The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » The Courtyard   » Karp Park   » GET DEVO ON TRL!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GET DEVO ON TRL!
NintendoLover
I'm much dumber in actuality than I pretend to be.
Member # 3138

Member Rated:
posted 01-10-2005 09:39 PM      Profile for NintendoLover     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://www.mtv.com/onair/trl/vote/ (PLEASE CUT/PASTE THIS LINK SO AS TO ADD TO THE REALISM OF YOUR VOTE--THAT IS DO NOT JUST CLICK THE LINK CUT AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR ADDRESS BAR)

Go there, scroll past all the top 20 shit, and write in a vote for Whip It by Devo, you can make up the personal information. Vote multiple times if you want to. A large forum is attempting to prank MTV by voting Whip It to the top of the charts, and I'm trying to help spread the word. It'll be an awesome sight if it actually works. Also, if you want to further increase the chances of this actually happening (ON TRL TOMORROW 1-11-04) you can phone in your vote.

Here's the information to phone it in:

Call 1-800-DIAL-MTV (800-342-5688) starting at:
4:30pm - 5:00pm (Eastern)
3:30pm - 4:00pm (Central)
2:30pm - 3:00pm (Mountain)
1:30pm - 2:00pm (Pacific)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contribute to this cause.

- - - - -
I love Nintendo!

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 01-10-2005 11:21 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
remember in the early days of trl and every web community got together and got New Kids on the Block on?
yeah, I didnt care back then either

- - - - -
Hade ni ikuze!

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Boodabonzi
like a virgin
Member # 2958

Member Rated:
posted 01-11-2005 10:12 AM      Profile for Boodabonzi   Email Boodabonzi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did this happen? I got on it on SA but I never held out too much hope.

- - - - -
OK, I know I'm probably not the nicest Pokemon Trainer when it comes to giving advice, and if I get flamed on this, it is probably well deserved. So here goes...

From: Hitchin - biggest little shanty town in all of England | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 01-11-2005 08:41 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They once got something sad, like Hanson back on the air this way... I will however vote for your Whip It song because it is much more deserving than anything they play on MTV these days...

- - - - -
even my mother thinks i'm an idiot

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 01-11-2005 08:48 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok I voted, in the comment box I put:

The above videos to choose from cannot compare with anything like the videos MTV used to play 15 years ago.

Namely Aerosmith, Van Halen, Devo, etc...

Especially when they played them in their entirety and not chop off the ending because it has been "retired..."

- - - - -
even my mother thinks i'm an idiot

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 01-14-2005 05:48 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So, what happened?
From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
NintendoLover
I'm much dumber in actuality than I pretend to be.
Member # 3138

Member Rated:
posted 01-14-2005 09:54 PM      Profile for NintendoLover     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Didn't work out. I think we severely underestimated the power of millions of idiot pop-music fans.

- - - - -
I love Nintendo!

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.