The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Arbok's Internet Cafe   » G/S PBS No More

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: G/S PBS No More
Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 06-12-2001 06:09 PM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lordy got pissed off of constant abuse and bitching about when it'd be ready, so he threw in the towel.

Now we have to rely on gsbot, which I dislike due to it's lack of being anything close to user-friendly.

------------------
<KC-Chan> Psybro, you're a lot sexier than Fanha ;)
<Lordy> Psybro: i swear to god, you're one of the sexiest guys i've ever seen ;p
AIM: PsybroUK

From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 06-12-2001 06:14 PM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
reminds me of something...

------------------
Hearing about brats getting their butt's kicked is always satisfying.~~Pokegod

CHaRiZaRd
Farting Nudist
Member # 994

Member Rated:
posted 06-12-2001 06:38 PM      Profile for CHaRiZaRd   Author's Homepage   Email CHaRiZaRd   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
God damn it. That sucks. Now I really do have to learn GSbot.

------------------
Pojo Chat-- *** CHaRiZaRdoA is now known as Your_Mother
<DarkLickitung> O_O;;;;;;
<Your_Mother> 8=======D~~~~~~~~~~~~ O:
*** Your_Mother was kicked by |MrMonkey33| (You're scaring the customers, we must ask you to leave.)

[This message has been edited by CHaRiZaRd (edited 06-12-2001).]

NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 06-12-2001 07:02 PM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh well.

Maybe we can ask Fanha for the coding from gsbot and someone can use that to develop a gspbs.

=\

Actually, gsbot is plenty fine.

------------------
"Aww, does the poor widdle Death Stawmie need mommie to kiss away its boo-boo?" - White Cat

"Ugh, that's impossible!" - R-2 Rival, after Belly Drum Lax OHKO'd Mewtwo with Double-Edge

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MegaScythe
I am resposible for Grease 2.
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
posted 06-12-2001 07:13 PM      Profile for MegaScythe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I just saw that. Man, that really sucks.. Eh, pass the salt. I wouldnt be that drastic because of an e-mail, especially after all the work put into it, but I guess he doesnt mind.

------------------
The new guy knows nothing about STRAIGHT BALLIN

In conclusion, Quit Frontin, Skroo.-Sama on Cheebawulf

Jigglypuff
Farting Nudist
Member # 144

Member Rated:
posted 06-12-2001 09:13 PM      Profile for Jigglypuff   Email Jigglypuff   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The only way we would EVER get the GSbot code is if we un-ban Fanha from pretty much, ever pokémon board, something that will NEVER happen.

------------------
Member of DTaholics annonymous
Member of Neopets!
The real killer, I think, is hopelessness - Brayze

DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 06-12-2001 09:22 PM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jigglypuff:
The only way we would EVER get the GSbot code is if we un-ban Fanha from pretty much, ever pokémon board, something that will NEVER happen.

I guess e-mail doesn't exist, then.

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Crazed Aipom
Farting Nudist
Member # 1575

Member Rated:
posted 06-12-2001 09:32 PM      Profile for Crazed Aipom     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hoohoo.
From: www.turntherobotoff.com | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Viktor
Farting Nudist
Member # 346

Member Rated:
posted 06-12-2001 09:45 PM      Profile for Viktor     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, did I call this happening.

------------------
"And to think of all the time i wasted at Moe's"
"Wasted? What about our staring contests?"

From: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
red13n
My parents think it's weird I wack off to anthropomorphic animals. Yiff yiff.
Member # 1013

Member Rated:
posted 06-12-2001 10:09 PM      Profile for red13n   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*notes he called the gspbs a hoax a long time ago*-meh-i wasnt exactly right-but it did have the same outcome-and it could have been all a hoax-

------------------

mleo2003
Farting Nudist
Member # 1618

Member Rated:
posted 06-13-2001 01:04 AM      Profile for mleo2003   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Lordy still has the coding for his GS PBS, maybe he can give you what he has, and you can try to fix it from there. Credit would go to him for the major part of it, and a little credit would go to whoever debugged it.

------------------
Email: mleo2003@hotmail.com

Visit my Strategy Page on my Site:
Matt's Strat Page

Have fun and make yourself at home.

From: Forest, Mississippi | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nirvana
Farting Nudist
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
posted 06-13-2001 02:02 AM      Profile for Nirvana     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Poor Lordy.

------------------
-ÑïrVÄn@
-E-Mail: Aquarius@pokedaily.com

From: United Kingdom. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 06-13-2001 03:00 AM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Someone make a freaking G/S PBS. If you can't handle the abuse from fags, then give them my email, it doesn't bother me too much.

------------------
"BRAYZE's infatuation kept her from attacking enemy ANTHRAX!" -Biffster
AIM: daBIGTom

From: Overland Park, Kansas, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Charmeleon42
Date Rapist
Member # 1066

Member Rated:
posted 06-13-2001 05:16 AM      Profile for Charmeleon42   Author's Homepage   Email Charmeleon42   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meh.... I like the GSBot...

T'would have been annoying to have everyone goto G/S PBS...

------------------
Naoki-Chan changed name to self
[X-Trip]Fossilized killed self with m4a1

From: Mountain Dew Land | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
cougar17
Farting Nudist
Member # 743

Rate Member
posted 06-13-2001 08:43 AM      Profile for cougar17   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You have to blame Lordy for some of it. I mean, who brags about their PBS when they're only 20% done? If Lordy wanted to manage the situation better, he might have released just a little information, and not put anything up until complete. Fanha reigns!

PS- I know of somebody else who has been working secretly on a GSPBS and are probably about more than half finished. But, they're also making a Trading Card Battle Simulator, and a regular RBY PBS, to have some sort of 1337 pokemon gamesite. Well, chops to that person! I don't want to disclose his name, or the URL yet (Even though there isn't anything at the site last time I checked, but still knowing the URL is decent ^^ )

------------------
Think About It!!

Charmeleon411
Farting Nudist
Member # 99

Member Rated:
posted 06-13-2001 11:58 AM      Profile for Charmeleon411     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fanha reigns nothing.

I have 75% of the sim's code, if anyone wants to finish work on it.

------------------
"Yes, anyone who dares to disagree with Charmeloeon411 is an idiot..." - White Cat
MEH!
-Charmeleon411-

Nirvana
Farting Nudist
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
posted 06-13-2001 01:41 PM      Profile for Nirvana     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You have to remember, Lordy broke up with his girlfriend a while back. That may of made him somewhat care less for the PBS.

You can complain about him all you want, but he as better programming skills than most and I seriously doubt many could of done a better job than he did.

------------------
-ÑïrVÄn@
-E-Mail: Aquarius@pokedaily.com

From: United Kingdom. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Shrimpy
Farting Nudist
Member # 1543

Member Rated:
posted 06-13-2001 04:15 PM      Profile for Shrimpy   Author's Homepage   Email Shrimpy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Charmeleon411, if you have 75% of the coding I'd be more than willing to look it over and try to finish it up.

Right now my experience is only with battling data stored on a server, but if you have the source that can show how to battle back and forth I should be able to work it out.

All I've got now is http://tppcrpg.net which is basically just a little sim for younger kids. Works well enough, I suppose, but I'd enjoy making a true PBS much more.

My e-mail is Shrimpy@tppcrpg.net, just let me know if you want me to give it a shot or not.

------------------
Close the world, Open the nExt.
TPPC Trainer's Corner - For A New Brand Of Strategy

Jenova
Farting Nudist
Member # 727

Member Rated:
posted 06-13-2001 05:57 PM      Profile for Jenova   Author's Homepage   Email Jenova   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Be nice about my Lordy, all of you. He didnt -have- to make it, and so he's not. Shoulda been more grateful instead of "Eeh, is it finished yet? Why isnt it finished yet! yu0 fag y isnt da PBS finished yet?"
Suckee.

Charmeleon411
Farting Nudist
Member # 99

Member Rated:
posted 06-13-2001 06:06 PM      Profile for Charmeleon411     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll give out the coding once I ask lordy and such due to legal shiz and whatnot.
Haste2
Farting Nudist
Member # 518

Member Rated:
posted 06-13-2001 06:59 PM      Profile for Haste2   Author's Homepage   Email Haste2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, if Lordy hands it to someone else, then I don't care at all if he stops the work on it.

------------------
Haste2, the hastiest of them all!

Continue
Farting Nudist
Member # 31

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2001 12:06 AM      Profile for Continue   Email Continue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charmeleon411:
Fanha reigns nothing.

I have 75% of the sim's code, if anyone wants to finish work on it.

Out of curiousity, what language(s) is it written in?

On a completely unrelated note, this is the first time I've been to AH on my new home computer and those Poliwhirls are just wrong when your computer has this much power (1.33 GHz Athlon w/ 512M RAM and a GeForce3 with 64 M DDR RAM). Somebody really could get dizzy from watching those things spin around that fast (more RPMs then any car will ever see).

From: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jackdaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 118

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2001 05:39 PM      Profile for Jackdaw   Author's Homepage   Email Jackdaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not that anyone cares what I have to say, but :

First, I, for one, am proud of Lordy. The PKMN community has been going downhill for a long time now with a butt-load of mouthy, whining, losers. If my hard work, time, and effort weren't enough for them, I would have punked them off way before. I'm surprised he lasted this long.

And lastly, I like the somewhat complexity of the GSBot. Of course, I haven't taken the time to learn how to use it yet, but I feel that it will only keep those who are serious about battling on it and keep loser newbies at TPM.

... yeah. Think about it.

------------------
"Forget the tribe, my pants have spoken." -#8 of the Top Ten Survivor Pick-up Lines

JolteonStorm
Farting Nudist
Member # 1774

posted 06-15-2001 08:50 PM      Profile for JolteonStorm   Author's Homepage   Email JolteonStorm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There a bunch of TPM newbies on the gsbot.
DarkLickitung
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2001 09:15 PM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But there's barely any Pojo newbies.

------------------
DarkL, quit getting jealous because our teams are better, and we can take you down anyday. Loser... ~Heracross20, regular G/S Pojoer.

Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 06-16-2001 05:12 PM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just don't like the idea of about 30 people seeing my every dumb mistake.
From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 06-16-2001 08:00 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you like I can put up all your PBS battles on the main page. Heh.

------------------

Shrimpy
Farting Nudist
Member # 1543

Member Rated:
posted 06-21-2001 04:53 PM      Profile for Shrimpy   Author's Homepage   Email Shrimpy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Continue:
Out of curiousity, what language(s) is it written in?

So far as I know, it's written in PHP (http://www.php.net).

On another note, do any of you happen to know Lordy's email or a way to contact him? I'm still interested in seeing if I can maybe finish his coding for the GS PBS (Giving him full credit, of course). Seeing the coding for the original PBS may help as well, and I know Blizzard put it out under the GNU License, but I have no idea to where find it. If anyone can help me out, it'd be appreciated.

------------------
Close the world, Open the nExt.
TPPC Trainer's Corner - For A New Brand Of Strategy

Mewbot
Farting Nudist
Member # 1473

Rate Member
posted 07-07-2001 10:31 PM      Profile for Mewbot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It *might* be brought back. I sort've saw the pbsim bot running on the IRC channel a week or a couple weeks ago.

Maybe, maybe not!

------------------
Never underestimate the radish.

DarkLickitung
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2001 12:34 AM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lol
TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2001 02:18 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Clever move by Lordy to get rid of all the fags.

------------------

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-24-2001 04:48 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Very good news.. Never did really get used to the Bot, especially now that there's 75 people logged on at all times....

------------------
"The statement by our blunderbuss azurian is totally non valid."
-MK

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2001 08:44 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In case anyone cares, the battle server's back up...
red13n
Member # 1013

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2001 09:36 PM      Profile for red13n   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Random Loser:
Very good news.. Never did really get used to the Bot, especially now that there's 75 people logged on at all times....

You cant be serious. You do realize that PBSim is going to be filled with more people. Due to it being easier for the idiots to use, since most of them wont be able to figure out how to get to gsbot. Not to mention people have heard of the PBS, and when they hear of G/S PBS, the newbies will naturally head straight for it. In conclusion, you seriously suck if you like g/s pbs more than gsbot. That is all.

Snowdog31
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2014

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2001 10:02 PM      Profile for Snowdog31   Author's Homepage   Email Snowdog31   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hmmmmmmmm, interesting. Well, I like the gsbot, so if the pbs falls, it's not that big of a deal to me.

- - - - -
I am the owner of the Arcticbots in #Snowarena in mIRC. If you want to challenge me to a Pokemon duel, be prepared to face my wrath. Electric and Water types RULE!

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2001 10:07 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by red13n:
You cant be serious. You do realize that PBSim is going to be filled with more people. Due to it being easier for the idiots to use, since most of them wont be able to figure out how to get to gsbot. Not to mention people have heard of the PBS, and when they hear of G/S PBS, the newbies will naturally head straight for it. In conclusion, you seriously suck if you like g/s pbs more than gsbot. That is all.
Difference being, on the PBS the only battle on-screen is yours... not all 350 others going on at the same time.

red13n
Member # 1013

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2001 10:11 PM      Profile for red13n   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Random Loser:
Difference being, on the PBS the only battle on-screen is yours... not all 350 others going on at the same time.
Thats not really much of a problem, unless your an idiot who chooses the same colors as another battle. Theres also #battlezone, which has the mysticbots, and usually no one is on those.

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2001 01:52 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Or maybe I just like the pretty pictures...
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2001 09:43 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Or it could be that if that statement is true, there will be more n00bs to beat! *points to profile*
From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Eaichu250
Farting Nudist
Member # 826

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2001 10:41 AM      Profile for Eaichu250   Email Eaichu250   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey RL, Here's a tip. Ignore all the other bots except for the one your battling on.

It really helps.

[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: Eaichu250 ]

- - - - -
lol

From: Perth Amboy, NJ | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
theclaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
posted 08-10-2001 04:33 AM      Profile for theclaw   Author's Homepage   Email theclaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am a member of many sites. Let me list a few:
Here (Obviously)
TPM
Pojo
Gameshark
My own site and board

I am not a newbie so if anyone calls me that they can **** around with someone else!! I have known about and played pokemon from the beginning in Fall '98. The only pokemon game I haven't played at least once is Stadium 1 JAP. That is the one with less than 150 pokemon.

- - - - -
Come to my web site at http://geocities.com/theclaw135 . My message board is at http://pub081.ezboard.com/btheclaw135selectriccastle.

From: Pokemon World | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fractyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1311

Member Rated:
posted 08-10-2001 05:42 AM      Profile for Fractyl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

I am not a newbie so if anyone calls me that they can **** around with someone else!! I have known about and played pokemon from the beginning in Fall '98. The only pokemon game I haven't played at least once is Stadium 1 JAP. That is the one with less than 150 pokemon.

riiight...we can say four letter words around here...otherwise it looks like you're saying

"...they can play around with someone else.."
or
"...they can walk around with someone else.."

- - - - -
I pretty much agree with Fractyl. -- Porygone

From: Wetlands of Langley B.C. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rei the Giant Koffing
Farting Nudist
Member # 1909

Member Rated:
posted 08-10-2001 05:43 AM      Profile for Rei the Giant Koffing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

From: Americas b0rked penis | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 08-10-2001 11:14 AM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How long you've played the game does not make a person a newbie.

You can play the game for years on end, and still be a newbie.

Or you can play the game for 1 month and not be considered a newbie. A beginner, perhaps, but not a newbie.

- - - - -
Pretty de Cure Cure
Futari wa Precure

Zerot
I pay schoolgirls to verbally abuse me.
Member # 1295

Member Rated:
posted 08-10-2001 12:12 PM      Profile for Zerot   Author's Homepage   Email Zerot   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Plus, saying you are from TPM, Pojo, and Gameshark only hurts your status.
From: Lizton, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 08-10-2001 01:08 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why exactly did he post that here? He's not even mentioned in the topic.. fucking newbie.
Dav1dL
Farting Nudist
Member # 2046

Member Rated:
posted 08-10-2001 01:56 PM      Profile for Dav1dL     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Weeeeeee.
*cuts up thin pieces of spam*
G/S PBS back...from scratch.

- - - - -
Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Pikapeace007
Farting Nudist
Member # 2103

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2001 11:03 AM      Profile for Pikapeace007   Email Pikapeace007   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I see no problem with GSBot.
Except for the losing part ;[

- - - - -
Oh yes sir, I can boogie, boogie woogie with DL.
[20:59:15] *** GreenPikachu has quit IRC (Quit: I love to spank my bottom when no one sees)

[23:28:42] (@DarkLickitung) GP likes gay porn
[23:28:46] (GreenPikachu) yes, i do

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.