The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Welcome Center   » Complaints Dept.   » Struggle affects Ghosts...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Struggle affects Ghosts...
Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2000 08:17 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I tried this on Stadium... I used Caterpie, Krabby, Kabuto, and gengar against Ditto (all level 50 mrentals). Ditto transformed into Caterpie, then I ran him out of PP. Struggle did 11 damage each to Kabuto amd Krabby (both of whom had the same Defense), igrnoring Kabuto's rockness, and against gengar did a critical hit for 29, followed by a normal hit for 17.

So, at least in Stadium, Struggle ignores type differences

------------------
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 08-24-2000 02:39 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to mention that I'm not ignoring this one, I just haven't had time to test it.

It wouldn't surprise me if something else changed in Stadium...

------------------
"If you can do no good, at least do no harm."
-Hippocrates

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Marril
Farting Nudist
Member # 51

Member Rated:
posted 08-30-2000 07:57 PM      Profile for Marril     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bide afects ghosts... so does Counter (I think)...

------------------
"But, it was so artistically done."
--Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words,
Star Wars: The Last Command

Vaporeon of the mist
unregistered

posted 09-04-2000 02:17 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Ghosts, isnt there a Ghost in GS called "Muma?" Or pehaps I spelled it wrong.

------------------
Articuno, hear my cry

"This Kittens Purdy." Jackdaw
"Being a Vaporeon is pretty cool, and the kids at the Park feed me bread!" VOTM to Aunt Veevee

IP: Logged
Starshelle
Farting Nudist
Member # 567

Rate Member
posted 09-04-2000 07:56 PM      Profile for Starshelle   Email Starshelle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah it's spelled Muuma or something along those lines. I think the unconfirmed English name for her is Trillix, and she's pure ghost.

------------------
SDShamshel's Newbie Experience:
Me and my friend were on the train talking about Pokemon. This guy next to us says, "You like Pokemon?"
My friend says, "Yes, but only the Japanese version (in regard to the anime)."
The guy responds with, "Wait, there's JAPANESE Pokemon?"

From: Kansas (U.S.) | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Vaporeon of the mist
unregistered

posted 09-04-2000 11:09 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sweet! I've already known there was a Pure ghost, but each time I hear it I just cant help but pump my fist into the air and say YES as loud as I can in a pubic place.

------------------
Articuno, hear my cry

"This Kittens Purdy." Jackdaw
"Being a Vaporeon is pretty cool, and the kids at the Park feed me bread!" VOTM to Aunt Veevee

IP: Logged
Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 09-05-2000 03:05 PM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vaporeon of the mist:
Sweet! I've already known there was a Pure ghost, but each time I hear it I just cant help but pump my fist into the air and say YES as loud as I can in a pubic place.

I'm pretty sure you meant public place, not pubic place. But anyway, unfortuneatly Muuma's stats are crappy.

------------------
Never kick a man when he's down, he might get back up again.

"And, in conclusion...Fuck Zapdos"-Mr. K's First Tourney:Epilogue
Not related to the better-known ex-UPN-now-BMG-and-PD-Psybro.

From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 09-05-2000 05:00 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is there anything super effective against ghost like the new steel/dark types?

------------------
"Today Chicago, tomorrow Saturday"-Kelly Bundy
"90% grunts and yelling at each other, 10% boring recycled animation." Mr.K talking about Dragon Ball Z
cesar@infinity.net

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Starshelle
Farting Nudist
Member # 567

Rate Member
posted 09-05-2000 07:47 PM      Profile for Starshelle   Email Starshelle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm by far no G/S expert, but I've heard mixed reviews about Trillix stats.

At the best, I've read she has average stats, and not being poisen makes her more useful than Gengar. Then of course, at worst it could be just like Psybro says: crappy.

------------------
SDShamshel's Newbie Experience:
Me and my friend were on the train talking about Pokemon. This guy next to us says, "You like Pokemon?"
My friend says, "Yes, but only the Japanese version (in regard to the anime)."
The guy responds with, "Wait, there's JAPANESE Pokemon?"

From: Kansas (U.S.) | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 09-06-2000 01:55 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
<plug>From my comprehensive G/S Pokedex,</plug> her base stats are:

HP:60
At:60
De:60
SpA:85
SpD:85
Spe:85
Total = 435

------------------
"Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you."
-- Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri exit message

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 09-06-2000 11:39 AM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
However, it does learn Share Pain, to make up for the HP deficiency.

------------------
Gundam Wing/Thundercats: WHAT'S THAT?!? Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight. I'm going to fight it. Thunder...thunder...Thundercats...(buster rifle to the head).

AIM: Nobie20

Noddy
Farting Nudist
Member # 877

Member Rated:
posted 09-19-2000 03:51 PM      Profile for Noddy   Email Noddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As well as grudge, which steals the PP away from the last attack used on you! Very nice!

------------------

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2002 02:47 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just noticed that the Struggle page still doesn't mention that the attack affects Ghosts in Stadium.

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2002 07:34 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
I just noticed that the Struggle page still doesn't mention that the attack affects Ghosts in Stadium.

I was under the impression that Struggle affected Ghosts in all versions. These bumps are great because you find out stuff like this.

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2002 10:19 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:

Or RBY...

quote:

Because it is a Normal type attack, it cannot affect Ghost Pokémon.

Struggle is typeless, not normal.

- - - - -
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2002 10:40 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Even though it's not normal, the game says its normal doesn't it? Someone needs to have Porygon use Conversion2 after struggle has been used and see what happens.

Maybe it will fail like it does when you use it after curse?

I figure it will consider it a normal attack even though it isn't one...

Chrisodeo
Farting Nudist
Member # 2855

Member Rated:
posted 08-26-2002 04:14 PM      Profile for Chrisodeo   Author's Homepage   Email Chrisodeo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Struggle is Normal, just like Hidden Power is. Its only Normal in appearance. In reality, its typeless.
Mentar the Malady Monkey
worst username ever
Member # 1182

Member Rated:
posted 09-09-2002 01:34 AM      Profile for Mentar the Malady Monkey   Email Mentar the Malady Monkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What the hell ever happened to VOTM?
From: Pandemonium, HL, Hades | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.