The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Sharking illegal moves: The good, the bad, and the stupid

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sharking illegal moves: The good, the bad, and the stupid
PikaBlade
I AM A GIRL
Member # 1039

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2000 09:06 PM      Profile for PikaBlade   Author's Homepage   Email PikaBlade   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sharking illegal moves is good to some extent. You don't have to use them in tourneys, just give 'em max stats and shark away for use on Pokemon Stadium (2) or your Gameboy Game. The bad part is, you can't use em in tourneys.

For example...

Dodrio can cover its weaknesses. Go with Earthquake, Flame Wheel, Thunderbolt, and Fly.

It's very stupid, with no defensive moves or stat changers but it can whip it's weaknesses' asses.

How about this Baton Passer Scizor?

Swords Dance
Barrier
Amnesia
Baton Pass

Dance, Barrier, Amnesia, and Pass. Simple. A Caterpie could get better with those stat boosts.

Or be ridiculous:

Pidgeot
Razor Leaf
Psychic
Mirror Move
Safeguard

Teehee.

OK, I'm done now.

Rant rave and come up with ridiculous teams. Hell knows, you might find out that Jolteon is much better when equipped with Ice Punch and Beat Up.

Teehee.
Now go on, reply.

------------------
~I'm a screw all right. But no, I won't screw you. Go away.~

Mana Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 905

Member Rated:
posted 11-02-2000 09:18 PM      Profile for Mana Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Mana Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, from what you're trying to say, i presume you're trying to make a perfect sharked move pokemon.

Tyranitar:

Cross chop
Spider Web
Mind reader
Horn Drill

Shuckle:

Spider Web
Mind Reader
Horn Drill
Defense Curl(PP conserver)

Blissey:

Rest
Sleep Talk
Double Edge
Take Down

How's that?

------------------
Homer: Yeah Moe, you see the game last night? yeah, that team sucked. They just plain sucked. They were the suckiest sucks that ever sucked.
=======================
Visit my Code Archive!!

Http://www.geocities.com/manalugia/home.html

PikaBlade
I AM A GIRL
Member # 1039

Member Rated:
posted 11-03-2000 04:45 PM      Profile for PikaBlade   Author's Homepage   Email PikaBlade   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meeeeh...I never said that...and I never really finished, but thanx for the suggestions. Hmmmm...Pacific Pikachu!!!! ^_^ ::goes back to her beloved Shark::

------------------
~I'm a screw all right. But no, I won't screw you. Go away.~

Lugia -The Flying Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 1044

Member Rated:
posted 11-03-2000 07:01 PM      Profile for Lugia -The Flying Fish   Author's Homepage   Email Lugia -The Flying Fish   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heh...it is funny to shark attacks onto Pokemon that they can't learn. (I do not use them in real battles...just for FUN!)

One time, I gave Magikarp Recover/Bubble Beam/Blizzard/Amnesia.

Heh...it was funny!

I also gave Diglett/Dugtrio fly, Snorlax Lick, Mewtwo Lovely Kiss, and Slow Bro Quick Attack...Its funny to watch the animation on Stadium.

------------------
Comparing Pokemon to GayBZ should be a crime punishable by death. -StarCaliber
AIM: LugiaTheFlyNFish

From: Pensacola, FL, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Footitch
Farting Nudist
Member # 663

Member Rated:
posted 11-03-2000 08:07 PM      Profile for Footitch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just for fun I went to my pokemon league (tcg, but everyone has the gb game there...)
with my maxed out:

Electabuzz
Guillotine (7 pp)
Recover
Mind Reader (8 pp)
Double Team

Suicun
Amnesia
Barrier
Recover
Aurora Beam

Lugia
Aeroblast
Hydro Pump
Metronome
Zap Cannon

Mewtwo
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Recover
GROWTH

Scizor
Steel Claw
Swords Dance
Recover
Double Team

Mr. Mime
Growth
Harden
Bone Rush
Bubblebeam

All you karp parkers know why I picked the last one... Anyways these people don't really need this kinda krap, they're so inexperienced I could beat em with one of those vicuous poliwraths... and a few pp ups

------------------
-ƒøø†|†¢H
"Drew, are you green?" -My teacher, after noticing that some vegetable coloring had stained my face and hands.
-----
If you are already insane, then there is nothing to worry about.

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2000 02:29 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I also gave... Snorlax Lick

That's legal in G/S, via breeding.

------------------
"I heard that Bush didn't even know who Canada's president is."
-- Member of Al Gore's campaign staff

PoKamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 257

Rate Member
posted 11-04-2000 08:45 PM      Profile for PoKamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mind Reader is the "next move always hits" move, right?

Does it work with those one-hit KOs?

If so, how would one counter THAT?!

------------------
Kamek, Master Magikoopa
Admin: Kamek's Kastle Forums
Forum Moderator: Gameshark Central Forums

From: Koopa Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lugia -The Flying Fish
Farting Nudist
Member # 1044

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2000 09:22 PM      Profile for Lugia -The Flying Fish   Author's Homepage   Email Lugia -The Flying Fish   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PoKamek:
Mind Reader is the "next move always hits" move, right?

Does it work with those one-hit KOs?

If so, how would one counter THAT?!

You switch...

Mind Reader/Lock On will not work if you switch...

------------------
Comparing Pokemon to GayBZ should be a crime punishable by death. -StarCaliber
AIM: LugiaTheFlyNFish

From: Pensacola, FL, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kabutops
Farting Nudist
Member # 195

Rate Member
posted 11-06-2000 04:19 PM      Profile for Kabutops     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't understand why ppl cheat to put moves on their pokemon so they will "cover their weakness!" I mean let's say someone sharks a Lapras to have earthquake to cover its electric weakness, then in comes a Starmie with thunderbolt! I mean I forgot who, but they thought they were a total genius when they developed i think a mewtwo with shadow ball, submission, psychic, recover or something like that. Pokemon that are not the same type as attacks they have can still learn those attacks. Everyone knows that but seems to forget it when making movesets.

------------------

mewtwo's fortress
Farting Nudist
Member # 591

Member Rated:
posted 11-06-2000 04:25 PM      Profile for mewtwo's fortress     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
try a ditto with fly, dig, razor wind, and meditate on stadium

------------------
Homer: [on phone] Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night.
They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but
they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.
Marge: Homer! Watch your mouth!
Homer: Aw, I gotta go. My damn weiner kids are listening.
"My team may be cheap, but...shove it if you don't like it, k???" -PikaBlade

From: the cold, dark depths of mewtwo's fortess | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.