The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » battle tower

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: battle tower
psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2001 08:46 PM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK, I've battled in the battle tower about 10 or 15 times and I've only one once or twice. Dose this happen to every one? what are you ppls records and what teams do you find successful

[edit]
and just incase any one was wondering, focus band can protect you from fissure

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: psykloak1 ]

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2001 09:20 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Level 10 Lapras with Dragon Rage.

Level 70-100 00bers or Jolt/Wak combo.

- - - - -
Weezing!

From: Hackensack, nj | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Knef
Farting Nudist
Member # 2208

Member Rated:
posted 12-19-2001 05:07 PM      Profile for Knef   Email Knef   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Uhm…I like Battle Tower a lot. It’s probably the most interesting feature Crystal has…along with new moves learned. The first time I went in, I got stunned: I only had three “good” pokèmon; they were Feral, Amphy and Sudowoodo. They were at level 40…trained during the game. Which means:
-Not many good move learned (Amphy didn’t have Thunderbolt or Reflect, Sudowoodo lacked EQ or Selfdestruct, Feraligatr had ony Surf and Return as decent attacks).
-Bad items (the best thing I found was Mint Berry…
-Few Stat. Exp points! This was the most noticeable thing.
On the otherside, you faced pokèmon having many good techniques, breeding moves, useful items…Yeah, some were horrible (Headbutting Ursaring?), but there was also things like standard Houndoom and Shuckle that were kind of strong. Anyway, keep in mind that they usally don’t switch, so Toxic and Mind Reader+Fissure owns them. Perish Song does not work (my Azumarill discovered this the hard way..sigh). Dragon Rage is also useful when facing the low-lever trainers. When I go to the Battle Tower, I like to use –and found to be very effective- :

<The Poisonous, Venomous, Toxic Themed Team>
Venomoth @Leftovers
Reflect, Sludge Bomb, Giga Drain/Psychic, Sleep Powder
+
Tentacruel @Mint Berry
Sludge Bomb, Surf, Barrier, Rest
+
Umbreon @Bright Powder
Double Team, Rest, Confuse Ray,Toxic

<The “I basically wanted to use Ledian” Team>
Ledian @Miracle Berry
Agility, Baton Pass, Reflect, Light Screen/Giga Drain/Ice Punch
+
Poliwrath @Leftovers
Mind Reader, Fissure, Surf, Protect.
+
Ampharos @Quick Claw
Thuderwave, Thunderbolt, Reflect, Fire Punch

<The Remotely Azurian-like Team>
Hitmonlee @Miracleberry
Hi Jump Kick, Body Slam, Endure, Reversal
+
Wigglytuff @Leftovers
ThuderWave, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Double Edge
+
Weezing @Quick Claw
Destiny Bond, Sludge Bomb, Fire Blast, Smokescreen

And replying to o_O’s post…I find using standards and the Cheese Trio kinda sad. When it comes to the Battle Tower, where there isnt anything like your pride or honour that comes in play, I think winning with your favorites is almost a duty, satisfying as it is.

- - - - -
-Knef

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.