The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » The Snaky Gits (my team) upgraded

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Snaky Gits (my team) upgraded
Draco the spirit dragon
Farting Nudist
Member # 2900

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2002 03:58 PM      Profile for Draco the spirit dragon   Email Draco the spirit dragon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
after a bit of thinking and reading replys tto my last post i made a few changers... (* mean untested)

*Prince m(Umbreon)
leftovers

toxic
confuse ray
mean look
rest/roar

my starter and genral git of a poke. rest would be a nice move becuse of his shear hardness and heal stasts changers. but i need a roarer

Terror f(Gengar)
brightpowder

hpnotist
dream eater
mean look
thunderbolt

she messers them up bad. also my tank and water slayer (shes killed a lot of blastoises)

Extreme m(arcanine)
brightpowder?

flametrower
curse*
extreme speed
iron tail*

might give him roar, but were? trying out a radical new set with this guy.

Gorkamorka (Nidoking)
scope lense*

earthquake
counter
ice beam
rock slide

his work load increased since I've dropped Abadon (too much water and ground weakness in my team) still an slayer poke.

Sky f(Dragonite)
leftovers*

wing attack
zap cannon
attract
surf*

I leave her till late and give my oppoment a big shock! (hopefully there ice attacks will be down by then...)

Shamen (Slowbro)
leftovers

shadowball
ice beam*
curse
amnessia

who needs Snorlax!

anybody know a free unzipper that works with the files off netbattle? (or another good PBS?)

- - - - -
always expect the unexpected!

I've desidered since I can't get my Nidoking Gorkamorka into R/S he's be killed and reincarnated as a Metagross.

The Muffin King
Farting Nudist
Member # 2240

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2002 04:48 PM      Profile for The Muffin King   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Please, LEARN THE FUCK HOW TO SPELL! JESUS FUCKING CHRIST! YOU DON'T EVEN USE BIG WORDS, IS IT THAT HARD TO OPEN UP WORD AND CHECK YOUR SPELLING? GODDAMN. One or two errors is ok, but this is ridiculous.

As for your team, it needs a lot of work. Umbreon and Arcanine are your two best sets, so they only need a little work. Your Dragonite and Gengar are mess though.

[ 08-05-2002, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: The Muffin King ]

SpunkDawg4-Life
Farting Nudist
Member # 2903

posted 08-05-2002 05:14 PM      Profile for SpunkDawg4-Life   Author's Homepage   Email SpunkDawg4-Life   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*Prince m(Umbreon)
leftovers

toxic
confuse ray
mean look
rest/roar

my starter and genral git of a poke. rest would be a nice move becuse of his shear hardness and heal stasts changers. but i need a roarer

Go with rest.

Terror f(Gengar)
brightpowder

hpnotist
dream eater
mean look
thunderbolt

she messers them up bad. also my tank and water slayer (shes killed a lot of blastoises)

Ahhhh!!!!...where's destiny bond? er-hem....hypnosis on gengar is like tackle on shuckle...get rid of hypnosis and dream-eater for destiny bond and psychic

Extreme m(arcanine)
brightpowder?

flametrower
curse*
extreme speed
iron tail*

Irontail eh [Big Grin] ...if you want roar drop it.

Gorkamorka (Nidoking)
scope lense*

earthquake
counter
ice beam
rock slide

his work load increased since I've dropped Abadon (too much water and ground weakness in my team) still an slayer poke.

good

Sky f(Dragonite)
leftovers*

wing attack
zap cannon
attract
surf*

I leave her till late and give my oppoment a big shock! (hopefully there ice attacks will be down by then...)

Zap cannon on draggy? use t-wave instead...or possibly haze.

Shamen (Slowbro)
leftovers

shadowball
ice beam*
curse
amnessia

who needs Snorlax!

good i guess...i'm a little iffy about this since you have no water moves.

standard team...needs work though...6/10

- - - - -

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2002 05:20 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*Prince m(Umbreon) @leftovers
toxic
confuse ray
mean look
rest/roar

If you're using him as a Toxic-trapper then he needs some kind of Recover, so definately Rest in the final slot.

Terror f(Gengar) @brightpowder
hypnosis
dream eater
mean look
thunderbolt

I really don't see using her like this, especially relying on a move like Hypnosis... Gengar's got too many other good uses to waste like this. If you want a Dream Eater then there're much better choices, Jynx for example.

Extreme m(arcanine) @brightpowder?
flamethrower
curse*
extreme speed
iron tail*

Replace the completely useless Iron Tail with Roar.

Gorkamorka (Nidoking) @scope lense*
earthquake
counter
ice beam
rock slide

This looks fine...

Sky f(Dragonite) @leftovers*
wing attack
zap cannon
attract
surf*

Ummmm... Zap Cannon? If you want a Paratractor just give her T-Wave. Generally, with Wing Attack on Draggy I'd attach Sharp Beak for Champ killing. This seems a little thrown-together, especially considering all that Draggy's capable of, but whatever...

Shamen (Slowbro) @leftovers
shadowball
ice beam*
curse
amnesia

Two seperate boost moves and no recover, and nothing to take advantage of the Attack boost given by Curse? Sorry, but I don't see this strategy working at all...

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Muffin King
Farting Nudist
Member # 2240

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2002 05:26 PM      Profile for The Muffin King   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, aren't Ghost attacks based on Attack, and not special?
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2002 05:39 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Muffin King:
Actually, aren't Ghost attacks based on Attack, and not special?

Erm... good point. Well, that said, two boosters and no recover still won't work.
The Muffin King
Farting Nudist
Member # 2240

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2002 05:46 PM      Profile for The Muffin King   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's true, but which should go? Amnesia or Curse? And Slowking is always an option...
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2002 08:41 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*Prince m(Umbreon)
leftovers

toxic
confuse ray
mean look
rest/roar

Nice if you're up against newbies, but I can't see this moveset working against anyone pro. If you need a Roarer, I'd take Skarm, or if you wanted something a little similar try Suicune (everyone else likes it, though personally I've never seen Suicune do anything but die).

Terror f(Gengar)
brightpowder

hpnotist
dream eater
mean look
thunderbolt

killed a lot of blastoises

Speaks for itself, I guess.

I wouldn't use this set. Almost everyone switches as soon as they get Hypnotised, and with a moveset as limited as this that's the last thing you want them to do.

Extreme m(arcanine)
brightpowder?

flametrower
curse*
extreme speed
iron tail*

Fair enough, drop him for Moltres once you get sick of him dying.

Gorkamorka (Nidoking)
scope lense*

earthquake
counter
ice beam
rock slide

Blah. Another Poke I wouldn't bring within ten feet of a serious match..why not use Snorlax or Marowak for this role instead? You also said you wanted a Roarer, maybe Donphan should replace him?

Gorkamorka
Gorkamorka
Gorkamorka

I'm a Necromunda man myself..My friends stopped playing Gorkamorka with me b/c I acted like a cowardly Gretchin (running in, grabbing money, running out) until I got enough teef to raise hell.

Sky f(Dragonite)
leftovers*

wing attack
zap cannon
attract
surf*

lol I hate people using mad luck and Zap Cannon. How about putting Haze in there, over Attract perhaps as Dragonite's more of a hit-and-run Poke IMHO.

Shamen (Slowbro)
leftovers

shadowball
ice beam*
curse
amnessia

who needs Snorlax!

At least put on Surf over Ice Beam to make him useful for something.

No recovery, poor defense, poor counterdef, easily avoidable combos, no straight-out strong attacks (with the possible exception of Dragonite's Wing Attack) and not enough powering up to make them worthwhile. This team's experimental, and I like that, but I honestly can't see it working. There's nothing wrong with using a few standards if it means that you're viable.

- - - - -
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jetblackvalias

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Draco the spirit dragon
Farting Nudist
Member # 2900

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2002 03:18 PM      Profile for Draco the spirit dragon   Email Draco the spirit dragon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mr M K thank you for rather aggresive point on my spelling, its just spelling is one of my worst subjects and i can't be bothered to spell check at 8 o'clock at night.

Prince- rest is going on!

Terror- Jynix can't use thunderbolt and has not got a a type as useful as gengar. anyway with her move set...

hypnotist!
they switch
mean look!
hypnotist!

switch if you want! and i don't like desteny bond i rather get sevral ko sometimes than 1 all the time. (i play orks in 40k and orcs in wharhammer so gonk will understand my gamberlers logic, cue night gobo fanatic!)

Extreme- he's getting roar over iron tail, and by the way i don't use lengdearys normaly.

Gorkamorka- (i'm a morker and scavy player!) slays t-tar, char, ho-oh, dragy and champ. anyway marowaks sp defence and speed are too low for my liking. plus i'm a nido nut so he's staying.

Sky- attract then watch them switch to a ice capable water pokemon ZAP!!! it kind of funny to watch! and if the don't switch. para-attract time.

Shamen- with max out defence and special defence, leftover keep him alive. ice beam for dragy. who needs a stab move when you attack is 999 thanks to curse? SHADOWBALL!!!!!!!

thank for the reviews (well except for Mr Muffen "I'm an english teacher" King. one thing my iteM selection any ideas?

- - - - -

I've desidered since I can't get my Nidoking Gorkamorka into R/S he's be killed and reincarnated as a Metagross.

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2002 07:23 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Draco the spirit dragon:
i can't be bothered to spell check at 8 o'clock at night.

On past your bed time AGAIN?

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2002 07:53 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hypnotist!
they switch
mean look!
hypnotist!

switch if you want!

That's a nice way to instantly disqualify yourself for breaking Sleep Clause.

Extreme- he's getting roar over iron tail, and by the way i don't use lengdearys normaly.

Moltres is hardly a Legendary.

Gorkamorka- (i'm a morker and scavy player!) slays t-tar, char, ho-oh, dragy and champ. anyway marowaks sp defence and speed are too low for my liking. plus i'm a nido nut so he's staying.

..your losee, not mine. I don't take my favuorites into competition b/c I doubt that my L100 Oddish could front up against anything.

Sky- attract then watch them switch to a ice capable water pokemon ZAP!!! it kind of funny to watch! and if the don't switch. para-attract time.

You're relying on Zap Cannon..

Shamen- with max out defence and special defence, leftover keep him alive. ice beam for dragy. who needs a stab move when you attack is 999 thanks to curse? SHADOWBALL!!!!!!!

Relying on getting to max Special Defense without any sort of recovery is like relying on Protect to kick in ten times successively.

- - - - -

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2002 07:59 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mr M K thank you for rather aggresive point on my spelling, its just spelling is one of my worst subjects and i can't be bothered to spell check at 8 o'clock at night.

Yes. At 8 o'clock. Ok. Anyway, considering you're asking others to help you, perhaps you could be a bit more considerate of them and put at least a little effort into legibility... it's almost painful trying to wade through this post.

Terror- Jynix can't use thunderbolt and has not got a a type as useful as gengar. anyway with her move set...

hypnotist!
they switch
mean look!
hypnotist!

Auto-loss, Sleep Clause is pretty much standard...

switch if you want! and i don't like desteny bond i rather get sevral ko sometimes than 1 all the time. (i play orks in 40k and orcs in wharhammer so gonk will understand my gamberlers logic, cue night gobo fanatic!)

Fine.. whatever.. I've got no clue what any of that meant.

Ok, but most people consider having 1 non-00ber to be perfectly fine...

Considering most people expect Thunderbolt on him, Zap Cannon (most likely missing) will be nothing but a pleasant surprise. You're counting on a move that only works on some opponents (attract) and a move that only works half the time period (Zap)? "Gamberlers logic" or not, you're just setting yourself up for an Ice Beam up your unprotected ass...

You've completely discounted the 9 turns it takes to max out your defenses...

thank for the reviews (well except for Mr Muffen "I'm an english teacher" King. one thing my iteM selection any ideas?

Blech, just put Leftovers on everything...

Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2002 11:07 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
(i play orks in 40k and orcs in wharhammer so gonk will understand my gamberlers logic, cue night gobo fanatic!)

There's a difference though. Fanatics fuck shit up if you're lucky, whereas that same amount of luck applied to this team still wouldn't make it viable.

And even though I don't play Warhammer itself, I understand that it's very easy to bait the little guys out of a unit.

- - - - -

Draco the spirit dragon
Farting Nudist
Member # 2900

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2002 06:27 PM      Profile for Draco the spirit dragon   Email Draco the spirit dragon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
using things like light cavery to draw the out... boy they get on my nerves!

anyway back to pokemon
quote:
Considering most people expect Thunderbolt on him, Zap Cannon (most likely missing) will be nothing but a pleasant surprise
it has 50% accuracy, most water pokes are slow (a few like Starmie are not but most are) i will have 2 chances to zap, so its likly to hit at least once, which will leave there pokemon shattered and easy prey for Shamen...
this is were I power up, Terror and Prince work well for this role also. my oppoment may switch out to something eles but i will have turn head start.
usally i will power up either curse or ammnesia first depending on my oppoment (ie against Machamp curse, against Espeon Ammnesia) anyway during field tests, he works wonderfuly (electric and hazers ruin his day of course but name one move set thats inposable to beat. if i could i would turn Prince into a batton passer with mean look... but i own silver)

quote:
You're counting on a move that only works on some opponents (attract)
how many female and genderless pokemon do you see?
more most and less some.

quote:
Ok, but most people consider having 1 non-00ber to be perfectly fine...
not where i live.

quote:
Auto-loss, Sleep Clause is pretty much standard...
scared of sleepers? maybe we should have a berry clause, a toxic clause and a para clause as well? sleeps moves CAN be counted you know. i never use this rule myself (its for wimps)

quote:
Yes. At 8 o'clock. Ok. Anyway, considering you're asking others to help you, perhaps you could be a bit more considerate of them and put at least a little effort into legibility... it's almost painful trying to wade through this post.

reasnable point i'll check before i post.

quote:
Moltres is hardly a Legendary.

it's genderless, can't breed, only one of and has been in the movies. so i would call it Legendary.

[ 08-07-2002, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Draco the spirit dragon ]

- - - - -

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2002 07:32 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So wait, you're simply playing against people in real life? (Gathered from commments "not where I live" and that they don't use Sleep Clause...)

In that case it your team's fine... damn near anything beats up on the average idiot playing this game. Most of the people here assume team rates are meant with strong opponents (as in, others hooked into the online community) in mind.

Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2002 07:35 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
scared of sleepers? maybe we should have a berry clause, a toxic clause and a para clause as well? sleeps moves CAN be counted you know. i never use this rule myself (its for wimps)

Good luck ever reaching any level of tournament play if you're going to act like that. I don't like it myself (Sleep in GS isn't anywhere near as good as it used to be), but a rule's a rule.

it's genderless, can't breed, only one of and has been in the movies. so i would call it Legendary.

So let me get this straight, you won't play with Sleep Clause but you won't take Moltres?

- - - - -

Draco the spirit dragon
Farting Nudist
Member # 2900

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2002 04:18 PM      Profile for Draco the spirit dragon   Email Draco the spirit dragon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
in tournaments i would proberly use this guy over Terror...

Nightwing (Crowbat)
leftovers

Confuse ray
Toxic
Mean look
Fly

what you think?

anyway when I don't use Legendery poke i do not use them full stop. if i had to use one legendery poke i would bring my Zapdos insted of Moltres. (more to my liking)

- - - - -

Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 08-09-2002 01:24 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The moveset's been done before. Everyone used that exact same set back when GS came out in Japan. They stopped once they realised that it had no chance of surviving long enough to make a kill

- - - - -

grim pure power
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3006

posted 08-12-2002 05:18 PM      Profile for grim pure power     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yes they look good but what you call your sneaky pokemon can also cause your downfall in some battles and you could find yourself being beaten up so many times you would loose count

- - - - -
from the fires of hell

Draco the spirit dragon
Farting Nudist
Member # 2900

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2002 05:25 PM      Profile for Draco the spirit dragon   Email Draco the spirit dragon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Explain? (from rob)

you cant call no 1 your team sucks! (from sid)

- - - - -

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.