The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Two good Clefable sets

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Two good Clefable sets
Ransu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1697

Member Rated:
posted 09-23-2001 06:36 AM      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok now I have seen both of these Clefable sets in action, but I just can't decide which is the better one:

Clefable #1:
Moonlight
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
@Leftovers

or

Clefable #2:
Return
Moonlight
Belly Drum
Shadow Ball
@Leftovers
>>I saw this one sweep a whole team, a Jolteon just BP some Agility and is was set.

- - - - -
"There once were two men, who traveled the same path for ten years, but found completely different truths. So I think if I wander for ten years, I'll find my own truth." --Seta Soujirou

Egads
Farting Nudist
Member # 1357

Member Rated:
posted 09-23-2001 06:56 AM      Profile for Egads     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
#2 is a lot better IMO, the first one is weak with no stab and they aren't very solid hits unless you're playing against a forretress and a quagsire

here's some more

Clefable @ Leftovers - Encore, Belly Drum, Return, Moonlight

If you have a problem with cursers, this fable ownz them

Clefable @ Leftovers/Mint Berry - Curse, Amnesia, Double-edge/Return, Rest

Once you have taken out the roarer or this is your last pokemon, it can sweep a whole team

Clefable @ Leftovers - Double-Edge, Counter, Thunder Wave, Fire Blast

Solid Clefable, pretty basic

- - - - -
Dis Is KrbyRox...ya...

Knef
Farting Nudist
Member # 2208

Member Rated:
posted 09-23-2001 07:01 AM      Profile for Knef   Email Knef   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Clefable is a good pokè, with good-but-not-extremely-impressive stats and huge move compatibility...definitely I'd give it a shot.

The Clefable #1 is the standard Sunny Day Clefable, a very interesting moveset as long as noone brings in a Fire type. Anyway, if u keep as back-up something resistant to Fire with a Rock move to nuke the firey friend that will come out, this works wonders.

The Clefable #2 is also interesting, too bad you cant have Belly Drum and Double-Edge at the same time, DE would rock with its enourmous power and Moonlight to heal the recoul.

What about the Blissey-wannabe Clefable?
Moonlight
Light Screen
Counter
Body Slam/anything
@Leftovers.

- - - - -
-Knef

Heracross20
Farting Nudist
Member # 2133

Member Rated:
posted 09-23-2001 03:10 PM      Profile for Heracross20   Author's Homepage   Email Heracross20   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've seen amnesia and curse sweep teams on clefable. It'd be greatness. Although, belly drum with return + shadowball sounds like a very nice combo. That takes care of missy dee....

Only problem then would be Skarmory, if only Fire Blast could be worked onto the set, but then that'd leave u without moonlight/rest.

- - - - -
*some stupid but funny quote* ;)

From: try to find me *runz* | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Knef
Farting Nudist
Member # 2208

Member Rated:
posted 09-24-2001 11:17 AM      Profile for Knef   Email Knef   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe it could have Flamethrower/Fire Blast over SB on the Belly Drumming set. The fire move could work on Steels and also damage Gengar and Misdrevus which dont have such a great Special Defense. Anyway...Skarmory Defense is 378, right? Then, if 'Fable gets its Attack at 999, it does 172 damage to Skarmory with Return. If I'm not wrong -which will be very unexpected to me- it's a 2HKO. Can Skarmory faint 'Fable in two hits?

- - - - -
-Knef

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 09-24-2001 01:22 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Skarmo would probably be trying to whirlwind instead.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Knef
Farting Nudist
Member # 2208

Member Rated:
posted 09-24-2001 04:34 PM      Profile for Knef   Email Knef   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, ThumbsOfSteel is right...and I did my math, Clefable needs 3 Returns to take out the metallic bird...Damn, that pokè is anti-everything.

- - - - -
-Knef

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.