next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Breeding query

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Breeding query
Brand Nizzle
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3719

Member Rated:
posted 05-22-2005 05:58 PM      Profile for Brand Nizzle     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Basically, I only breed for egg moves only, and I need some help with breeding tm moves before I waste my time.

Okay, say I teach earthquake to a male Altaria and breed it with a female Bagon/Shelgon/Salamence. Since the resulting egg will be the lowest stage of the female, (Bagon) will it recieve the earthquake move even though it can't learn the earthquake tm until it is in its Salamence form?

Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 05-22-2005 08:14 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No. A move will only pass on to the child if it can learn it via leveling up (in that case, both parents must know the move), if the Pokemon can learn it via TM, and/or if it's an Egg Move for that species.

Because Bagon cannot learn Earthquake by any of these means, it cannot get Earthquake.

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 05-22-2005 10:20 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you have Emerald, and a Zigzagoon at a high enough level, you can actually "PickUp" the TM for Earthquake, very handy...

- - - - -
even my mother thinks i'm an idiot

Brand Nizzle
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3719

Member Rated:
posted 05-23-2005 01:06 AM      Profile for Brand Nizzle     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bummer. Means I'll have to restart one of my carts. Even if I go with the Zigzagoon route, it'd take longer in the long run considering I'd have to level the thing up to nearly 100, and even then its not certain i'll even pick it up since the chances are extremely slim. God I wish the duplicate trick would still work. [Frown]

But yeah, thanks for the help guys.

Cullen
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3547

Member Rated:
posted 05-23-2005 09:01 AM      Profile for Cullen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you are going to restart then play with a team of zigzagoons (preferably traded in from another cart for the exp bonus). It only takes 600,000 exp to get a level 100 Linoone, which takes no time at all.

I did this when I played through Sapphire and now I've got plenty of high level Linoones for TM26 harvesting in Emerald.

[ 05-23-2005, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Cullen ]

From: Newcastle, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.