This is topic 1 hit KOs...they work for me In Stadium! :) :) :) :) :) in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000065

Posted by Eevee (Member # 97) on 03-21-2000, 03:23 PM:

I decided to get my Mew out of its box and put Horn Drill and Thunder wave on it. Well, I registered my team against my best pokemon. I started the fight with my Mew, and Snorlax was my first enemy. i used Horn Drill, and BAM! One hit KO! Slowbro came out (Snorlax and Slowbro have the same speed, 158) BAM! One hit KO! Exeggutor came out next. I used Horndrill, and the attack missed. Exeggutor used psychic, andit didnt hurt Mew much. I decided to Paralyze Exeggutor with T-Wave. So, I paralyzed him, and he was "Fully Paralyzed" on his turn to fight. I used Horn Drill....BAM! One hit KO!

Next came Zapdos. I Paralyzed him, and used Horndrill...he was gone!. (Keep in mind that my PP of horndrill is now 3/8). Next came Starmie. I paralyzed Starmie, used Horn Drill, and BAM! One hit KO!!!! The last pokemon was butterfree, and Horn Drill missed those last two times. I then ran about 15 more tests. (15 more this afternoon, and 15 more to night).

1st Battle: Horn Drill hit 5/8 times.
2nd Battle: Horn Drill hit 5/8 times.
3rd battle: Horn Drill hit 2/8 times. (doh!)
4th battle: Horn Drill hit 4/8 times.
5th battle: Horn Drill hot 5/8 times.

The rest of the battles go in this pattern for 10 more battles.

I think Speed has A LOT to do with 1-hit KOs. I know Azure already found this info out, but a few people started to belive otherwise.

So, this PROVES that 1-hit KOs are based on speed.

Sorry if I made any spelling or grammer mistakes. I rushed through this entire post!

------------------
I'm Mew from the Upnetwork

"Desperate times call for desperate measures." -Me

"I do not follow, I lead." -Me

"You can't accomplish anything without making an effort." -Me

"You know it, I know it, so don't deny it, Eevee is so cool since it can evolve into 5 types! (Theres two more types in Gold/Silver)

"I don't care what anyone thinks of what I like or what I do...so shove it!" -hehehe Me, being defensive.

Posted by cfalcon (Member # 19) on 03-21-2000, 06:20 PM:

1-hit KOs definitely function differently in Stadium than in GB versions, that's for sure.

Your results are slightly over half. What remains is a larger series of trials with both speed values controlled.

-cfalcon

------------------

Posted by Mr. K (Member # 2) on 03-21-2000, 10:50 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by cfalcon:
1-hit KOs definitely function differently in Stadium than in GB versions, that's for sure.

I think Crit Hits in Stadium have a lot more to do with Speed than in RBY as well.

But it's all anecdotal evidence. My Pokemon are slow and it could be that the computer just cheats.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

Posted by Meowth346 (Member # 166) on 03-24-2000, 04:39 AM:

I fought a Gambler that got to go first every round, and beat me three times in a row. Each time he got to go first each round and used the same 1-Hit KO attack three times in a row to KO all 3 of the Pokémon on my team. I haven't yet had a chance to research 1-Hits on Stadium, but 9 our of 9 times the faster Pokémon used that for the opening attack and was successful.

--Meowth346

------------------

Posted by Wizzymoto (Member # 60) on 03-24-2000, 10:23 PM:

I know!!!, I hate that stupid gambler. HHe's supposed to "gamble" on his one hit Ko's.
On lvl2 master, its damn near impossible to beat him.

------------------
"I thought you said you were gonna watch a video"
"We did, an video on how to make your own sausge"

Posted by DiPPer101 (Member # 124) on 03-24-2000, 10:56 PM:

Poke or prime cup?

------------------

Posted by Jigglypuff (Member # 144) on 03-26-2000, 05:18 PM:

Eevee is here.

------------------
The empty §ig of Jigglypuff!

Posted by Volrath50 (Member # 171) on 03-26-2000, 06:43 PM:

Speaking of 1-Hit KOs, I've always had good luck with them in the Game Boy... Whenever I need to KO an enemy Horn Drill/Fissure always work... Never used gullitine much, only time I used it it worked though.

Don't know why though....

------------------
"Mew!"
Our friend, Mewtwo

Posted by Jigglypuff (Member # 144) on 03-27-2000, 04:22 PM:

If you compare it to the chances in Red/Blue/Yellow you can see that 1 hit KO attacks are more accurate in stadium.

------------------
The empty §ig of Jigglypuff!

Karpe Diem