The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » The Courtyard   » Karp Park   » dirty secrets exposed

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dirty secrets exposed
Apophis
worthless spud
Member # 487

Member Rated:
posted 01-14-2005 11:11 AM      Profile for Apophis     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
now, i know that not all of you knew me. i also know that some of you know a little bit more about the inner workings of a game company.

when i was a representative (training tour '99, pokemon stadium tour '00, and all the ensuing card tours *i was the only staff member still under contract to nintendo so i got to stand next to the car, and play my gameboy for 17$ an hour.*)

during the (not wotc) tours, we were instructed to lose one out of every four games (we used to give away hats, as promotions to winners). well, all of us "gym leaders" decided "FUCK THAT." so we trained our pokemon the best we could, but alas....most of us hadnt ever SEEN a pokemon game before we got hired. we quickly learned how to clone pokemon, and over the course of one weekend, we had created two elite fighting forces, one for the east...and one for the west.
of course we had some of the same pokemon. we only had a week of training before we had to "be the face of nintendo".

we eventually (3 weeks or so into the tour) figured out "box tricking". i was actually the last to learn the trick, yet i maintained a win-loss ratio only surpassed by kurt wubbels (east coast), and Major Fish.

at the end of the first tour my lineup was as follows:
PRIME CUP
double teaming toxic starmie
hyper mew
hulkster mewtwo

POKE CUP
"rico suave" the raichu
"tony bennet" the articuno
"vanilla ice" the venusaur
(for particularly annoying teenage boys i would also sometimes use my "power puff girls squad"..a gift from jeff.) this consisted of:
Bubbles the Wigglytuff
Blossom the Chansey
Buttercup the Clefable

PIKA CUP
"ice-t" the gangsta rapping horsea
"turtlehead" the diglet
"abraham lincoln" the pikachu

we had alot of hard fought battles *shakes fist at simyn*, and had alot of fun. i am no longer a pokemon player, but i still like to discuss strategy games.

i am currently in the process of a move to belgium, where i plan to study linguistics at the university of ghent.

dsl (the company i got my job through) has not had work for us for about a year now in february. we did a series of tours for the yugioh trading card game (again, i was put in a gunslinging position). it was not as fun as the pokemon days, however. i regret that alot of the older members on this board didnt get to meet some of the newer faces on our crew.

skeletor4life bro.

- - - - -
a clown ate my foot.

From: Ghent, Belgium | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Apophis
worthless spud
Member # 487

Member Rated:
posted 01-14-2005 11:18 AM      Profile for Apophis     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
oh, and for all of you who were wondering....
the "cocky" attitude was to promote an environment of competition. if you recall, at no point were any of us hurtful or mean about our cockiness.
i took alot of shit from people, and if i seemed rude to some of you folks when you met me...sorry. but thems the breaks. it didnt seem "high stress" but it was. imagine being responsible for the safety of almost 100 screaming children (not all were children, hehe) at once?
i once had a near-riot in los angeles...i hadnt lost a game in like six hours. the children were starting to get upset. i was instructed to lose to the next child....i looked over, and it was a kid that had been calling me dirty names all day.
he won. he immediately stood up on his chair and said "SUCK MY DICK!!". he was like ten years old.

haha
funny story.

- - - - -
a clown ate my foot.

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 01-14-2005 01:16 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OMG With Teeth is coming out soon
From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 267

Member Rated:
posted 01-15-2005 04:12 PM      Profile for Fish     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So you're not actually in Belguim yet? Are you still in Kzoo?

I moved to Arizona last year for no goddamn reason.

So is DSL all done or what... and did you keep in touch with Kurt?

Ok that's enough questions... for now.

G'day, General.

[ 01-15-2005, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Fish ]

- - - - -
Bullshit.

Apophis
worthless spud
Member # 487

Member Rated:
posted 01-15-2005 05:35 PM      Profile for Apophis     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
kzoo can eat my A-hole.

lol

- - - - -
a clown ate my foot.

sunburnt_aphid
most boring gimmick ever
Member # 3546

Member Rated:
posted 01-15-2005 10:58 PM      Profile for sunburnt_aphid     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well blow me down

- - - - -
I like Jessie from Team Rocket <3

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 01-16-2005 01:02 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's Fish in Arizona?

LAS VEGAS GOON MEET!

- - - - -
Hade ni ikuze!

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Apophis
worthless spud
Member # 487

Member Rated:
posted 01-16-2005 03:12 PM      Profile for Apophis     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i was in las vegas last month.

- - - - -
a clown ate my foot.

Apophis
worthless spud
Member # 487

Member Rated:
posted 01-21-2005 10:25 AM      Profile for Apophis     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[Trash Bear]
trashbear smaaaaaaash!!!!

- - - - -
a clown ate my foot.

Anthrax
Ultimate Authoritative Power in the Universe
Member # 335

Member Rated:
posted 01-21-2005 02:56 PM      Profile for Anthrax   Author's Homepage   Email Anthrax   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wow please keep bumping threads

- - - - -
She told The Associated Press she first realized her son was mentally ill in 1996 when he killed her oldest child, a 25-year-old woman who suffered from cerebral palsy, by beating her with a dumbbell.

From: Somebody put shit in my pants! | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cheater
Farting Nudist
Member # 216

posted 01-22-2005 12:56 PM      Profile for Cheater        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthrax:
wow please keep bumping threads

but what if some ppl are uber crazy about forum content and passionately detest bumping?

-cheater

- - - - -
KIRBY - A mascot for the NINTENDO company, recently found out to be a real POKéMON. Related to JIGGLYPUFF.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.