The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Question on teams

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question on teams
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2001 07:56 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why is it so hard to get a rate here. I tried once already and got nothing. Here's my future GSbot team.

Jolteon @Brightpowder/Leftovers
T-bolt
T-wave
Ice HP
Bite/sub
Starter. In & out paralysis. Could be left in as an early special sweeper, or brought in later.

Muk @Pink bow
curse
explosion
sludge bomb
body slam
Haze lure. A Mew would work and I'd like to have one here, but that would be kind of cheap. Snorlax would work but I can't have two of them. I'll probably switch it for Mew with Swords dance, explosion, softboiled & a physical move with no immunities. Can't think of the best one now.

Vaporeon @leftovers
surf
substitute
haze
baton pass
Hazer and can pass a strong sub to anyone.

Snorlax @mint berry
belly drum
double edge
double team
rest
Sweeper. I love this set. Vaporeon passes it a sub, he DT's to the max, belly drums, then sweeps. Rest when the sub breaks after belly drum or after too much recoil.

Charizard @leftovers
flamethrower
swords dance
wing attack
submission
Draggy was here at one time, but that meant the best fighting move I could get was Hidden Power.

Tyranitar @leftovers
curse
earthquake
ghost HP
rock slide
Another candidate for a sub. Curse until the sub breaks(or to max if they don't break it) then attack. Ghost HP to take full advantage of curse.

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
ProTrainer2001
Farting Nudist
Member # 1384

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2001 08:46 AM      Profile for ProTrainer2001   Email ProTrainer2001   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here ill rate it for ya.....

Jolteon-Good its one of the sets I use on him but I prefer Raichu over Jolteon..Good set though.

Muk-Yeah your right Mew would be better but I say you should stick with Muk here seeing as this works rather well if you can keep him going wile you curse up. If you do use Mew the physical attack should be Body Slam trust me that works.

Vaporeon-What can I say? Vaporeon always had been good and so is this set with the subnpass......

Snorlax-Good...........What else do you want me to say? 0.o

Charizard-This is a good set...An other is Swords Dance,Submission,Rock Slide,(What you want here usualy Flamethrower or Wing Attack,also you could switch Rock slide and use Earthquake.)

Tyranitar-An other curser...Yeah this is good though.

Well Pretty good team as long as Vaporeon stays alive for a wile this team will run pretty well.

------------------
Doggies Eat Applesauce to save the ozone layer.....Your Welcome...

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2001 01:03 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you're wondering why no one rates teams, at least I know my reason.

I've only been playing G/S for a few months now, and I don't believe I've quite mastered much of the battle elements in Gold and Silver. Until then, I don't consider myself all that adequate to rate teams, beyond a few simple comments.

Like this:

For Charizard...I'd consider Fighting Power a better Fighting Move than Submission.

------------------
"It looks like this is my lucky day. I'll take 'The Rapists' for 200."
"That's 'Therapists,' not 'The Rapists.'"
-(Saturday Night Live Celebrity Jeopardy Skit)

AIM: Nobie20

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2001 02:44 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On submission vs. fighting HP

Submission has more power & more pp. I'm not too worried about recoil so the only thing Hidden Power has for it is better accuracy. And as for accuracy, people use cross chop, so why not. You like HP, I like submission. I should probably test it, but I'm not good with stat breeding. Also, submission has always worked better for me. If I wanted hidden power, I'd keep Draggy, but I'll consider it.

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 07-08-2001 10:30 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Eh, don't overdo the HPs, GSbot lineups are meant to be at least semi-realistic.

Give Jolteon Sub and Leftovers, maybe even Attract over Ice P unless you've got a 70-power one IRL. Attract/Sub Jolteon is all the rage these days, and for good reason.

Muk isn't a viable Pokemon, Porygon2 and Kingdra are better anti-Haze defenders, and Haze past its useby date months ago anyway. Curse isn't going to get a low-defense Hazer to switch in, unless you want to kill Blastoise, which no-one should have a hard time doing anyway.

Good choice of Hazer, BTW. Vap's sorely underrated. Still though, going for a Crystal team at the moment's a little sudden, don't you think? We mightn't even get the mobile adaptor...

Snorlax is okay if you could get Vap, I guess.

I'd drop Charizard as well, he isn't really viable IMHO, what with all the Machamp, Marowak, Electrics and Waters running around.

Tyranitar, meeh, you'll need more than a Sub BPed to him to make him work. I guess he'd make a decet sweeper. What does he need Ghost HP for though?

------------------
ÇÃt-gôÑk®: NÔvê·Va£¡Às·§TârR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
¿Dº ¥õü ßè!iÈvë Ïn G¤dDìsh?
@iM: CatGonk | !rÇ: Tourmaline | I<Q: 83851495
tH3 K¡ttÝ l1Ttér þó)(: --[ http://catgonk.cjb.net ]--

<MrCoffee> Cuz it's the cool thing to do.
<_LugiaStorm_> It's the CAT-GONK thing to do.

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-08-2001 10:58 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ghost HP on T-tar is to run off of curse. If crunch is better after the curses, I'll use it instead. Who should I use instead of Charizard? I need a strong fighting and fire move. I don't really like Machamp(weak fire blast).

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

THE KING952
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1918

Rate Member
posted 07-09-2001 12:29 PM      Profile for THE KING952     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jolteon @Brightpowder/Leftovers
T-bolt
T-wave
Ice HP
Bite/sub
Starter. In & out paralysis. Could be left in as an early special sweeper, or brought in later.
<B>I'd get Reflect from R/B/Y over Bite/sub since he's got crappy def and is weak to Ground types.... And there are a lot of Earthquakers running around these days...</B>

Muk @Pink bow
curse
explosion
sludge bomb
body slam
Haze lure. A Mew would work and I'd like to have one here, but that would be kind of cheap. Snorlax would work but I can't have two of them. I'll probably switch it for Mew with Swords dance, explosion, softboiled & a physical move with no immunities. Can't think of the best one now.
<B>If you decide to keep Muk, give it Charcoal and put Fireblast over Body Slam to cover his Steel weakness</B>

Vaporeon @leftovers
surf
substitute
haze
baton pass
Hazer and can pass a strong sub to anyone.
<B>works...</B>

Snorlax @mint berry
belly drum
double edge
double team
rest
Sweeper. I love this set. Vaporeon passes it a sub, he DT's to the max, belly drums, then sweeps. Rest when the sub breaks after belly drum or after too much recoil.
<B>I guess it's a mix of the classic from R/B/Y...</B>

Charizard @leftovers
flamethrower
swords dance
wing attack
submission
Draggy was here at one time, but that meant the best fighting move I could get was Hidden Power.
<B>eh...</B>

Tyranitar @leftovers
curse
earthquake
ghost HP
rock slide
Another candidate for a sub. Curse until the sub breaks(or to max if they don't break it) then attack. Ghost HP to take full advantage of curse
<B>Good idea with HP Ghost......</B>

------------------
AIM: THE KING952

JoHtO TrAiNeR
Farting Nudist
Member # 1777

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2001 02:15 PM      Profile for JoHtO TrAiNeR   Author's Homepage   Email JoHtO TrAiNeR   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThumbsOfSteel:
Why is it so hard to get a rate here. I tried once already and got nothing.

-The reason is because most people, like me, have already rated hundreds of teams and are probably sick of rating teams. What I'm looking for now are single movesets...

------------------

[This message has been edited by JoHtO TrAiNeR (edited 07-09-2001).]

From: St. Paul, MN,USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2001 08:34 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A couple lineup changes.

Muk has been dropped for Jynx.
lovely kiss
mean look
perish song
dream eater
@leftovers/miracleberry

and Charizard will most likely be dropped for Moltres.
fire blast
sunny day
grass HP
safeguard/reflect/sub/whirlwind
@leftovers/scope lens/miracle seed

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2001 11:53 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is that it. I thought you guys would have more to say than this.
Bartlebee
Farting Nudist
Member # 1778

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2001 01:25 PM      Profile for Bartlebee   Email Bartlebee   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, you sure are a whiny bastard.

------------------
Or if you're feeling evil use some good g/s tradebacks such as starmie with t.wave - Mewmwan's advice for beating Mewtwo

From: Your mom's ass | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 05:38 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good choice of Hazer, BTW. Vap's sorely underrated. Still though, going for a Crystal team at the moment's a little sudden, don't you think? We mightn't even get the mobile adaptor...

Getting BP on Vaporeon doesn't require the mobile adaptor; Eevee learns it through level-up.

------------------
"Thank you for your e-mail. This Internet of yours is a wonderful invention."
-- George W. Bush, to Al Gore

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 11:39 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bartlebee: I posted a team. I'm trying to get my first good team rated and improved. I'm not getting as much help as I was anticipating. I like feedback, but feeddback that doesn't help any pisses me off. Maybe you're right, but in the future, if it is useless crap that doesn't do anything but take up space, please don't post, OK. Not trying to start a flamewar here, although it probably will anyway, just want worthwhile feedback. I'd be wasting my time coming here just reading all the flames piling up.

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.