 149) on 10-14-2000, 05:17 PM:

The ones from the UK have OT: UK

=)

That's all nice and easy.

------------------
Slowbro used Amnesia
Slowbro used Amnesia
Slowbro used Amnesia
Slowbro used Surf Critical Hit

Posted by Automaton (Member # 1234) on 12-24-2000, 10:55 AM:

My Mew's OT is YOSHIRB. Not sure about the stats, tho. The one I sharked into the wild is pretty good, tho!

------------------

Posted by Jigglypuff (Member # 144) on 12-24-2000, 11:33 PM:

When the tour came to Canada I got a mew. The OT name was Yoshi

------------------
Visit Neopets

Karpe Diem