This is topic Question about stat-raising moves in forum Research Lab at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000043

Posted by CPioli (Member # 120) on 03-12-2000, 04:48 PM:

Okay, here is what I want to know:

Do stat moves increase some stat areas by a unit, or by a percentage of the Pokemon's current stat in that area?

For instance, if I had a Scyther (with 180 attack) using Swords Dance, would Swords Dance

• Raise the Attack rating by a percentage (eg, 30%, 40%, etc)
  • Raise it by a number depending on your Pokemon's level
  • Raise it by an unchangeable unit

Also, the same goes for moves like Harden, Growl, etc.

But, about Acid Armor and Withdrawl: they are Water and Poison type moves. does this give the user an advantage if it was the same type as that of the attack? (Same w/ Amnesia)

Reflect and Light Screen cut down da,mage by half (which is obvious), but I wanted to know about these moves...

Lastly, how will moves lowering stats do damage?

Posted by Jackdaw (Member # 118) on 03-12-2000, 04:55 PM:

I know for a fact that Amnesia, Agility, Barrier, and Acid Armor act on your 'base' stat, ie: if you have 100 DEF and use Acid Armor, after the first use you'll have 200, the second 300, etc. Also remember that you can only reach 999 in any stat.

Lowering attacks most likely work in %'s. 50%, 25%, etc.

------------------
    Your avian friend,
    -Jackdaw

Posted by Wintermute (Member # 5) on 03-12-2000, 05:20 PM:

CPioli, check out the multiplier progression on our Combat page. Jackdaw is right: those multipliers can be considered to act on the relevant base stat, and the max for any stat is 999.

There's no advantage for being the same type as a stat modifier move.

------------------

Posted by Takeshi (Member # 125) on 03-12-2000, 06:31 PM:

Swords Dance would double the attack rating, to my knowledge. If it was an attack-raising move that wasn't as strong as Swords Dance, it would probably only raise the attack by a certain percentage (ie. 50%). Actually, I don't recall any attacks like that right now. And yes, Jackdaw is correct about all his info.

BTW, nice to see ya CPioli!

any questions?
    -Takeshi

------------------

Posted by cfalcon (Member # 19) on 03-12-2000, 08:13 PM:

Meditate

------------------

Posted by Rysto (Member # 24) on 03-13-2000, 11:26 AM:

Just check out the attacks part of the compendum, it will explain everything.

------------------

Karpe Diem