The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » It's got ssome legends, but it's still safe to RMT

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's got ssome legends, but it's still safe to RMT
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 10:35 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am another TPM crossover (although I only had 185 posts there). This board seems better because there aren’t as many n00bs, although I must admit it’s fun to beat the holy s**t out of them. Anyway, my mostly-genderless team was not taken kindly to by TPM, but like I said, there are a lot of n00bs there. I’ve had a long time to figure out how to cover a legendary team’s weaknesses, and I found that this one certainly works.

Raikou@nevermeltice Thunderbolt/Crunch/HP Ice/Reflect
My tried-and-true set, nicknamed “Sparky”. As you may remember, that was also the name of Richie’s Pikachu in the TV show. However, it’s safe to say no Pikachu will beat it 1-on-1. It lost 4 defense points for HP Ice (I prefer that for slot 4 because it keeps the health at 383 and also beats Grass), but with Reflect it doesn’t mean much. HP will score a 2-hit KO on a Dragonite. I used to put Magnet on, but I changed that once I figured out that the opponent is more likely to take a Raikou with a Ground-type than a Water-type, so NMI will give its 10% boost more often. “Sparky” has become the lead Pokémon, because it can beat the popular Starmie lead easily.

Mewtwo@twistedspoon Psychic/Flamethrower/Safeguard/Recover
Basic Safeguarding Mewtwo with Flamethrower as the fourth slot. I put it there for Skarmory and Scizor. Mewtwo puts up an easy KO on Machamp and will shut down every Parafusionist except Electrode with no problems. The only real threat is Tyranitar, who can deal it up to 213 damage with Crunch. Most other damage is just Recovered away.

Starmie@brightpowder Surf/Thunder Wave/Confuse Ray/Recover
The classic Parafusionist Starmie. Starmie is definitely one of the top 2 or 3 Pokémon for the job. Brightpowder over King’s Rock, because the odds are about the same, and King’s Rock just makes them flinch whereas a missed attack actually wastes the opponent’s PP. (Don’t you get the sense that I am trying to decrease the popularity of Attract?)

Tyranitar@quick claw Crunch/Ancientpower/Earthquake/Ice Beam
Change “TY” in Tyranitar to “E”, rearrange the letters, and you have “Anti-Rare”. Perfect description, huh? Ancientpower when you can’t get an SE hit, because one boost gives it an Attack of 549 and Speed of 330! It also beats Lugia in 3, just like Rock Slide. Ice Beam is for Meganium and Gligar, and if you’re facing a Mewtwo whose stats are even ONE POINT off of maximum, you can get a OHKO with one crit-hit on Crunch.

Skarmory@mint berry Curse/Drill Peck/Whirlwind/Rest
Another experimental set, as I try Curse where most people use Swagger. NickWak is totally screwed against it, since you can Whirlwind it away (and it takes AT LEAST 3 hits to kill it even before Curse, if there are no crit-hits) and while the enemy tries to get it started again, keep Cursing and drop a Drill Peck or two when ready.

Snorlax@leftovers Curse/Rest/Frustration/Earthquake or Shadow Ball
Oh yeah, and then there’s Curselax. I prefer Frustration to DE, because there’s no recoil which spares you from using Rest as often. The fourth slot changes periodically: Shadow Ball can OHKO Mewtwo after just 4 Curses while EQ can’t even do it after 6, but Earthquake can beat the Tyranitar that tears apart half this team.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Jolt135 (edited 07-15-2001).]

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Triple C
Colonel Cock Chomper
Member # 6

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 10:58 AM      Profile for Triple C     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We don't use those little Pokemon icons here...

Is it so hard to just type their names?

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 11:11 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fine. I changed it.

------------------

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 12:08 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Raikou: Good. Maybe a miracle berry.

Mewtwo: If it's a safeguarder, give it miracle berry.

Starmie: brightpowder is not that good without other evasive moves, so maybe minimise over Confuse ray, otherwise keep king's rock as the item. I like Lanturn as a parafusionist due to fewer weaknesses.

Tyranitar: I like restberry over ice beam, or Fire Blast, but change the item to a scope lens.

Skarmory: I use swagger over rest, but keep rest.

Snorlax: Curselax. I hate this guy. Try belly drum, double edge/frustration, rest, double team.

Overall: no huge weaknesses, but you have no hazer. Also, try leading with mewtwo to pass safeguard, then switch to starmie or raikou. Or just Snorlax.

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Houndoom
Farting Nudist
Member # 1996

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 02:24 PM      Profile for Houndoom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Raikou: 9+/10: Real good I like your moveset.

Mewtwo: 8/10: I agree with Thumbsofsteel if it's a safe guarder give it miracle berry.

Starmie: 7/10: Brightpowder is not that good without other evasive moves, so maybe minimise over Confuse ray, otherwise keep king's rock as the item.

Skarmory: 9/10: Fine

Snorlax: 8/10: Fine as a curselax!

Tyranitar: 8+/10: My moveset: Rock slide
Earthquake
Iron tail
Crunch

But yours is fine

------------------
Snorlax and Blissey rule

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 09:25 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mewtwo: I'm not too sure about Miracleberry...after all, it does have 358 speed and will outrun everyone except Electrode. But I might go back to King's Rock on Starmie because although Brightpowder is a PP waster, it's unlikely I'll ever be able to blow THAT many PP. And I do have a pseudohazer *points to Skarmory*.

------------------

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 09:57 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In addition, I have tested it out, and decided to swap the items on Skarmory and Snorlax. Here are the Nicknames I gave them, if you want to know:

Raikou - Sparky
Mewtwo - Ultimatum
Starmie - phEEr (they won't let me use 3's in the name)
Tyranitar - Anti-Rare
Skarmory - Deterrent
Snorlax - curselax (note all lowercase)

------------------

Zerot
I pay schoolgirls to verbally abuse me.
Member # 1295

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 01:05 PM      Profile for Zerot   Author's Homepage   Email Zerot   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Houndoom:
Tyranitar: 8+/10: My moveset: Rock slide
Earthquake
Iron tail
Crunch

Iron tail??? Isn't that a very horrible attack? Or am I that stupid?

From: Lizton, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 01:28 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zerot:
Iron tail??? Isn't that a very horrible attack? Or am I that stupid?

15PP, 75% acc, 100 base, IIRC.

SE vs. Rock(for which there is already quake), and Ice(for which there is already RS. So yeah, I don't see the point of having it on TTar. Unless you're trying to drop the defense or something, but that's probably not good strategy on something with a 4x weakness.

So yeah, basically, Iron Tail isn't that good....

------------------

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 02:57 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, 358 speed is fine, but you'll be switching it in, so miracleberry is needed to stay paralysis free.

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

Houndoom
Farting Nudist
Member # 1996

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 03:38 PM      Profile for Houndoom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know iron tail dosen't appear very good on Ttar but it works very well forme against fighting, flying and electric pokes when i am out of pp for r~slide and e~quake.

------------------
Snorlax and Blissey rule

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 04:22 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You'd be better off w/ return.. or any other physical move for that matter.. or just stop using EQ against flying pokes to waste the 16 pp it has..

------------------
"how can u tell a shiny pokemon from a normal pokemon?"
-Team_Rockets_Arcanine @ The Pokegym

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2001 08:01 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mewtwo with Miracleberry still isn't a good idea IMO. I know not to switch it in against Starmie or something; first because both damage moves are NVE, second because Skarmory is my designated "status absorber". So, I switch in Skarmory against a likely status-inflicting opponent, then after it's been paralyzed or whatever, I bring in Mewtwo. Skarmory can just Rest it off anyway.

------------------

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2001 08:03 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I I had to give Miracleberry to someone, I'd probably go with Raikou. After all, it IS the starter. Come to think of it, boost items aren't helping much.

------------------

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2001 09:35 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What happens after Skarmory dies. He isn't that hard to kill with special attacks. They'll see what you're doing after a while and use surf or T-bolt on the switch-in, and Skarmory won't hold up well.

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 07-20-2001 08:37 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*bump*

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.