The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Something I'd LOVE to research, but can't...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Something I'd LOVE to research, but can't...
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 01-31-2002 10:30 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We all know that the Exp. Share transfers level experience to the holding Pokemon, and the Lucky Egg doubles level experience on the holder. But what happens if both are in play at the same time?

Example:

I'm raising two Pokemon simultaneously- a L40 Flareon and my newly hatched L5 Omanyte. Flareon's got a Lucky Egg (I WISH), and Omanyte has an Experience share.

Flareon whups a Tangela for what would normally be 978 Experience. Omanyte would normally pick up 489 via Experience Share. However, the Lucky Egg brings the EXP for the fight to 1956.

Question: Will Omanyte get 489 Experience or 978 (as Flareon does for having the Lucky Egg)?

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dark Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 1289

Member Rated:
posted 01-31-2002 11:26 PM      Profile for Dark Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Flareon gets the 1.5 boost, and Omanyte just gets 489. The usual experience is just didvided by two, given to the pokemon with Exp. Share, and then Flareon gets its half multiplied by 1.5.
no boost for the omanyte.
That's why I usually start with the hatchling and then switch to the more experienced critter to kill off the wild pokemon, it gives them both the 1.5 boost.

From: I hope you explode violently tomorrow. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 02-01-2002 06:09 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lucky Eggs suck.

And to think, I have two of them.

- - - - -
¿µ?

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 02-01-2002 02:48 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gonk's got two Lucky Eggs of his own, if you know what I mean...
From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
FireMagmar
Farting Nudist
Member # 2238

Member Rated:
posted 02-01-2002 03:53 PM      Profile for FireMagmar   Email FireMagmar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lucky Egg actually is good...Piggybacking isn't. I recommend fighting lv5 or lower Pokés for hatchlings.
Dark Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 1289

Member Rated:
posted 02-01-2002 07:16 PM      Profile for Dark Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I recommend using Lucky Eggs WITH Pokérus infection. That's how I've raised most of my critters thus far, and they were all maxed out by the time they reached level 100.
From: I hope you explode violently tomorrow. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 02-03-2002 05:39 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Piggybacking is faster until you get into the thirties - But really the only reasons you'd be piggybacking is:
A) Moves to breed
B) Evolution for Pokedex

Either way, it's easier to piggyback against the E4 and then only use a Lucky Egg for the levels where the Pokemon is too high in to get a significant enough boost from piggybacking.

Pokerus+Lucky Egg is okay, but unless you have a good training schedule, you'll still be looking at box tricking that thing and box tricking is boring.

[ 02-03-2002: Message edited by: Mu ]

- - - - -
¿µ?

Mana Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 905

Member Rated:
posted 02-03-2002 07:23 PM      Profile for Mana Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Mana Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm... Haven't been here in a while.

I Don't use either, cause

1) I am unlucky, and I no got Lucky egg

2) I piggy back only until it is strong enough (Lv5) and then I go back WAAAYYYYYY Back to fight there...

Wierd wierd me...

- - - - -
[Sig deleted due to User being a Panda Lover.]

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 02-04-2002 09:51 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Piggybacking isn't [good].

Explain this.

- - - - -
[insert sig here]

brian
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2550

Member Rated:
posted 02-06-2002 02:09 AM      Profile for brian        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i thought that the lucky egg only worked on chansey but oh well

- - - - -
Image by FlamingText.com

Mana Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 905

Member Rated:
posted 02-06-2002 08:30 AM      Profile for Mana Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Mana Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Piggy backing is not good....

I think is because the piggybacking poke does not get STAT EXP!

no stat eXP = rare candy level up. you'll be better off using rare candies then...

Me thinks

- - - - -
[Sig deleted due to User being a Panda Lover.]

Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 02-06-2002 09:30 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Of course nobody uses Piggybacking for anything but getting moves to breed and evolutions for the Pokedex, those who would have sharked Rare Candies to skip the tedium
So piggybacking is great.

Lucky Egg only comes from Chanseys but works on everyone.
Piggybacking splits ALL Exp in two, including Stat Exp.

- - - - -
¿µ?

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.