The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Oye...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oye...
kikered
Farting Nudist
Member # 830

Member Rated:
posted 03-03-2001 11:26 AM      Profile for kikered   Email kikered   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Theoretical situation:

Your G/S game has restarted and you are in a "League" of Pokémon trainers. Is it okay to utilze a GameShark to regain all of your lost Pokés? They wouldn't have max-stats/genes and you are only allowed to Shark Pokés that you had (Level 100 wise) before the incident. Everyone knows as well as I do that you cannot train a team of GOOD level 100s within three weeks without R/B/Y.

That is all. Discuss.

------------------
"Standards my arse!"
-Me

AIM: kikered

Nirvana
Farting Nudist
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
posted 03-03-2001 02:04 PM      Profile for Nirvana     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Doesn't cheating infect other trainers carts when you fight them? How did you game erase anyway?

------------------
-ÑïrVÄn@

From: United Kingdom. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
kikered
Farting Nudist
Member # 830

Member Rated:
posted 03-03-2001 08:44 PM      Profile for kikered   Email kikered   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I never stated that it was my game. It was just turned on one day and it was gone.

------------------
"Standards my arse!"
-Me

DragoniteJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 815

Member Rated:
posted 03-03-2001 08:55 PM      Profile for DragoniteJ   Author's Homepage   Email DragoniteJ   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Same thing happened to my game. It took like 2 full Saturdays and a week of late nights to get most of it back, but I gave a friend clones of many of my good ones so I just recloned them and traded one back. You should do the same just in case it happens again.

------------------
Please visit my website at http://www.geocities.com/dragonitej/main.html
team is aswam granbul,donphan,togipe&farlagater all lv:100" - newbie

abz1986
Farting Nudist
Member # 150

Member Rated:
posted 03-03-2001 10:04 PM      Profile for abz1986   Author's Homepage   Email abz1986   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Of course its ok... no one has to know...

------------------
Just give me a bottle of whiskey and some C-4 and I'll get real creative!

From: Overland Park, KS, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Yavarice
Farting Nudist
Member # 420

Member Rated:
posted 03-03-2001 10:06 PM      Profile for Yavarice   Author's Homepage   Email Yavarice   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cheating is right only when you don't get caught.

------------------
"Hoot!" - Hedwig

MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 03-04-2001 01:18 AM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
20 bux + tax nets you a mega memory card.
Plug Plug.

------------------
Being proud of Ass bombs or Goat masturbation is no different than being proud of being Fanha's buttbuddy.

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 03-04-2001 01:27 AM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MewtwoSama:
20 bux + tax nets you a mega memory card.
Plug Plug.

Which has also been known to erase your game.

------------------
"The Devil has no inner child. It's sad really" - Lewis, The Drew Carey Show

"We are not crazy! Stop staring, or we will kill you all!" Jack Malloy, Unhappily Ever After

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 03-04-2001 03:59 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Which is why I always keep an extra backup (i.e. don't erase the old backup before you make the new one). I also backup quite frequently, so if the MegaMem does erase my game, I haven't lost much.

------------------
"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."
"I did not have any involvement in the pardons."
-- Bill & Hillary Clinton

Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 03-04-2001 11:43 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't see anything wrong with sharking your game back from the dead. Its no different then using a megamem card to backup your game. As long as you don't shark your pokemon's DV's or give illegal moves I say shark away.

------------------
If there is true evil in this world, it lies in the heart of Mankind...
-Opening quote in Tales of Phantasia
Woohoo! The english patch is out for the rom! Get it at
http://www.zsnes.com/dejap

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 03-05-2001 08:31 AM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sigh. Once again, Hale's guide to GS ethics:

Shark. As long as it doesn't affect your final outcome in multiplayer or Stadium.

In more specific terms, shark everything with the exception of impossible stats, impossible moves, and impossible anything else. If it can be achieved in the game, it can be done with a gameshark. Ethically. Not legally, but ethically.

------------------
"And all this coming from a guy who dropped physics... twice." - Yavarice

Hah!

From: Thornhill, Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
kikered
Farting Nudist
Member # 830

Member Rated:
posted 03-05-2001 07:39 PM      Profile for kikered   Email kikered   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I need a bit more input from the OP League... *hint*hint*

------------------
"Standards my arse!"
-Me

Biffster
Farting Nudist
Member # 269

Member Rated:
posted 03-05-2001 08:03 PM      Profile for Biffster     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gamesharking is absolutely cheating in any form. I am ashamed of all of you.

------------------
Lugia Storm Z: I made the 1337 d00dz. We got ET, Deranged, Charmeleon411, Silver Denryuu, and Darryn.
BiffsterPKMN: Well, We have Boardwalk and Park Place.
BiffsterPKMN: This was just a Joke. I can't wait to see how many people fall for this.

[This message has been edited by Biffster (edited 03-05-2001).]

From: Viridian City (On the road at least) | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 03-05-2001 09:23 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sharking is wrong, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's what caused you to get deleteed in the first place.

------------------
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2001 08:11 AM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Shut up Atma. You too Biffster. Lousy non-conformists.

One more thing to take into consideration, if you will be sharking pokémon - if they'll be at level 100 with kickass moves and your game time is only at, say, 1 hour, then you might want to shark your time to the max. That and finish the RPG element of the game.

------------------
"And all this coming from a guy who dropped physics... twice." - Yavarice

Hah!

From: Thornhill, Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
kikered
Farting Nudist
Member # 830

Member Rated:
posted 03-06-2001 08:54 AM      Profile for kikered   Email kikered   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sharking is not how it got erased. The theoretical situation calls for not owning a GameShark. If you don't have one and you are allowed to use one, then you'd still have to trick a friend...

------------------
"Standards my arse!"
-Me

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.