The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » English Crystal Spiel

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: English Crystal Spiel
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2001 02:14 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got this information off the Nintendo Pokémon Website. I am a little sad due to the fact that on pokemon.com they said, for a while atleast, crystal would have a new pokemon in it, they obviously meant celebi, but now, no mention of it on their pokemoncrystal.com site, so, those bastards @ nintendo may have done it to us again. But for those who want some info like Characters names in Crystal, etc.. keep reading...

Although this unique companion to Pokémon Gold and Silver shares many of the exciting adventures and challenges of its predecessors, a host of new changes, both big and small, add up to a brand-new experience. Here are a few of the big changes you'll find in Pokémon Crystal.

For the first time, you can play as a boy or a girl aspiring to Pokémon mastery. Each comes with a distinctive Poké Pack and PokéGear and even receives different phone calls.

If you're an experienced player, you'll be eager to strike out for the all-new Battle Tower, just down the coast from Olivine City. Here you can take on waves of Pokémon Trainers, each with teams of Pokémon set at specific levels. Defeat several consecutive trainers to win a valuable item.

In the Tin Tower, just north of Ecruteak City, you'll encounter a group of elders standing sentinel over a Suicune. Trounce the trio for a rare chance to capture the very rare Pokémon and meet Eusine, an elusive Trainer with a most unusual interest in Suicune.

Your knowledge of Pokémon is put to the test in Blackthorn City, where Gym Leader Clair sends you into the Dragon's Den to take the Trainer Challenge.

And, deep beneath the Ruins of Alph, lie secret rooms that have been unseen for ages. Can you unlock the code and solve the great mystery of the Unown?

Locations and frequencies of wild Pokémon have changed greatly from Gold and Silver. You'll also notice subtle changes in level-up abilities of Suicune, Sneasel, Eevee and other Pokémon.

Most of the phone conversations in Pokémon Crystal are new. If you register another Trainer's phone number, they just might call and offer you a rare stone.

As the first Game Boy Color-only Pokémon adventure, Pokémon Crystal has many cool graphical enhancements. Most notably, every Pokémon struts its stuff in an animated intro. And some areas show more color and detail than the same area in Pokémon Gold and Silver.

On your first visit to the Daycare, the old man will give you the Odd Egg. Tote it around to see what hatches!

Different Pokémon are available at the Goldenrod City and Celadon City Game Centers. The Goldenrod City Department Store has an all-new rooftop marketplace that keeps sporadic hours.

Familiar sequences, such as rousing Sudowoodo with the Squirtbottle, have been subtly altered.

Trainers will offer different Pokémon in trades.

New radio personality Buena hosts a show that gives you the chance to collect great items ­ but you'll have to drop by the Radio Tower nightly.

Other new characters include the Poké Seer, who can tell you where and when you obtained a Pokémon in Crystal Version and how happy it is, and the Move Tutor, who appears outside the Game Corner in Goldenrod City after you've squared off against Red in Mt. Silver. The Move Tutor can teach very cool abilities, but charges a very steep price!

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2001 02:55 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wrong forum.. but ummm.. thanks anyway.

------------------
"Hi... i'm new here. Please don't flame me."
-PuNkCHU

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2001 10:46 AM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am a little sad due to the fact that on pokemon.com they said, for a while atleast, crystal would have a new pokemon in it, they obviously meant celebi, but now, no mention of it on their pokemoncrystal.com site, so, those bastards @ nintendo may have done it to us again.

They never did anything to us in the first place.

------------------
!

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2001 07:09 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know what I say may sound untrue, but it was. Pokemon.com for a while had a thing talking about Crystal (could have been a month or two ago) and they said it had a new pokémon in it, obviously Celebi. I tried to search the site to find it again, but I couldn't. I am not mistaking, it was there, I'm 100% sure of it. Maybe they changed their minds and deleted that page. The prob is I am sometimes big on saving html and pics from websites, if I only saved that page on my harddrive, which I might have, but if I did, that doesn't mean I'll ever find it again, but, if I do, I'll upload it or something.

-MK

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.