next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » The Courtyard   » Karp Park   » T-9

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: T-9
Dweedle
My hands and feet are mangos
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2005 04:31 PM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Reading the other thread where Sama posted the text message from Mullet had me wondering whether or not you guys use T-9 for text messaging. I didn't get into it until I got to Europe, and since using a cell phone is so fucking expensive, we use text messages a lot more than actually calling, so T-9 is really helpful. It makes things so much quicker. Does anyone else use it, or do you type your messages the old fashioned way?

- - - - -
the only way to get pass this will be to commit suicune

From: second of all, Quagmire's not really a bad guy! | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Boodabonzi
like a virgin
Member # 2958

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2005 06:40 PM      Profile for Boodabonzi   Email Boodabonzi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I love my predictive text, I type in 942 and then the option key three times and I get "what in the shitting hell" up for me. There are many other such things that I have taught it.

- - - - -
OK, I know I'm probably not the nicest Pokemon Trainer when it comes to giving advice, and if I get flamed on this, it is probably well deserved. So here goes...

From: Hitchin - biggest little shanty town in all of England | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
DoomMullet
Farting Nudist
Member # 3363

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2005 07:16 PM      Profile for DoomMullet     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't stand T-9, it makes it virtually impossible to get certain letters. I personally avoid sending texts whenever possible, as I find no need for them. I can't say the same for TetrisSama, though.

SAN DIEGO SUPER CHARGERS

- - - - -
What kind of a fuckass fuck of a bumfuck shithole town is this?

From: fondling your balls, don't you feel that? | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Anthrax
Ultimate Authoritative Power in the Universe
Member # 335

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2005 08:50 PM      Profile for Anthrax   Author's Homepage   Email Anthrax   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
how do i send text messages to a lot of people at once like sama does

- - - - -
She told The Associated Press she first realized her son was mentally ill in 1996 when he killed her oldest child, a 25-year-old woman who suffered from cerebral palsy, by beating her with a dumbbell.

From: Somebody put shit in my pants! | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jolteon X
I put my finger up Dweedle's butt and then in my mouth
Member # 284

Member Rated:
posted 04-24-2005 09:00 PM      Profile for Jolteon X   Email Jolteon X   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Use groups. I dont know how to do it on any other phone but mine, but I can group my contacts into different groups (friends, family, UBER, etc) and send the texts to the groups or to all my contacts or whatever.

- - - - -
w
h
a
t
s
u
p

From: Heck: The hell of minor sins | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2005 04:22 AM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yay

Pretty cheap, too.

- - - - -
[insert sig here]

Dweedle
My hands and feet are mangos
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2005 09:24 AM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have a feeling I'm gonna have a shitload of messages from Sama once I turn my phone on again after getting back to the States

- - - - -
the only way to get pass this will be to commit suicune

From: second of all, Quagmire's not really a bad guy! | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 04-25-2005 12:23 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I use T-9 all the time. Texting is much more common in Europe, I've heard, because some US operators *charge you* when you recieve an SMS (seems really strange for someone living in a country where teens text more than they phone. Really, they do.).

I've learnt a useful trick for typing words not in the word list. As long as it's made up of recognizable syllables, you can press the keys for the particular syllable, get it, then press "right" (or equivalent) and get the next syllable, etc.

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-27-2005 04:25 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This reminds me, awhile ago on this forum, there was a thread about an alternative onscreen keyboard for PDAs. It would use predictive whatsit to position the letters it thought you would likely hit next near the one you just pushed, making typing faster. You could also use it on a regular computer. Anyone know what I'm talking about, and where I can download it?
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 04-27-2005 06:30 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You mean that nutty one that was constantly flowing to the right and you sort of chose a path as the letters sailed past? I liked that thing. Wintermute posted it, but I always forget what it was called...
From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 04-27-2005 03:19 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Also it's called Dasher.
From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-28-2005 03:37 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
thank you muchly

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.