This is topic ITT you come up with a good Togetic in forum Oddish Memorial Lecture Hall at The Azure Heights Forum.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/buzz/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000132

Posted by Dark_Herakurosu (Member # 1677) on 11-29-2003, 03:03 PM:

I'm updating Team Faerie for RuSa. Togetic, of course, is the embodiment of the team. Therefore, you shall come up with a good, usable set for the giant gnat. Good day.

Posted by LanderZRPG (Member # 1615) on 11-29-2003, 07:23 PM:

It's not legal in 202, and as such, I am going to not help.
Make a Koffing instead.

Posted by Dark_Togetic (Member # 3418) on 11-29-2003, 08:23 PM:

Huh? I thought people wouldn't want to use Togetic because of its stats... Seems I'm not the only one using it when it becomes available.
Back on GSC times, I had two movesets for it.

Future Sight
Protect
Toxic
Fly
@ Leftovers

First moveset I made. I know, it isn't good, but could be useful sometimes. Perhaps the greatest flaw here is the lack of a trapping move...

Hmm... The second set was screwed up with the TM changes, so it cannot be used now. It was Swift+Attract+Swagger+Psych Up@Leftovers. Something could be made based on it, tough.
Finally... It's interesting to see that Togetic has Substitute and present on its bred moves list.
I'll try to come up with something else later. Hope other people post here... Um... Just curious, what other Pokémon are part of Team Faerie?

Posted by Dark_Herakurosu (Member # 1677) on 11-30-2003, 12:41 AM:

Yesyes, something good has come out of RuSa - Togetic with Sub w00t! Also, Toxic's newfound ability to increase no matter what will come in handy, as will Wish and Yawn. I'm just too lazy to come up with a good set to utilize these to their fullest.

The other members of Team Faerie are:
Ninetales
Sunflora (/Wigglytuff)
Clefable
Kingdra
Ampharos

Though I change it if the metagame suddenly discovers something big. I was thinking for 202 I could use Shiftry, Glaile, and Claydol. Maybe I can find a good set for (gaspo!) Mawile. Maybe. For now, I'm sticking with my current lineup.

Edit: Ned, you don't need to flaunt your single-mindedness. We already know.

[ 11-30-2003, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: Dark_Herakurosu ]

Posted by Tenshi no Myu (Member # 1120) on 11-30-2003, 12:57 AM:

Isn't Togepi/tic available in Colosseum? So its not totally off the wall to plan movesets for it, then.

Posted by LanderZRPG (Member # 1615) on 11-30-2003, 02:34 AM:

Has it been confirmed that ANY of the old pokes are "available" for your RuSa cartridges via any source, yet? I don't recall hearing about it...

Posted by Donald (Member # 1551) on 11-30-2003, 01:43 PM:

www.serebii.net 's Colosseum section has a list of the Pokemon you can get in the game - which are then sent to your RS game.

btw, Celebi is on the list [Eek!]

Posted by Tenshi no Myu (Member # 1120) on 11-30-2003, 05:00 PM:

My Relicanth uses Yawn+Protect w/Lefties, which may work for a Togetic too.

Posted by TIDUSBLITZABESX (Member # 3390) on 12-01-2003, 01:27 PM:

Ooh here we go again, another piece of evidence that there are people using shark lol!
quote:

Dark_Herakurosu
I'm updating Team Faerie for RuSa. Togetic, of course, is the embodiment of the team. Therefore, you shall come up with a good, usable set for the giant gnat. Good day.
quote:

Gee uhhh getting Togetic is impossible without gameshark ahem!

Posted by Dark_Herakurosu (Member # 1677) on 12-01-2003, 06:19 PM:

Not an ingame team. This is for RSBot and/or NetBattle RuSa. To be honest, I don't even know where my cartrige is. Did I give it away, or did I have one in the first place? I'm not quite sure. What I am sure of is that there is still a 386 metagame. Therefore, ALLCAPS, I win. [Trash Koffing]

Posted by Donald (Member # 1551) on 12-01-2003, 07:02 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Herakurosu:
Therefore, ALLCAPS, I win. [Trash Koffing]

I'm not arguing with the fact that you win, I'm just pointing out that tl;dr is the new Face (complete with loss by default).

Posted by Fluorine (Member # 2904) on 12-01-2003, 08:46 PM:

*notes that tl;dr cannot use the quote tag properly*

(lol)

Posted by LanderZRPG (Member # 1615) on 12-02-2003, 12:21 AM:

Well, you know, they're so hard... what with that button that says "QUOTE" being in the middle of the other buttons, it could get passed over.
And it being so blatantly different from all other UB Board tags [or HTML tags, or ANY Board tags..], what with the "Put starter tag, then text, then closing tag" and all rules...
Wow, I can hardly get my own mind around such a decidedly complex tool.

Posted by Uiru (Member # 437) on 12-04-2003, 11:26 PM:

Fluorine, I'm pretty sure this guy cannot use the bathroom unassisted.

edit: oh well. Better posts exist.
~Uiru

[ 12-05-2003, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: Uiru ]

Posted by Tghost (Member # 1418) on 12-05-2003, 08:33 AM:

Well, Sub/Sweet Kiss/Wish looks like it could form an incredibly stupid combo to try and keep Togetic alive..which it desperately needs. And then you got one moveslot with which to actually hit your opponent.

WHOA! Serene Grace.

It's most awesome. You need to use a move that could benefit from this.

But what does Togetic learn that can really benefit from it?

Hmm..I wonder if Serene Grace would benefit moves chosen through Metronome..that could be incredibly funny.

Oh. Secret Power would have a 60% chance of paralysis. That could be very useful. And it's not like it's decreased attack power against other Normal attacks will matter much coming from a Togetic.

Sweet Kiss and Secret Power could be fun. Especially since paralysis would give Togetic a quick speed advantage/possible switch it would need to keep itself kicking.

SO, sort of Sub/Wish/Sweet Kiss/Secret Power with Serene Grace and attached, umm, whatever.

Posted by Uiru (Member # 437) on 12-05-2003, 10:23 AM:

Serene Grace is the one that doubles effect chances, right? I don't suppose that means it gives Sweet Kiss 150% accuracy, then...?

I want to get back at this game but Fire Emblem and DDR make it so hard. Oh, and exams. I should do something about exams soon. [Big Grin]
~Uiru

Posted by Donald (Member # 1551) on 12-05-2003, 02:06 PM:

It doubles added effect odds, so Sweet Kiss remains at 75%.

However, Dunsparce now has a 20% chance of boosting every stat with Ancientpower.

Posted by SDShamshel (Member # 791) on 12-14-2003, 01:49 PM:

What about Togetic's other trait, the one that boosts attack power and sacrifices accuracy?

Makes me want to give it Hyper Beam or something.

Posted by LanderZRPG (Member # 1615) on 12-14-2003, 03:02 PM:

Makes moves like 1.5 or 1.25 as powerful, but 75% as accurate, or some such. Hustle.

Posted by Crimzonite (Member # 307) on 12-14-2003, 11:43 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Donald:
It doubles added effect odds, so Sweet Kiss remains at 75%.

However, Dunsparce now has a 20% chance of boosting every stat with Ancientpower.

O.o

L33t.

Posted by Mr.E (Member # 696) on 12-15-2003, 02:34 AM:

Protect/Wish/Toxic and work from there, I say!

Or Hustled Choice Banded Hyper Beam X)

Posted by Tghost (Member # 1418) on 12-16-2003, 01:00 AM:

If one Hyper Beam missed from that Haste/Choice Band Togetic...

Karpe Diem