This is topic Dumb questions about G/S breeding in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000101

Posted by Stephen (Member # 58) on 04-12-2000, 07:27 AM:

If one breeds two evolved Pokemon, is the baby evolved or unevolved? For example, do two Raichu produce a Pichu, Pikachu or Raichu?

I read that the baby grows faster than its parents. Does "faster" mean "boosted experience", with all the disadvantages that come with this (reduced "stat experience")?

Where should I be looking for this information so I don't have to waste space here?

-Stephen

Posted by Meowth346 (Member # 166) on 04-12-2000, 08:14 AM:

I would refer you to my site, but alas my breeding section's not complete and up yet.

As for the born Pokémon, it's the lowest evolutionary form of the mother (Ditto-breeding accepted).
RaichuM + JigglypuffF = Pupurin
PikachuM + MarillF = Marill
SquirtleM + WartorleF = Wartortle
CharizardM + CharmeleonF = Charmander

Well, you get the idea.

I'm still working on that "faster growth" thing. As near as I can remember, all attacks are learned one level sooner.

Also, the baby can learn TM attacks that the father knows, each baby has a set of attacks that it may be born with, and they *may* evolve on a sooner level, though they may not. *May* meaning that I'm guessing. That may not be so.

--Meowth346

Posted by Mr. K (Member # 2) on 04-12-2000, 10:03 AM:

Does anyone else find it disturbing that such different "species" of Pokemon can mate?

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

Posted by Stephen (Member # 58) on 04-12-2000, 10:22 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. K:
Does anyone else find it disturbing that such different "species" of Pokemon can mate?

What's more disturbing is that any of them would choose a Ditto as a partner. Where does... I mean, how does... oh, nevermind.

-Stephen

Posted by Porcupine (Member # 46) on 04-12-2000, 05:01 PM:

That's a easy one. The ditto turns into the same pokemon to breed with, duh! Hehe.

------------------

Posted by Jackdaw (Member # 118) on 04-12-2000, 05:05 PM:

The species can't be that different. Bugs can only go with bugs, plants with plants, birds with birds, etc, etc...
It all matters on the sprite of the pokemon. The real distubing cross overs is the one Koffings, Charmanders, and Zubats use. Although is a completely differently shaped pokemon, its uses the same sprite.

------------------
Your avian friend,
-Jackdaw

Posted by Mr. K (Member # 2) on 04-12-2000, 05:39 PM:

If any punk-ass Charmander tries to mount my Koffing, I'll have Wiggly crack his spine and Lee will throw him in a vat of Psyduck Surf!

------------------
KOFFING!

Posted by SpaceDog (Member # 35) on 04-12-2000, 07:35 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Jackdaw:
The species can't be that different. Bugs can only go with bugs, plants with plants, birds with birds, etc, etc...
It all matters on the sprite of the pokemon. The real distubing cross overs is the one Koffings, Charmanders, and Zubats use. Although is a completely differently shaped pokemon, its uses the same sprite.

This is just a rumor, pokemon with completely different sprites can still breed with one another, considering they like each other. For example, Venusaur is breedable with Marowak, despite their different sprites.

------------------

Posted by Keibu (Member # 175) on 04-12-2000, 07:55 PM:

Can you breed Mew or Mewtwo?
(Mew and mewtwo together or one of them with ditto)

------------------

Posted by Wizzymoto (Member # 60) on 04-12-2000, 11:20 PM:

Where did you guys find all your info, I've got a ROM in Japanese and am sorry to say that I'm to durn stupid to figure out what the attacks are, do, mating, breeding, etc.

------------------
"The purpose of life is not to try to get to Heaven, but to realize that the way IS heaven"

Posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk (Member # 14) on 04-13-2000, 01:13 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Stephen:
What's more disturbing is that any of them would choose a Ditto as a partner. Where does... I mean, how does... oh, nevermind.

-Stephen

Ditto would morph into whatever the other Pokemon felt like mating with, which probably explains why it'll mate with everything.

What I'm more puzzled about, is how the heck a Maggumaggu would mate with a Grimer...

------------------
Cat-Gonk.
- Do you believe in Goddish?

The Kitty Litter Box.
http://catgonk.cjb.net/
- GOT KITTY?

"So lock up your daughters.
Lock up your wife.
Lock your back door, and run for your life."
- "T.N.T.": AC/DC.

Posted by cfalcon (Member # 19) on 04-13-2000, 03:21 AM:

Flareon in Stadium wiggles her rear a lot...

I can't see how any male monster could resist that kind of overture.

Ditto can mate with anything? Or just most things? Either way, it sounds like we should start catching Dittos with good genes so that we can have a male ditto breed with whatever females we run across to improve the line...

Ditto, you stud...

-cfalcon

------------------

Posted by Mr. K (Member # 2) on 04-13-2000, 03:52 AM:

The first time my friend saw Jolteon prepare for a Sand-Attack he said "Uh oh!"...

...he thought Jolteon was gonna let one rip on my Wigglytuff!

------------------
KOFFING!

Posted by Stephen (Member # 58) on 04-13-2000, 04:32 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by cfalcon:

Flareon in Stadium wiggles her rear a lot...

I really, really tried to raise my Flareon to be a good girl. But she won't listen, and insists on taunting her opponents like that. Bad Flareon!

And don't even get me started on Nidoqueen.

-Stephen

Posted by White Cat (Member # 42) on 04-13-2000, 06:56 PM:

Don't you mean "= Squirtle"?

Posted by Meowth346 (Member # 166) on 04-13-2000, 08:30 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:

Don't you mean "= Squirtle"?

Err, yeah, Squirtl's the outcome. Sorry 'bout that, I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing ^_^;;

--Meowth346

------------------

Posted by Argo (Member # 49) on 04-13-2000, 11:39 PM:

quote:
If any punk-ass Charmander tries to mount my Koffing, I'll have Wiggly crack his spine and Lee will throw him in a vat of Psyduck Surf!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Heh.....ditto is a god damn pimp in g/s....he gets all the ass..

------------------
AIM:Argothian Wurm
"Cut gives the Grass-type a chance versus Fire-types"
-Nintendo Power

"It's gonna be a Psybro!"
-Ash

Posted by Ripper Roo (Member # 74) on 04-14-2000, 04:41 AM:

Actually If a Ditto breeds with a male pokémon the baby will be whatever that male pokémon was.
For example my male Odairu bred with a ditto and the result was a Waninoko(and it had Surf and Hydro Pump at birth as an added bonus!)

------------------
"he ha ha he he ha" Ripper Roo

Posted by Volrath50 (Member # 171) on 04-14-2000, 11:13 AM:

The freakiest part is how Ditto can change genders.......

------------------
"Mew!"
Our friend, Mewtwo

Posted by DarkTiamat (Member # 201) on 04-14-2000, 06:39 PM:

What happens if you breed two Dittos? Would they argue over who gets to be what gender?

------------------

Posted by Jackdaw (Member # 118) on 04-14-2000, 11:32 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Keibu:
Can you breed Mew or Mewtwo?
(Mew and mewtwo together or one of them with ditto)

As far as i know, which is a lot,
Mew, Mewtwo, and anything considered legendary, dogs and birds, old and new, cannot breed at all. All of them are genderless.

The same goes for Porygon, Electrode, Magneton, and Starmie.

------------------
Your avian friend,
-Jackdaw

Posted by Avalanche (Member # 38) on 04-15-2000, 12:47 AM:

Are you sure? I heard stories of electrode with spore...

------------------
AIM: Avalanche786
e-mail: lewisdischner@msn.com

Posted by Slick 66 (Member # 70) on 04-16-2000, 03:26 PM:

quote:
As far as i know, which is a lot,
Mew, Mewtwo, and anything considered legendary, dogs and birds, old and new, cannot breed at all. All of them are genderless.

The same goes for Porygon, Electrode, Magneton, and Starmie.

(Just about) Anything with a great move or great stat cannot breed. Nintendo? Game balance? Yippee !

------------------
~Slick has spoken~

This post was made solely by the will of the giant grinning demon scarecrows
sent to torture and manipulate me. And those damn kittens....

The famous person wears the same size water skis as me
She's got three cars as many years I've lived in this ci-ty
Her hair is blonde and mine is brown they both start with a B
But when the phone inside her ribcage rings it's not for me.

~John and John, They Might Be Giants (huzzah!)

Posted by Crimzonite (Member # 307) on 04-20-2000, 01:11 PM:

An interesting note about Ditto breeding with anything. Apparently, if you breed Ditto with Eevee or any of it's evolutions, the resulting offspring is five Eevees. One for each evolution.

------------------

Posted by Dark Jaguar (Member # 187) on 04-20-2000, 04:26 PM:

Hey, if Starmies can't mate, can you cut them in half to make two new Starmies, just like with Starfish? Oh and Ditto changing genders is like certain species of reptiles which do the same thing. Hmm, I don't think those legendary ones are genderless, they just can't mate with any one, how aggrivating for them...

------------------
Welcome to DJ Inc., where everything is JUST fine.

Posted by Volrath50 (Member # 171) on 04-20-2000, 05:04 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Crimzonite:
An interesting note about Ditto breeding with anything. Apparently, if you breed Ditto with Eevee or any of it's evolutions, the resulting offspring is five Eevees. One for each evolution.

Nope.... Las time my Eevee laid an Egg it was one Eevee.....

------------------
"Mew!"
Our friend, Mewtwo

Posted by Eevee (Member # 97) on 04-20-2000, 06:50 PM:

Hmmm. Maybe Ditto is A-Sexual???

And for all of you who don't know what A-Sexual is...heres the definition:

1 : lacking sex or functional sex organs <~ plants>

2 a : involving or reproducing by reproductive processes (as cell division, spore formation, fission, or budding) that do not involve the union of individuals or germ cells <~ reproduction> <an ~ generation>

b : produced by asexual reproduction <~ spores>

3 : devoid of sexuality <an ~ relationship>

------------------
I'm Mew from the Upnetwork

"Desperate times call for desperate measures." -Me

"I do not follow, I lead." -Me

"You can't accomplish anything without making an effort." -Me

"You know it, I know it, so don't deny it, Eevee is so cool since it can evolve into 5 types! (Theres two more types in Gold/Silver)

"I don't care what anyone thinks of what I like or what I do...so shove it!" -hehehe Me, being defensive.

-Founder of DTOA (Double Teamers of America)

Posted by Dark Jaguar (Member # 187) on 04-20-2000, 10:57 PM:

In case you wonder what the use of another Starmie with the same moves is, think about catching one with max DV ratings, and then making it split that way.

------------------
Welcome to DJ Inc., where everything is JUST fine.

Posted by ScytherAdo (Member # 305) on 04-22-2000, 05:13 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Meowth346:
As for the born Pokémon, it's the lowest evolutionary form of the mother

What if the mother is say a Zapdos? One that doesn't have a lower evolutionary level?

------------------

quote:
My Name Is Tom Ado--Ash

Posted by ScytherAdo (Member # 305) on 04-22-2000, 05:16 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Argo:
Heh.....ditto is a god damn pimp in g/s....he gets all the ass..

Your pretty damn funny Argo, funniest thing I have heard in a while.

Also the quote mentioned in your post by Mr. K was pretty damn funny.

------------------

quote:
My Name Is Tom Ado--Ash

Posted by phoenixnye (Member # 87) on 04-22-2000, 10:30 PM:

I know that you can't breed Mewtwo's or anything like it.
But!!!!! I wonder why Mewtwo learns so many moves before level 70. And we all know that you can't get a Mewtwo in G/S besides gameshark. So why would nintendo gives this advantage to gamesharkers???
I dont know.. maybe... there is a way after all??

------------------

Posted by Givera (Member # 234) on 04-22-2000, 11:03 PM:

Hey... mewtwo CAN get those moves in R/B (Not Yellow mind you) w/ out Game Shark! Do the missingno. trick and you might find a mewtwo over lvl 100... raise him to a certain point and he will change back to lvl 2 (or something I don't remember). Raise him back up and he can get Disable & Confusion at their appropriate levels but it is curious why Nintendo would set moves for mewtwo to learn if he can only get them through a glitch... perhaps they were going to make him found @ lvl 50 like the birds but then changed him to lvl 70 to make him only take 5 minutes of duplicated rare candying instead of 6 for the stupid newbies who use him...
-Givera

------------------
"Mewtwo is sexless?? Where's the fun in that??" -Me

"If any punk-a-- Charmander tries to mount my Koffing, I'll have Wiggly crack his spine and Lee will throw him in a vat of Psyduck Surf!" -Mr. K

"Heh.....ditto is a G-- D--- pimp in g/s....he gets all the a--.." -Argo

Posted by Meowth346 (Member # 166) on 04-23-2000, 08:37 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by ScytherAdo:
What if the mother is say a Zapdos? One that doesn't have a lower evolutionary level?

If Zapdos could breed, the baby would be Zapdos's lowest evolution, which is Zapdos. However, Zapdos cannot breed,

Tauros would be Tauros (referring to Ditto-breeding), Mr. Mime would be Mr. Mime (or Ms., as the case may be), and Farfetch'd would give birth to a Farfetch'd, the lowerst/only evolved forms.

--Meowth346

------------------
PokéResearcher in charge of Pokémon Forever
found via http://anime.at/pokefor

[This message has been edited by Meowth346 (edited 04-23-2000).]

Posted by Givera (Member # 234) on 04-23-2000, 10:40 PM:

Most pokemon have both sexes right (I.E. they are capable of being of either sex - Male or Female) but pokemon like Ditto, Mewtwo, Mew, the legendaries, Porygon, Starmie, Electrode, etc. cann't breed right? Well are they actually sexless (I.E. they aren't either Male OR Female) or do they just have a chastity thing going on (I.E. they DO have a sex - Male or Female - they just won't breed w/ anything) The reason I ask is that could have a BIG impact on moves like Mellow Mellow (Is that the only sex-based move or are there others??) Here are some case uses of Mellow Mellow I'm curious of:
1) Sexless pokemon A uses Mellow Mellow on Male/Female pokemon B
2) Male/Female pokemon A uses Mellow Mellow on Sexless pokemon B
3) Sexless pokemon A uses Mellow Mellow on Sexless pokemon B
Finally could we get a COMPLETE listing of pokemon that aren't capable of being either sex? All I know is (Does Jynx have an evolution?):
Nidoqueen lineage: All female
Nidoking lineage: All male
Jynx (lineage?): All female
Porygon: Sexless
Ditto: Sexless
If anyone has any additions to that (or corrections) post them! BTW To breed Starmies just use Gameshark to teach them Explosion/Self Destruct then use it outside of battle; Collect all of his little pieces and they'll turn into full grown Starmies!! (WOW! I just realized all the stupid rumors the Metallics' breeding might bring about: "YEA! I got a MewTHREE by breeding a Mewtwo and Mew!! He's so kewl!! But Charcolt is better! Breed Charmander and Rapidash to get him!!")
-Givera, inventer of the exploding Pikachu

------------------
"My staff is complaining about the rats in the kitchen; I want to hire a new staff" -Lunchlady Doris on how to spend the School's oil money
"If any punk-a** Charmander tries to mount my Koffing, I'll have Wiggly crack his spine and Lee will throw him in a vat of Psyduck Surf!" -Mr. K on different species ability to breed
"Heh.....ditto is a G** D*** pimp in g/s....he gets all the a**.." -Argo on Ditto's ability to breed with anything/one

Posted by ][ Candy (Member # 214) on 04-24-2000, 10:27 AM:

Porygon2 is genderless. Jynx's pre-evolution Muchuruchu (Or something like that) is all female.

------------------
]['m good with my hands and eager to please. ;)

Karpe Diem