The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » PokeRus for Felines

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PokeRus for Felines
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 09-05-2003 05:44 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It occurs to me that in the nearly three years I've been playing GSC, I've never once caught the PokeRus.

• I know the chance of catching it is 3 in 65536. Can you catch it from trainer battles (like the Viridian Trainer House) or only from wild battles?
  • Nurse Joy will tell you your Pokemon has it if you heal them at a Pokemon Centre, but does that get rid of the PokeRus?
  • Are the PokeRus and "immune to PokeRus" status indicated by Stadium 2's "List" view in Prof. Oak's Lab? It occurs to me that I might have caught the PokeRus and never realized it.

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 09-06-2003 12:02 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It persists until the end of the fourth day regardless of healing. I think you have to defeat (not run from) a wild Pokemon to potentially catch it.

- - - - -
[insert sig here]

DigitalCrash27
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3584

Rate Member
posted 12-19-2003 08:32 PM      Profile for DigitalCrash27     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
It occurs to me that in the nearly three years I've been playing GSC, I've never once caught the PokeRus.

• I know the chance of catching it is 3 in 65536. Can you catch it from trainer battles (like the Viridian Trainer House) or only from wild battles?
  • Nurse Joy will tell you your Pokemon has it if you heal them at a Pokemon Centre, but does that get rid of the PokeRus?
  • Are the PokeRus and "immune to PokeRus" status indicated by Stadium 2's "List" view in Prof. Oak's Lab? It occurs to me that I might have caught the PokeRus and never realized it.

There's also more, I once caught the pokerus when I had only my 3rd badge, but when I put the pokemon with the pokerus in the box they never seemed to get healed from it. I still have it and that was like this March I kept all this time because it's rare. Also when you put the pokemon in the box the pokeRus does not spread to the pokemon in the box, it only infects the pokemon in the party. When I caught it it was from a wild snubull that I beat when I was training tyrogue and togetic, so I'm not sure if you can get from a trainer but I doubt it. I don't have nintendo so I can't solve the 3rd question. Like Rolken said it can't be healed by nurse joy.
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 12-19-2003 10:15 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you put a pkmn with pkrus in a box, atleast in GSC, it will NEVER heal as long as it's in the box. You can then take that pkmn out from time to time, put it in your party, and hope it spreads, then put back in box...

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.