The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Sketching Explosion/Self Destruct

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sketching Explosion/Self Destruct
Rudoku
Farting Nudist
Member # 3451

Member Rated:
posted 08-26-2004 02:50 PM      Profile for Rudoku     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if you could do this an R/S/FR/LG 2-vs.-2? Basically, have a Damp pokemon out, something tries to blow up, fails, and let Smeargle sketch it. I dont think it'll work, but I'm curious.

- - - - -
Oro?

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-26-2004 07:59 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does Damp prevent an Explosion from happening? If the move fails, then it probably can't be sketched...

But it's worth a short... anyone wanna test?

Cullen
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3547

Member Rated:
posted 08-27-2004 03:31 AM      Profile for Cullen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe there is a glitch in R/S that means any move can be sketched. Basically Sketch copies the last move that the other player selected not actually used (i.e. saw the animation for it). So if a pokemon was asleep and the sleeping poke selected Explosion as it's move Sketch should copy it, even though the poke is fast asleep.

I haven't tested this myself so can anyone confirm? Should be too hard to set up - all you need is to get something with Explosion as it's only move into one of your Secret Bases, and have a faster Sporer on your team.

From: Newcastle, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2004 05:43 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I made a post earlier today thanking you but it seems to have disapeared... Did an evil mod destroy it?

Either way, thanks for the info on the glitch, did not know of that...

- - - - -
even my mother thinks i'm an idiot

PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 11-20-2004 07:32 PM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just tested this and it worked like a charm.

On Seven Island in Fire Red/Leaf Green, there is a Young Couple that uses Psyduck and Golduck in Double Battle. Both of these Pokémon have the Damp ability. Face them with a Smeargle and an Exploder. Have the Exploder try to go boom and Smeargle try to Skecth it. Make sure the exploder will go before Smeargle, of course. When Explosion fails, the user will still be around and Smeargle will be able to Skecth Explosion!

Dark_Togetic
Farting Nudist
Member # 3418

Member Rated:
posted 11-23-2004 04:11 PM      Profile for Dark_Togetic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Sketch... Does the trick to make Ditto learn *any* move work in RuSa/FireLeaf? o.o

http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/ultimatebb.php?ub b=get_topic;f=1;t=001253

If it still works, then that means we can finally have Exploding Dittos. *¬*

[EDIT: Nevermind... Finished reading the last posts on that topic. >_<]

[ 11-23-2004, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Dark_Togetic ]

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.