The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » The Courtyard   » Karp Park   » Au revoir Frenchie

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Au revoir Frenchie
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2003 06:52 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
French Fries Renamed

Discuss

Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2003 06:57 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Freedom tastes salty.

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Living on air bubbles
Frank Stallone
Member # 2089

posted 03-11-2003 07:28 PM      Profile for Living on air bubbles   Email Living on air bubbles   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Didn't we call hamburgers "freedom sausages" in WW2?
From: Cherry Hill, Suicide Captial of The World | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ikuse
Farting Nudist
Member # 3037

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2003 08:02 PM      Profile for Ikuse   Author's Homepage   Email Ikuse   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mmm, no. We called sauerkraut "libery cabbage", though.
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2003 08:04 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We called Hamburgers "Salsbury Stake" if my memory serves correctly because of "Hungry" being in it's root or somethin like that...

I think they might have called sourcrought (trust me I don't know how to spell it) liberty cabage...

Takes a war to change the names of foods, isn't that funny...

On a side note, I just got back from the store just now (true story)

Anyway, I saw some French Toast sticks and I was thinking about buying them, buy they said French so I didn't (true story, this article made me decide not to buy them for sure...)

edit: while I was at the store, I noticed that (possibly due to political correctness) many freedom fry products were already just labeled "fries" with no mention of French in em...

[ 03-11-2003, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: MK ]

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2003 08:24 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK:
We called Hamburgers "Salsbury Stake" if my memory serves correctly because of "Hungry" being in it's root or somethin like that...

I think they might have called sourcrought (trust me I don't know how to spell it) liberty cabage...

Takes a war to change the names of foods, isn't that funny...

On a side note, I just got back from the store just now (true story)

Anyway, I saw some French Toast sticks and I was thinking about buying them, buy they said French so I didn't (true story, this article made me decide not to buy them for sure...)

edit: while I was at the store, I noticed that (possibly due to political correctness) many freedom fry products were already just labeled "fries" with no mention of French in em...

ACCURSED ANARCHISTS.
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2003 09:14 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I once Vindicated Paris in a Magic game.

If you want the details, I'll tell you.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2003 11:04 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyway, I saw some French Toast sticks and I was thinking about buying them, buy they said French so I didn't

Good idea. Let's all have a good laugh at the Frenchmen who made those sticks and who, no doubt, had a part to play in the decision that war is bad.

Why can't the French be as unified as our country in support of war?

- - - - -
[insert sig here]

Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2003 11:30 PM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Uiru:
I once Vindicated Paris in a Magic game.

Your opponent had a creature out that was able to change its creature type before the DCI changed the rules to only allow creature types within magic. S/he changed the creature to "Paris" and you threw a vindicate at it somehow.
From: Thornhill, Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2003 11:32 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's like the ruling in Pokémon TCG where Rainbow Energy can only provide energy types within the game itself, you can't make Rainbow Energy provide "snotnose naisal spray" energy...
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2003 11:34 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Like, French Fries aren't French.

All I want to know, is this:

Did Paris regenerate? Cause if not, River Boa's got one up on it, right there.

- - - - -
Subject: Ninja and Opensource

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dweedle
My hands and feet are mangos
Member # 1209

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2003 11:34 PM      Profile for Dweedle   Email Dweedle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My friend's last name is Paris.

- - - - -
the only way to get pass this will be to commit suicune

From: second of all, Quagmire's not really a bad guy! | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-11-2003 11:37 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
S/he

If I catch you at this again, I'll pop you one in the jaw.

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lunair
Farting Nudist
Member # 681

Member Rated:
posted 03-12-2003 12:27 AM      Profile for Lunair     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Freedom Fries." How disgustingly PATRIOTic.

MK: "Anyway, I saw some French Toast sticks and I was thinking about buying them, buy they said French so I didn't (true story, this article made me decide not to buy them for sure...)"
I sincerely hope you're joking, lying, or both here.

- - - - -
"Pulling together is the aim of despotism and tyranny. Free men pull in all kinds of directions." Terry Pratchett, The Truth.

From: United Union of Onions | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 03-12-2003 04:30 AM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, damn those evil frogs who don't want to waste time money and lives in a just and holy crusa... oh.

- - - - -
Gates is the Saddam Hussein of the consumer technology world. ~ Mr.K

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Coxy
Hulkamania has run wild over me.
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
posted 03-12-2003 08:57 AM      Profile for Coxy   Email Coxy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dweedle:
My friend's last name is Paris.

Paris was the first name of Carver's wife in Tomorrow Never Dies, so there!

Q. How many French citizens would it take to successfully defend against an invasion?

A. Who knows? It's never been done before.

- - - - -
I love nintendolover, but only in a strictly platonic sense.

Nirvana
Farting Nudist
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
posted 03-12-2003 11:58 AM      Profile for Nirvana     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Would you like a Bomber Burger with those Freedom Fries?
From: United Kingdom. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 03-12-2003 12:18 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Once again, the US outdumbs itself.
Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 03-12-2003 01:44 PM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MK: Pokémon TCG
You are aware that the PKMN TCG is about as outdated and worthless as pre-Sixth Edition Magic and quite possibly more gay than pr0nbot. Well, maybe that last one is stretching it.

cfalcon: Did Paris regenerate? Cause if not, River Boa's got one up on it, right there.
River Boa kicks ass. Nothing, barring maybe a Spiritmonger and that craptacular Morphling is better than it. OK, well, mebbe Tog, but only because I've started to use his underpowered deck recently and I've noticed how broken he is. And Masticore. Well, you get the point.

If I catch you at this again, I'll pop you one in the jaw.
Yeah, political correctness is a load of crap. Be that as it may, I didn't want to make any presumptions as to the sex of his friend because I bloody hate being corrected when I assume wrongly.

Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 03-12-2003 02:47 PM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is there now a 'Freedom Quarter' in New Orleans?
From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 03-12-2003 03:49 PM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Psybro so wins this thread now.
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 03-12-2003 05:47 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good guess on the Paris creature type, but it's not it. (It's a TimeCave specific thing... I wasn't actually expecting any replies to that. ^_^;)

Ron, the only heterosexual man in the universe who is allowed to wear as much pink as he does, has created the Pink color, and a Pink deck to go with it- loosely based on anime & Final Fantasy characters. It's more or less balanced and really, really funny to watch.

Anyway, one of the lands is Paris, which has '(T): each player may discard their hand and draw that many cards minus 1'. I Vindicated it because I thought it would be funny. It was.

Basically, battling the Pink deck means going up against the likes of He-Man, Superman, Trog Dor, Bahamut, Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, as well as Rainbow Bright and Pink Puff. You may also experience the System Crash, an instant with 'Put a copy of this spell on the stack', and Futility Charm. For 0, you can choose between removing target Camel's Rampage until end of turn, untapping target attacking Legendary Wall you control and removing it from combat, or preventing all damage from white instants and sorceries to target opponent. Rhystic Christmas causes each player to give a nonland permanent to the player on their left. Swords to Piglets removes target creature from the game, giving that creature's controller a number of 0/1 Black Piglet tokens equal to that creature's power. 404 counters target spell and can be flashed back. Then there's Reality Wave, removing target proxied or non-tournament legal card and can be copied by the target for free. And everyone's favorite, The Cat- if it's in the graveyard or removed from the game, it comes back during your upkeep.

Tangent? What's that?
~Uiru

[ 03-12-2003, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Uiru ]

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.