The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » [ATTN: All Pro-Mewtwo People]

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: [ATTN: All Pro-Mewtwo People]
Scyther7164
Farting Nudist
Member # 382

Rate Member
posted 06-22-2000 12:05 PM      Profile for Scyther7164     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm getting confused here as to who is a Mewtwo/Mew supporter.

I'm a Mewtwo supporter, just not a Mew supporter. Frankly, I think Mew sucks.

My question is: Who here is a Mewtwo and/or Mew supporter

------------------
"Peppy! Long Time No See." -Pigma Dengar from Star Fox 64

Click the link to hear it. (.wav format)

ICQ - 77029628
E-Mail - scyther7164@yahoo.com

Biffster
Farting Nudist
Member # 269

Member Rated:
posted 06-22-2000 02:45 PM      Profile for Biffster     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That Peppy thing is funny!

I dont like mewtwo, but mew is ok.

------------------
"I finally figured out how to slow that mo-fo down."
Me while using the fly by wire rocket in Perfect Dark.

AIM: BiffsterPKMN
Some fuck-a-luck took Biffster

From: Viridian City (On the road at least) | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Starshelle
Farting Nudist
Member # 567

Rate Member
posted 06-22-2000 02:55 PM      Profile for Starshelle   Email Starshelle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Interesting, you say Mew sucks but he's he second most powerful Psychic pokemon you can get. He even beats Mewtwo in Defense and since he can learn any TM and HM this makes him extra unpredictable. In the hands of the right trainer almost any pokemon can become a formiable enemy.

I really dislike Mewtwo, but if people want to use him fine. With a bit of luck, and careful planning he CAN be beat! I don't understand why some people are making such a big deal over this. Besides, in the Gold and Silver Psychics won't have such a great advantage anyway at least from what I've heard! :::hopes rumors are true <G>:::

------------------

[This message has been edited by Starshelle (edited 06-22-2000).]

From: Kansas (U.S.) | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 06-22-2000 03:38 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Whoa! Starshelle, you're from Kansas too? That makes me, Biffster, StarCaliber, MiniJoe, Scyther, the other 6 in our league, abz1987, and YOU! Wow, a lot of trainers for such a state as Kansas.

I support the use of Mewtwo and Mew, but just barely. I could care less unless you ask me for my actual opinion.

------------------
"It's a revolving door of Pokémon!"

TeeJay
AIM: daBIGTom
e-mail: dabigtom@yahoo.com

From: Overland Park, Kansas, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Scorch
Farting Nudist
Member # 532

Rate Member
posted 06-22-2000 04:00 PM      Profile for Scorch   Author's Homepage   Email Scorch   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I PLEAD THE 5TH

------------------
-Scorch

ODDISH used DIVINE INTERVENTION!
JIGGLYPUFF vanished from existence!

From: Saint Louis, MO | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 06-23-2000 04:10 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Well, my opinions go like this:

(1) Mewtwo is designed to be the best monster. That they didn't give him the best stats in every category is commendable.

(2) Free for all is made to be fought with six Mewtwos. This is like how the ideal magic deck is nothing but black lotuses, channels, fireballs, and mountains. This is why there are rules prohibiting this, notably...

(3) Prime cup is meant to be fought with any monster. Mewtwo and Mew should be on most teams, unless you have something special in mind. The only other time you shouldn't use them is if you have a gentleman's agreement with the other player (a league that proscibes his use, for instance). Otherwise, there is nothing at all cheap or lame about him: he is a winning strategy. I use him constantly in prime cup.

(4) But thankfully Nintendo realized that in a game with 151 monsters, the fact that 1 of them is better is thought of as lame by many (myself included). This is why evil is supereffective against psychic in gold and silver, bug has a real attack, and steel resits psychic. This is also why there are other cups, designed specifically to exclude Mewtwo and Mew. Notably the...

(5) Pokécup comes to mind. This also adds strategy based on level selection. Players should note that a fully trained L50 Rapidash using Flamethrower against a fully trained L50 Blastoise will cause the life bar on the Blastoise to deplete by the same percentage as if they were both L100. The only difference at L50 is that Sonicboom and Dragon Rage are twice as effective (and are horrible at this level as well). The legendary birds also lack one move apiece.

That pretty much sums up my opinion. I'll play without Mewtwo, but my default mode is with. He takes a lot of the variance out of the game, and makes it very different (in my *opinion*, less of a game).

Basically I play to win, but I wish that the game were designed for their to be several ways of doing that.

comments?

-cfalcon

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Power Soul Rebirth
Farting Nudist
Member # 365

Member Rated:
posted 06-23-2000 05:00 AM      Profile for Power Soul Rebirth   Email Power Soul Rebirth   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am slightly anti-Mewtwo. I believe that he is hideously unbalanced, but since he exists, I use one.

I would happily do without, mind you. At least his sp.def got destroyed in G/S...

------------------
All your base are belong to us. You are on the way to destruction.

Enter Your Name Here
Farting Nudist
Member # 57

Member Rated:
posted 06-23-2000 11:30 AM      Profile for Enter Your Name Here   Email Enter Your Name Here   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cfalcon:
The legendary birds also lack one move apiece.

Moltres can make up Sky Attack via TM.

Otherwise, very well said! I'm glad someone agrees with me that the people who don't like Mewtwo should play Poke Cup.

------------------
--EYNH

"AZURIAN defeated RPGAMER!"

Ryuujin
Farting Nudist
Member # 572

Member Rated:
posted 06-24-2000 05:06 PM      Profile for Ryuujin   Author's Homepage   Email Ryuujin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is a point I would like people to look at carefully and think about:

Cloyster has the highest defence in the game - he can withdraw but it isn't too effective at raising his defence - it is also very weak to electric attacks

Dragonite has the highest attack - he can't learn swords dance so he isn't over-chargable with his high stats - he also has a massive weak spot for Ice

Electrode has the highest speed - but high other stats are quite lowe and it can't learn agility (I don't think) so his stats can't be over-charged either - he also has major problems against ground and rock types

Mewtwo has the highest special - but he can learn amnesia so his stats can be super-charged - not only that but he gets other supporting moves like recover - and finally to add insult injury it only weak against bugs... which don't do any damage worth noting - his general stast are very high (he is equaly as fast as aerodatyl - which flies at great speeds!).

Now you say there is bound to be one Pokemon stronger than the rest - but saying Mewtwo is stronger than most pokemon is like saying Mike Tyson is a little tougher than Weedy Joe the computer nerd at the end of the street - he is the behemoth of Pokemon - his stats and movesets far surpass most Pokemon (although Mew can learn anything)

------------------
------------------
ICQ# 70919600
Member of MeWtWo SuX
Member of Anti-Evilchu
God of Dragon Pokemon
Slayer of Bulbasaurs, Clefable, Onixs and Evilchus...
§
Formerly Cpt Carnage... Ryuujin better suits me (If you can understand Japanese that is)

From: Depths of hell (South West England) | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Gyarados Rage
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 497

Rate Member
posted 06-24-2000 06:29 PM      Profile for Gyarados Rage   Author's Homepage   Email Gyarados Rage   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm against Mewtwo, you can all read my posts about him, but not so against Mew. I like Mew actually. Not cheap, but strong. And the fact that he can be beaten and his stats still are not the best, just above average. And Mew is also hard to get. I have one on my team, actually. But I got it from a tourney (two actually) and I do not condone the use of Gameshark for seedy reasons.

------------------
[B]Project: Metronome

Where clever phrases worded are not properly!

From: The Magical World of Digimon | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 06-26-2000 06:36 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for nicely summing it all up, cfalcon.

It's nice to see that some people can understand both that Mewtwo is cheap (or "unbalanced"), but that playing with or without him are both valid styles of play.

I don't wish death upon all those who play to win, but I understand that many people would prefer not to play with him.

The only thing that drives me crazy is when people claim that Mewtwo is not cheap (or "overpowered" or whatever), because that is very clearly the case, and it's this way by design.

------------------
KOFFING!
Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
GamrGuy
unregistered

posted 07-05-2000 10:32 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Um, ah...what cfalcon said. Well put. I usually fight with Mewtwo now, but can I do fine without. Mew is a plain swiftdancer on my team, and if anyone bitches about it, I find someone else to fight.

------------------
Gåm®Gû¥
My site:Pokémon Gamer
AIM: PKMNGamr

yeah...stupid bellsprout

IP: Logged
Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 07-05-2000 10:53 PM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Once again, haven't we beaten this subject into the ground?

I present to you the unbeatable Mewtwo.
Barrier
Amnesia
Rest
Psychic

Not necessarily unbeatable, but hard to beat, nonetheless, barring all critical hits.

I recently added to a database I made that has all 151 Pokémon with their max stats, as taken from the Skill/Stat finder. Mewtwo's max stats are yours to discriminate if they are cheap or not.
HP - 415 Rank 7
Attack - 318 Rank 10
Defense - 278 Rank 31
Speed - 358 Rank 2
Special - 406 Rank 1
Total - 1775 Rank 1
That's just the numbers. There are more, but I'm too lazy to write them.

Back to the original question, however, I will use Mewtwo and Mew under fair and agreed-upon conditions. In stadium's one-player mode vs the computer, anything is allowed.

------------------
Homer : "You don't know what its like, I'm the one out there everyday putting his ass on the line, and I'm not out of order! You're out of order! The whole freakin' system is out of order! You want the Truth? You want the TRUTH?! YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! Because when you reach over and put your hand into a pile of goo, that was your best friend's face, you don't know what to do! FORGET IT MARGE! ITS CHINATOWN!"

From: Thornhill, Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Netbrian
Farting Nudist
Member # 482

Member Rated:
posted 07-06-2000 02:02 PM      Profile for Netbrian   Author's Homepage   Email Netbrian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In my opinion, MewTwo is cheap. For most cases, I'll try to convince my opponenet not to use one, but if they must, or it is a tournament enviroment, I will judge their skill, and may or may not put him in my lineup. If they seem like they know what their doing, and have a nasty moveset for MewTwo, I'll have to use him myself.

I don't care about Mew, he isn't really cheap. Just balanced.

------------------

From: Gresham, Oregon, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Scyther7164
Farting Nudist
Member # 382

Rate Member
posted 07-06-2000 02:58 PM      Profile for Scyther7164     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mick_Hale:
I present to you the unbeatable Mewtwo.
Barrier
Amnesia
Rest
Psychic

Sounds like a piece of crap.

------------------
"Mew." -Mew

ICQ - 77029628
E-Mail - scyther7164@yahoo.com

MasterMew2
unregistered

posted 07-19-2000 11:27 AM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mewtwo Rules
Mewtwo Rules
Mewtwo Rules
Mewtwo Rules
Psycho Monkey is a JERK
Mewtwo Rules
Mewtwo Rules
Mewtwo Rules
Mewtwo Rules
Mewtwo Rules
SHUTUP PSYCHO MONKEY
Mewtwo Rules
Mewtwo Rules
Mewtwo Rules

------------------
MasterMew2

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.