The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Omastar

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Omastar
Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2001 10:11 PM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was considering updating my old Omie...right now, mine has:

Horn Attack (which I want to replace for sure, but I don't know with what)
Protect
Surf
Ancientpower

..Any suggestions? And no posts saying Omanyte sucks and I should use Suicune or Starmie or something, please. x_X

------------------
It hung on with Focus Band!

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2001 10:47 PM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Omastar can give some hurting. Thanks to the suckification of Tentacruel (lowering its Special Attack 80 points x.x), Omastar has the highest Special Attack of all Water types, not to mention 348 Defense. However, its 238 Special Defense hurts, especially if you're fighting a Grass. On the bright side, it has more HP than Starmie ^_^

Its 208 Speed lets it get the jump on most popular Ground types (Rhydon/Marowak). And I'm sure they'll love getting blasted in the face by a 328 SA STAB 95/120 base move, depending on whether you like to take risks.

I suggest the following set:

Rain Dance
Hydro Pump/Surf
Ice Beam
Horn Drill

Omastar can't do much offensively (its Ancientpower is weak considering its 218 Attack). Rain Dance pumps up Hydro Pump/Surf's power to the point where a single Hydro Pump can OHKO Tyranitar. That's saying a lot. Unfortunately, Tyranitar is faster, and can blast you with 2 Quakes before you know what hit you. Ice Beam is if you get extremely lucky and face a paralyzed Jumpluff or something. Horn Drill is nothing more than a last resort, especially against Curselax.

I probably made a total fool of myself for making the stupidest Omastar moveset ever, but I am known to be an idiot sometimes.

------------------
"Aww, does the poor widdle Death Stawmie need mommie to kiss away its boo-boo?" - White Cat

"Ugh, that's impossible!" - R-2 Rival, after Belly Drum Lax OHKO'd Mewtwo with Double-Edge

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Nirvana
Farting Nudist
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2001 02:03 AM      Profile for Nirvana     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This really was a topic for NickWhiz1....

------------------
-ÑïrVÄn@
-IM: TitanicAqua

From: United Kingdom. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2001 02:31 AM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, your set makes sense...to me anyway. ^^

------------------
It hung on with Focus Band!

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 10:19 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd probably breed for haze over rain dance/horn drill if I were using him.. piss off those couple of pokes that still bother using stat changers these days.

------------------
"how can u tell a shiny pokemon from a normal pokemon?"
-Team_Rockets_Arcanine @ The Pokegym

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.