The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Welcome Center   » Information Booth   » How'd you find us? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: How'd you find us?
J. Thaddeus Toad
Citrus Fondler
Member # 3

Member Rated:
posted 02-18-2000 09:16 PM      Profile for J. Thaddeus Toad   Author's Homepage   Email J. Thaddeus Toad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just curious...how did you find Azure Heights?

I've recently visited a couple web forums I'd never seen before and it was amazing how much some people didn't know.

After reading alt.games.nintendo.pokemon for a while, it seemed like most everyone had the basics down, but there's a whole world out there that still believes in old wives tales like "catch a Pokemon as early as possible" and "waiting to evolve your Pokemon later will make it stronger".

------------------

Windex
I am the greatest human being ever. It is impossible to insult me.
Member # 9

Member Rated:
posted 02-18-2000 11:36 PM      Profile for Windex   Email Windex   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It seems I'm the first to answer! Anyhow, I found Azure Heights through a link from GreyCloak's skill/statfinder. I came, thought it was pretty cool, and well, here I am today.

------------------
-Windex

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 02-19-2000 11:21 AM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, I did a search on some obscure search engine for some Pokémon related subject, and your name was up at the top (along with some stuff like 'Bob's Pokaman Page!!!')

------------------
The mew millennium doesn't begin until 2001!

Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 02-20-2000 05:32 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heh, I kinda work here...

Two other boards worth checking out are Project Metronome and Pokechat (http://www3.bravenet.com/forum/show.asp?usernum=1576662377). The latter is currently being given the once-over by yours truly, some still believe that non-damage moves are "stupid ^_^...Pointless, rather."

Heh, we should get an AH AIM league started up.

------------------
- Cat-Gonk.

The Kitty Litter Box.
http://catgonk.cjb.net/
- GOT KITTY?

"...I'm ghetto like a high-school dropout,
When hoes be fighting and they tittie pop out..."
- "Ghetto Boy"

If only I could figure out this UBB Code stuff..

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jedah
Farting Nudist
Member # 20

Member Rated:
posted 02-20-2000 05:38 PM      Profile for Jedah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Many people in the AOL chat AGNP talk about this place. I found it via Greycloaks page.

Nice work, BTW.

Venus
unregistered

posted 02-20-2000 06:18 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why, hello, CatGonk. FYI, I said having three defensive moves and only one offensive is stupid.
IP: Logged
MewtwoSama
Asshole
Member # 12

Member Rated:
posted 02-20-2000 06:45 PM      Profile for MewtwoSama   Author's Homepage   Email MewtwoSama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Venus:
Why, hello, CatGonk. FYI, I said having three defensive moves and only one offensive is stupid.

I must be a stupid trainer then. I dont remember how I found out about Azure. Probably thru AGNP.

------------------
MewtwoSama
It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments. It's DNA is almost the same as MEW's. However, it's size and disposition are vastly different.

AIM: MewtwoSama
E-mail: mewtwo@ureach.com

Mew! Meow! Grrrrr!

The key to a good offense is a strong defense

Ethics are stupid, they only get in the way of winning

From: Abyss of Evil | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 02-20-2000 09:18 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are you kidding? Three defensive, maybe; but three non-damage dealing techniques will work fabulously if you play them right.

------------------
The mew millennium doesn't begin until 2001!

PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 02-20-2000 09:34 PM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I've known about Azure Heights... somehow. I forget.

As far as the forums go, though, Cat-Gonk announced you had them in my forum, so I decided to check them out.

------------------
Project:Metronome

Because it's not like you have anything better to do with your time.

Rysto
Farting Nudist
Member # 24

Member Rated:
posted 02-20-2000 09:38 PM      Profile for Rysto   Email Rysto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found you guys through No BS, which for those of you who don't know, is a message board that was created during the Pikablu Crisis. It is run by PiccoloNamek and Dartarus, and they have pretty much banned the word Mew.

B.T.W. There's no difference about when you evolve your Poke, but it'll learn attacks faster.

From: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Moltres23
Farting Nudist
Member # 26

Member Rated:
posted 02-21-2000 01:49 AM      Profile for Moltres23   Email Moltres23   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I see Catgonk's post and hop on over!

I love invading Forums with my utterly strange strategies and incredibly odd, yet often true, theories.

Have fun with me here!

Muhahahaa~!!

Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 02-21-2000 08:42 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've known about AH as long as I can remember.
I've never managed to weasel my way into membership unfortunately though....

Wonderful place, however much people say the info is wrong.

------------------
+Contact Info for Harrassment+
ICQ - µ - 17159815
AIM - Xanubaraqhan

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
J. Thaddeus Toad
Citrus Fondler
Member # 3

Member Rated:
posted 02-21-2000 11:46 AM      Profile for J. Thaddeus Toad   Author's Homepage   Email J. Thaddeus Toad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the response, guys, it's been interesting!

------------------
JT Toad
Semper Absurda

Ayreon
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 36

Member Rated:
posted 02-21-2000 10:37 PM      Profile for Ayreon   Email Ayreon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found the place while reading AGNP. Cat Gonk seemed to be happy about being a moderator.

~BC

------------------

Has anyone seen my Vaporeon? ^_^

Marcus Majarra
Farting Nudist
Member # 56

Member Rated:
posted 02-25-2000 01:15 AM      Profile for Marcus Majarra   Author's Homepage   Email Marcus Majarra   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I saw the link on GreyCloak's S/SF (along with a link to my database), but I checked it out only recently, as I started to do some research of my own. My main web-residence is RPGamer, though, and most of my work I contribute there.

But this place looks good to me, with people as ego'ed and eccentric as myself, and perhaps my research will advance as I continue to discuss these matters with your research "guru", Mr. Martin.

------------------
Yours Truly,

Marcus Majarra
for more info, reach me at RPGamer's Pokéboard
AIM: Marcus Maj

From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stephen
Farting Nudist
Member # 58

Member Rated:
posted 02-25-2000 09:44 AM      Profile for Stephen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk:
Heh, I kinda work here...

Two other boards worth checking out are Project Metronome and Pokechat (http://www3.bravenet.com/forum/show.asp?usernum=1576662377). The latter is currently being given the once-over by yours truly

I'm a regular at Pokechat, and found Azure Heights by following a link posted by Cat-Gonk. I've been lurking here for a few days.

-Stephen

From: Merrie Olde Englande | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Enter Your Name Here
Farting Nudist
Member # 57

Member Rated:
posted 02-25-2000 10:55 AM      Profile for Enter Your Name Here   Email Enter Your Name Here   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found it by AGNP. Where else? ^_^

------------------
--EYNH
"Mars is bright tonight."
Co-founder of BBB

Amoe
Farting Nudist
Member # 63

Member Rated:
posted 02-26-2000 02:58 PM      Profile for Amoe   Author's Homepage   Email Amoe   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, I wonder.

Who can guess?

Ten Pilchard points for whoever can. :E

------------------
You can't start a fire without a spork.

From: Reigate, Surrey, England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jedi Master Pi Ka Chu
Farting Nudist
Member # 83

Member Rated:
posted 03-01-2000 05:00 PM      Profile for Jedi Master Pi Ka Chu   Author's Homepage   Email Jedi Master Pi Ka Chu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I followed a link from someone on the UPNetwork BBS, and I've gone crazy over this site ever since.

------------------
Always two there are, a Master... and a Pokémon. - Pidgeyoda

From: Plymout, MI USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
GolemKong
Farting Nudist
Member # 16

Member Rated:
posted 03-01-2000 06:39 PM      Profile for GolemKong   Author's Homepage   Email GolemKong   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know............
J. Thaddeus Toad
Citrus Fondler
Member # 3

Member Rated:
posted 03-01-2000 11:36 PM      Profile for J. Thaddeus Toad   Author's Homepage   Email J. Thaddeus Toad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GolemKong:
I don't know............

Well then, that Hypno we employed to psychically spread the word seems to be earning his dough.

Certainly better than friggin' google.com...

------------------
JT Toad
Semper Absurda

Gandalf
Farting Nudist
Member # 77

Member Rated:
posted 03-02-2000 03:34 PM      Profile for Gandalf   Author's Homepage   Email Gandalf   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Someone on the RPGamer board posted a link to a section of this site I was working on...I
came here because I'm working on developing a battle simulator for pokemon, and this site has much useful info...

------------------
---Gandalf---

CooMoN69
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 105

Member Rated:
posted 03-08-2000 07:27 PM      Profile for CooMoN69   Email CooMoN69   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got the site at gamefaqs. Please don't flame anyone there or me. Someone told me you guys have somewhat bad attitudes to people from gamefaqs, but I am not sure.

------------------

Kids in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause kids

J. Thaddeus Toad
Citrus Fondler
Member # 3

Member Rated:
posted 03-09-2000 06:44 AM      Profile for J. Thaddeus Toad   Author's Homepage   Email J. Thaddeus Toad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CooMoN69:
I got the site at gamefaqs. Please don't flame anyone there or me. Someone told me you guys have somewhat bad attitudes to people from gamefaqs, but I am not sure.

Hmmm...no, I have no opinion whatsoever about gamefaqs, except that I happily let someone writing a FAQ use our data.

I dunno where the bad blood (if it exists at all) is coming from, but I hope you feel welcome here.

------------------
JT Toad
Semper Absurda

Blastoiseu
Farting Nudist
Member # 100

Member Rated:
posted 03-10-2000 06:55 PM      Profile for Blastoiseu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They talked about this site in the upn fourms

------------------
BLASTOISE RULES!!!!!!

cono
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 122

Member Rated:
posted 03-12-2000 02:06 PM      Profile for cono   Author's Homepage   Email cono   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I heard about it at Gamefaqs.

------------------
??The Misled Genius??

Wizzymoto
Farting Nudist
Member # 60

Member Rated:
posted 03-12-2000 05:25 PM      Profile for Wizzymoto   Email Wizzymoto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I heard about this site through the NO-BS pokemon board.

------------------
"I thought you said you were gonna watch a video"
"We did, an video on how to make your own sausge"

From: Irvine, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Takeshi
Farting Nudist
Member # 125

Member Rated:
posted 03-13-2000 06:29 PM      Profile for Takeshi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Got it through a link from the UPN Forums. (thanks for the link FlyingPidgeot!)

any questions?
-Takeshi

------------------
"I don't really give a damn who you are, it's what you do that matters."
~Lord Voldemort (the one on the UPN BBS)

From: Houston, TX, United States | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kirby1024
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 98

Member Rated:
posted 03-19-2000 05:14 AM      Profile for Kirby1024   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found this place while looking through AGNP. Mind you, it took a while for me to use it regularly like I do now...

------------------

From: Wantirna Sth, Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
P-Chan
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 168

Member Rated:
posted 03-24-2000 08:06 AM      Profile for P-Chan   Email P-Chan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I came from the pokegym......

------------------
Neal down to the your great emperor P-Chan....

AznExplosN
Farting Nudist
Member # 45

Member Rated:
posted 03-24-2000 01:19 PM      Profile for AznExplosN     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Man.... I've used this site for as long as I can remember, since it's birth. Way back in the day, when Moof posted "Want Ads" for people to join. That was soooo long ago... I didn't have the balls to join cuz I didn't know how to do all that research stuff. But hey! You guys are doing a great job here, and my name is actually listed in the contributors section! Woo Hoo!

------------------
"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad cuz I tell it how it is and you tell it
how it might be." ~ Puff Daddy

From: Dallas, Texas, United States | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
squirtle master
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 172

Member Rated:
posted 03-25-2000 08:08 AM      Profile for squirtle master   Email squirtle master   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well...I saw a link to Azure Heights in Mr. K's sig at the pokegym mb...
gyanite
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 182

Member Rated:
posted 03-29-2000 01:49 PM      Profile for gyanite   Email gyanite   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found a link to this site on a sig on Deja.com. I don't remember who was the posted the message but the message for the link read something like "a pokemon forum beond compare". whoever this was thank you very much this is just the find of Pokemon site and Forum i have benn looking for. My complment to the Azure Heights Founders for createing a great Advanced Pokemon Stragey site!

------------------

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 03-30-2000 12:21 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd known about the old Azure page on Geocities for a long time. I didn't find this one until about a month ago, because I wasn't reading AGNP anymore and the old page didn't link to it. I only found it because I happened to notice it in someone's .sig when I was doing a search on Deja.
Wave Form
unregistered

posted 03-30-2000 06:40 AM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found it while reading AGNP.

------------------

IP: Logged
Volrath50
Farting Nudist
Member # 171

Member Rated:
posted 03-30-2000 12:15 PM      Profile for Volrath50     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was stuck with the Old Azure for a long while.... Than sombody on Meowth346's message board suggested this place for me...

------------------
"Mew!"
Our friend, Mewtwo

From: A little town, somewhere in Canada. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MISTABEO
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 153

Member Rated:
posted 03-31-2000 03:12 PM      Profile for MISTABEO   Email MISTABEO   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found out about AH after getting spanked by a Nintendo Rep. with a Grep at the Stadium Tour in Ohio. by the way what's AGNP everyone seems to know but me

------------------
"In the absense of Light, there exists Nothing."

Agent 0007
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 179

Member Rated:
posted 04-01-2000 07:08 PM      Profile for Agent 0007   Email Agent 0007   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MISTABEO:
I found out about AH after getting spanked by a Nintendo Rep. with a Grep at the Stadium Tour in Ohio. by the way what's AGNP everyone seems to know but me

You went to the tour in Ohio? So did I.

BTW, I found out about Azure in alt.games.nintendo.pokemon

------------------
Agent 0007
AIM: Agent O0O7

pkthunder
I look like your mom.
Member # 67

Member Rated:
posted 04-05-2000 03:32 AM      Profile for pkthunder   Author's Homepage   Email pkthunder   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend told me.

------------------
Will this ice ever melt?

From: Broomfield, CO | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Silver Clefairy
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 8

Member Rated:
posted 04-05-2000 06:18 PM      Profile for Silver Clefairy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I saw it referenced somewhere, and when I saw how good the site was, I bookmarked it.

------------------

Dark Jaguar
Farting Nudist
Member # 187

Member Rated:
posted 04-06-2000 01:37 AM      Profile for Dark Jaguar   Email Dark Jaguar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I heard about it at the Nintendojo board (Rumble City) and I liked it. Now I've plugged a site, have I no shame? (Answer to rhetorical question: no, I don't).

------------------
Welcome to DJ Inc., where everything is JUST fine.

Slick 66
Farting Nudist
Member # 70

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2000 08:16 PM      Profile for Slick 66   Email Slick 66   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I asked for a link at UPN, and somehow I magically appeared here. The last time I went to UPN was to look at now-not-so current events, and to laugh at the crap those newbies come up with. I can't be humble when it comes to ignorance.

------------------
~Slick has spoken~

This post was made solely by the will of the giant grinning demon scarecrows
sent to torture and manipulate me. And those damn kittens....

The famous person wears the same size water skis as me
She's got three cars as many years I've lived in this ci-ty
Her hair is blonde and mine is brown they both start with a B
But when the phone inside her ribcage rings it's not for me.

~John and John, They Might Be Giants (huzzah!)

Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 04-22-2000 11:32 AM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Got here from the links section of Jedah's excellent Team Rocket UK site. "Finally, a Game Boy site with information that's actually right," he said .

------------------
"Clefable, Metronome!"
{Come on, Hyper Beam!}
CLEFABLE used STRING SHOT!
"Damn, not again!"

From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
branners
Farting Nudist
Member # 101

Member Rated:
posted 04-23-2000 09:48 AM      Profile for branners   Author's Homepage   Email branners   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got it from UPnetwork...

I used to think that site was good until I came here...

------------------
E mail: branners78@hotmail.com
AIM: lllbrannerslll

'They say if we keep polluting this beautiful planet, in ten years Britain will have the climate of Ibiza. Lets make it happen.'

Innit!

PPokeM
Farting Nudist
Member # 343

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2000 08:38 PM      Profile for PPokeM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I actually forget...I think it was from the Skill/Stat finder, which I heard from on a BBS.
VaporeonsHaze
Farting Nudist
Member # 252

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2000 08:47 PM      Profile for VaporeonsHaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
darshu, from the pokemon nintendo tour told me about it, cool huh?

------------------
Out from the Haze comes Vaporeon!

[This message has been edited by VaporeonsHaze (edited 04-28-2000).]

Bahful
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 345

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2000 08:57 PM      Profile for Bahful   Email Bahful   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I went to TeamRocketHQ Next, which led me to Loose Change, which led me to Nescaro's Pokémon Page, which led me to GreyCloak's skill/statfinder, which led me here.

------------------
I leave no mark.

From: Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
J. Thaddeus Toad
Citrus Fondler
Member # 3

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2000 10:02 PM      Profile for J. Thaddeus Toad   Author's Homepage   Email J. Thaddeus Toad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VaporeonsHaze:
darshu, form the pokemon nintendo tour told me about it, cool huh?

That is kinda cool...

------------------
JT Toad
Semper Absurda

Avalanche
Farting Nudist
Member # 38

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2000 11:30 PM      Profile for Avalanche   Author's Homepage   Email Avalanche   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gamefaqs had a faq about pokemon ranking, on it was a link to the skill-stat finder, and hiden underneath was this little gem of a site. One question, I would like to see the old Azure... what is the URL? Or just a link would be cool.

------------------
AIM: Avalanche786
e-mail: lewisdischner@msn.com

[This message has been edited by Avalanche (edited 04-26-2000).]

From: Catherdral City, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-27-2000 02:28 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The old Azure is at http://www.geocities.com/~korelano/

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.