The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » The Courtyard   » Karp Park   » I think I'm gonna cry

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I think I'm gonna cry
MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 10-18-2003 12:14 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Brock and Misty left Ash.
waaaaaah

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
crowN
Farting Nudist
Member # 3415

posted 10-18-2003 12:35 PM      Profile for crowN   Email crowN   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
that show's still on? [Trash Koffing]

- - - - -
http://profiles.myspace.com/users/Krivanka

^___^;;

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 10-18-2003 01:06 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I want to be the very best.
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 10-18-2003 01:39 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MewtwoSama:
Brock and Misty left Ash.
waaaaaah

You obviously haven't seen Advance Generation episodes 9, 44, and 45 [Razz]
MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 10-18-2003 02:31 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gimme your time machine because they havent aired on the WB yet genious
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 10-18-2003 02:53 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Misty wants him.
Ikuse
Farting Nudist
Member # 3037

Member Rated:
posted 10-18-2003 03:32 PM      Profile for Ikuse   Author's Homepage   Email Ikuse   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
so when are they gonna fuck
dAyWaLkEr
Farting Nudist
Member # 3343

Member Rated:
posted 10-18-2003 10:33 PM      Profile for dAyWaLkEr     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
after ash gets a little piece of bestiality (does it count?) from pikachu

- - - - -
absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 10-19-2003 12:02 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm still in a TiVo time warp, but I was surprised to see that the Silver Conference episodes didn't suck. It's kind of annoying, because it just shows to go that it doesn't have to suck 95% of time...they still have the capability to make it not suck...they just don't care enough to do a good job.

Kinda like GSC and R/S, I guess.

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 10-19-2003 01:39 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. K:
I'm still in a TiVo time warp, but I was surprised to see that the Silver Conference episodes didn't suck. It's kind of annoying, because it just shows to go that it doesn't have to suck 95% of time...they still have the capability to make it not suck...they just don't care enough to do a good job.

I thought it was kinda trite that the Silver Conference battles went by so insanely fast... ______ would send out a Pokémon and it would be "unable to battle" after like a mere 30-45 seconds...

Oh and Mewtwosama, as for my "time machine" it's called "Tokyo TV"

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 10-19-2003 01:52 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MewtwoSama:
Gimme your time machine because they havent aired on the WB yet genious

[ 10-19-2003, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: MewtwoSama ]

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 10-19-2003 02:47 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I do believe Sama has been pwned.
veloS
8=D~~O:
Member # 2636

Member Rated:
posted 10-20-2003 11:00 AM      Profile for veloS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

Blasphemer. Have you even played those games? OK, RS wasn't exactly all that, but GSC was [PBJ Time!]

Are you gonna buy Flame Red/Water Blue?

And that wasn't ownage.

End.

- - - - -
www.mightyrhapsody.com

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 10-20-2003 11:55 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sama pwned himself.

I have Silver (which I got half-way thru then got bored) and Gold, which I won, still wrapped in plastic.

Booooooooooooooring.

And, no, I doubt I'll be getting a rehash of Red/Blue unless there's something really cool about it.

Miko
Farting Nudist
Member # 3504

Member Rated:
posted 10-20-2003 12:25 PM      Profile for Miko     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Misty is tired of Ash's stupidity. She wants some of that Brock lovin' [Cool]

- - - - -
Goo goo ka choo

veloS
8=D~~O:
Member # 2636

Member Rated:
posted 10-20-2003 12:55 PM      Profile for veloS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sama pwned himself.

I have Silver (which I got half-way thru then got bored) and Gold, which I won, still wrapped in plastic.

Booooooooooooooring.

And, no, I doubt I'll be getting a rehash of Red/Blue unless there's something really cool about it.

You find Silver more boring than Red? WTF? Also, it made PKMN more balanced, IMHO.

Where did you stop in Silver?

- - - - -
www.mightyrhapsody.com

Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 10-20-2003 01:05 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Could someone please fill me in, though I doubt anyone will, on what has happened in the show so far? The last season to air here in Sweden was the "Johto" season (the one after Orange Islands), which I never really watched.

I know the plot up to about half of orange island, tho I guess Orange Island is basically summed up by "Crew goes to another island, stuff happen, TR blasts off. Repeat ad naseum.". I doubt anything after the first Johto season has even been dubbed to Swedish (meaning it'll never air here).

Which seasons come after Johto? What happens?

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 10-20-2003 05:51 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[spoilers below... bleh...]

quote:
Originally posted by Lark84:
Could someone please fill me in, though I doubt anyone will, on what has happened in the show so far? The last season to air here in Sweden was the "Johto" season (the one after Orange Islands), which I never really watched.

I know the plot up to about half of orange island, tho I guess Orange Island is basically summed up by "Crew goes to another island, stuff happen, TR blasts off. Repeat ad naseum.". I doubt anything after the first Johto season has even been dubbed to Swedish (meaning it'll never air here).

Which seasons come after Johto? What happens?

Johto JUST ended in USA. First of November will be "PoKéMoN Advanced" (known as 'Advanced Generation' in Japan)

Basically here's what happens... spoilers WTF!?

Ash loses the Pokémon Silver Conference Johto League, but managed to beat Gary anyway. Ash decides to leave ALL of his Pokémon at Prof Oak's place except for Pikachu (who he keeps) and Charizard (who goes back to Charific Valley)

Ash then goes to the Hoenn region by boat (by himself, Misty and Brocky have left the show for now)

Ash meets a new girl named Haruka (May in English dub :shudders)

She teams up with him after Pikachu destroies her bike (what are the odds???)

Eventually Brock comes back for good in like around episode 9. Somewhere from eps 44-45 Misty shows up, but probably just for a cameo. I don't think she stays for good... her damn Togepi finally evolves and stays to live with it's fellow Togetic...

[/end spoilers[

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 10-20-2003 07:52 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
veloS: You find Silver more boring than Red?

Once you've played RBY (and maybe more than once if you wanted certain Pokemon), I don't really see how you could make it thru GSC.

It's the same game only with a lot of Pokemon I don't care about.

As for the end of the Silver Conference shows, I just watched them today, and I was disappointed. I thought the first Silver Conference shows were excellent, with a lot of flavor of the old shows, but the last few battles were uninspired copies of other battles and generally paced pretty poorly.

Oh well, at least there were a few good ones.

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 10-20-2003 08:59 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
sigh

I guess I have to spell this out for you.

MK says I havent seen some episodes.

I state they havent aired on the WB. Therefore I have had no chance of seeing them.

MK says he watches it on tokyo tv, which is NOT on the WB.

Mr K would like to say otherwise.

This is the part that makes me cry.

[ 10-20-2003, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: MewtwoSama ]

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 10-20-2003 11:29 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You still have not figured out the problem, genius.
MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 10-21-2003 01:31 AM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
oh [Frown]

[ 10-21-2003, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: MewtwoSama ]

veloS
8=D~~O:
Member # 2636

Member Rated:
posted 10-21-2003 10:00 AM      Profile for veloS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LOL @ Sama and K.

[fanboy]BTW, K, you are right about the extra PKMN, but the quest itself is soooo much cooler. Believe me, I've played Red and Blue like a hundred times, but GSC has a much cooler quest.

OK, the Unown part sucked major ass, but the rest was sooooo cool. Like the excitement I felt, when I first encountered one of them dogs (raikou). Damn, capturing Mewtwo didn't even come close...[/fanboy]

I seriously suggest playing it again. Not R/S, though. They are easy and boring.

- - - - -
www.mightyrhapsody.com

dAyWaLkEr
Farting Nudist
Member # 3343

Member Rated:
posted 10-21-2003 04:35 PM      Profile for dAyWaLkEr     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the worst part of pokemon is that whenever there's this big ass invincible pokemon out flys charizard .. apparently "sensing" his master's need for help.

to make matters worse, in the series he always fucking wins the match with a seismic toss. for sure a 100 BP ST won't kill a damned nidoking or blaziken.

also the silver conference was too short for me. ash got his ass handed to him in a lame ass battle which only turned around when CHARIZARD came in and fucking swept. and we don't even get to see something cool like the finalists duel.

- - - - -

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 10-21-2003 05:35 PM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't see how you expect Seismic Toss to be logical. Not when the anime doesn't follow the game attack-wise. ROCK-Types can't be hit by Electric attacks. OMG PEEKACHO THUDNEERBOLT TEH HORN THE HORN!!!11!11 *Rhydon faints* Ice Beam always freezes, Fire Blast is just a giant Japanese symbol that pushes the target away like a big pulse blast or some shit. Pikachu can beat Raichu with AGILITY and QUICK ATTACK, Wobbuffet can Counter special attacks, etc. etc.

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 10-21-2003 06:30 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, they managed to cough up a reasonable explanation for why Wobbuffet 'Countered' Elemental attacks. It just wasn't listening, and acting on its own.

Of course, they immediately botched it up by declaring Poison as an Elemental attack.

And naturally, Wobbuffet has been completely impotent ever since.

Episode 6 of Advance Generation is hardcore. It DIDN'T use the standard episode formula, for one thing. For another, it had Tyranitar in it. Anyone who doesn't care about Tyranitar is clearly beyond my help.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 10-22-2003 10:45 AM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.E:
Fire Blast is just a giant Japanese symbol that pushes the target away like a big pulse blast or some shit.

Um, E, that's what it looks like in the game, too.

The Japanese name of the attack is "Daimonji."

The kanji that Fire Blast looks like is "Dai."

Again, check the game out. It looks like that too.

dAyWaLkEr
Farting Nudist
Member # 3343

Member Rated:
posted 10-22-2003 04:45 PM      Profile for dAyWaLkEr     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
in chinese that fire blast symbol just means "big", mebbe like a big blast of fire.

in pokemon: forever (the one with celebi), there was a tyranitar. but damn it looked fat as hell, the spikes were all like tiny and misshapen.

also they seem to have fucked with hyper beam, in that you don't see the pokemon get like tired or something after blasting it out, just as a compensation for the 2 turn thing. ursaring, draggy, t-tar just blast'em like spitwads.

also, did anybody laugh at harrison's shitty ass blaziken?
"Blaziken! Quick attack again! This time full power!"
*roofles*

also, uiru, can you try to remember the lame-ass explanation of their Counter in the show? cuz i'd sure like a good laugh

- - - - -

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 10-24-2003 05:37 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Also the episode where they went into Larvitar's mind rocked.
LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 10-24-2003 06:31 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.E:
I don't see how you expect Seismic Toss to be logical. Not when the anime doesn't follow the game attack-wise. ROCK-Types can't be hit by Electric attacks. OMG PEEKACHO THUDNEERBOLT TEH HORN THE HORN!!!11!11 *Rhydon faints* Ice Beam always freezes, Fire Blast is just a giant Japanese symbol that pushes the target away like a big pulse blast or some shit. Pikachu can beat Raichu with AGILITY and QUICK ATTACK, Wobbuffet can Counter special attacks, etc. etc.

You completely miss the fact that Disable is an mass OHKO, whereas Psybeam can be dodged. Even Psychic from Alakazam doesn't do anything near what Confusion/Disable(Whatever they named it) on Psyduck does.

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

Owner of the Power Advantage DBZ RPG
(www.poweradvantage.net)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 10-24-2003 06:43 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, Psybeam is an energy shot.

Attacks like Disable focus directly on the opponent's mind/body, which means its targeting ability works differently than something like Psybeam.

also, did anybody laugh at harrison's shitty ass blaziken?

Blaziken's English voice was kind of goofy sounding. And Harrison's voice reminded me of Jounouchi's dub voice, which is already horrible.

Also the episode where they went into Larvitar's mind rocked.

That's what happened? I missed it and figured from the previews they all dropped acid.

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.