The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » What Speed has to do with Breeding

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What Speed has to do with Breeding
Mewbot
Farting Nudist
Member # 1473

Rate Member
posted 01-29-2001 06:55 PM      Profile for Mewbot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, I'm new at these boards...I'm "board hopping" a bit.

Well, onto the topic-

When a Female egg is produced, it gets the dad's DVs/Genes. If a Male egg is produced, it gets the Mom's DVs/Genes.

It gets the Defense DV directly, and the special DV either directly or inversely. The Attack and Speed are random.

Here's where Speed comes in---

If the Egg is a Male, and the Dad's speed is odd, the Special DV is passed directly. If the speed is even, it is passed inversely.

The same thing works with a Female egg, but the Mom's speed determines the passing...

Dat's all, folks!

EDIT-clearing somthing up in the post!

------------------
Never underestimate the radish.

[This message has been edited by Mewbot (edited 01-29-2001).]

NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 01-29-2001 07:12 PM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Survey says....

*buzzing noise*

I'm sorry.

</Family Feud>

Anyways, Speed is random. Completely. 1/16 chance of getting desired DV (10 for Shiny or 15 for max).

*runs away*

------------------
-NickWhiz1: The Eternal NoA Hater
<StarCaliber> Weird how ET and NickWhiz are never on at the same time...
<StarCaliber> Yet both online a ton.
<StarCaliber> Very weird.
-StarCaliber, #PBSpkmn, 12/23/00
NickWhiz1's Pokemon Domain, the worst Pokemon site in existence XD

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mewbot
Farting Nudist
Member # 1473

Rate Member
posted 01-29-2001 07:30 PM      Profile for Mewbot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wasn't saying that the Speed is passed on...I was saying that how the Special is passed is determined by the Speed...I know that Speed is completely random.

------------------

Cuban B
Farting Nudist
Member # 1119

Member Rated:
posted 01-30-2001 03:40 PM      Profile for Cuban B   Email Cuban B   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ya know, i usually don't bother with posts like this, but goddamn you're an obnoxious little git.

that is all.

-CB

quote:
Originally posted by NickWhiz1:
Survey says....

*buzzing noise*

I'm sorry.

</Family Feud>

Anyways, Speed is random. Completely. 1/16 chance of getting desired DV (10 for Shiny or 15 for max).

*runs away*

------------------
"Yo, I'm Cuban, B!"
"Yes! Cuban B!"
-Scarface & Samson

[This message has been edited by Cuban B (edited 01-30-2001).]

waruimewtwo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1328

Member Rated:
posted 01-30-2001 11:13 PM      Profile for waruimewtwo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are you sure? So a Ditto with odd speed and max Spcl would pass it directly?

Interesting...

------------------

Mewbot
Farting Nudist
Member # 1473

Rate Member
posted 01-31-2001 06:39 PM      Profile for Mewbot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Waruimewtwo....a Max-special Ditto will pass the Special DV directly if its partner is odd-speeded.

------------------

waruimewtwo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1328

Member Rated:
posted 02-01-2001 01:08 AM      Profile for waruimewtwo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, oh, oh i get it.

Thanks, i didn't realize before that you said male offspring and male parent.

------------------

*HeRaCr0sS*
Farting Nudist
Member # 1193

Member Rated:
posted 02-02-2001 06:49 PM      Profile for *HeRaCr0sS*     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Have you tested this for yourself? I had like four boxes of bred Mankey, Eevee, and Pinsir(all bred with a maxed out Ditto), and I can swear that several of the males had Special DV's of 7.
Unfortunately, I recently deleted'em cuz I needed more box room. But I can distinctly remember having males with Special DV's of 7.

------------------
Quik PokéFunnies! Topic: Idiot's Guide to Pojo
"...the enemy switched his Magneton for a Mewtwo, I laughed, I knew i could take it with one Double Edge. The Mewtwo used a reflect. I was fully paralyzed. He used another Reflect, I did an Double Edge, only took like, 4th of his health. I was getting worried now. So i used a rest, with Mint Berry, I woke up that turn, he used another Reflect..." - Remy
[POLL]What brought you to Azure?

waruimewtwo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1328

Member Rated:
posted 02-03-2001 03:32 AM      Profile for waruimewtwo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Explanation to the best of my knowledge:

The pokemon that hatches gets its defense dv and spcl. dv influenced by the parent that is of the opposite gender. i.e. Female offspring gets stats from male parent.

However, what mewbot revealed was that the other parent contributes to how the special dv will be passed down. The other parent's speed will determine if the special dv of the same gender parent is passed down directly or inversely.

We need to test this by breeding one odd speed dv pokemon with ditto and one even speed dv pokemon with it as well. After many eggs hatch, we will know the answer.

------------------

Mewbot
Farting Nudist
Member # 1473

Rate Member
posted 02-03-2001 09:47 AM      Profile for Mewbot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
New info about this-

The speed-breeding doesn't make it work 100% of the time, it just greatly increases the chances...to somewhere between 75-90%.

Example-I breeded a shiny Gyarados with a Female Exans, hatched lots of Ekans. All of the females hatched were 10/2. The Ekans had a speed DV of 0. So, the thingy worked that way.

ON THE OTHER HAND---

I breeded a 10/10 Female Eevee (child of the Arbok) with a male-odd-speeder. The chances of me getting a 10/10 was about 75-90%.

So, the speed doesn't exactly determine it, it just increases the chances.

------------------

Mewbot
Farting Nudist
Member # 1473

Rate Member
posted 02-03-2001 09:50 AM      Profile for Mewbot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now..all we need is a Ditto...I'll breed it with a Magikarp! Fast eggs! I'll try to make better tests...

------------------

Jenova
Farting Nudist
Member # 727

Member Rated:
posted 02-03-2001 10:42 AM      Profile for Jenova   Author's Homepage   Email Jenova   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NickWhiz1:
Survey says....

*buzzing noise*

I'm sorry.

</Family Feud>

Nooo! Thats Family Fortunes! Its Evil!
Our survey says....Uh-UUUUUUUH
Dont you hate it when people make that noise at you? You usually get covered in spittle.
Phtt-phHHHHHHHHHHT *wipes spit off face*
Thanks....

Mewbot
Farting Nudist
Member # 1473

Rate Member
posted 02-04-2001 12:25 PM      Profile for Mewbot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Starting tests. Breeding an Odd-speeded Karp with a Ditto. I'll post the results when I'm done.

------------------

Mewbot
Farting Nudist
Member # 1473

Rate Member
posted 02-04-2001 10:34 PM      Profile for Mewbot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
First (semi) test

On my quest for breeding for Shinys, I got 10 eevee eggs. A female 10/10 Eevee breeded with an Odd-speeder. Out of 10, 8 were passed directly.

Then, the thingy that led me to discover this-an even-speeded Bok breeded with a Shiny Gyarados bred 100% inversely-passed Eggs, while an Odd-speeder passed Directs. So, that was about 6/6 inversely-passed when bred with an Odd-speeder.

And then there's Ditto. When telling Moltres23 about the tests I was going to make with Ditto breeding with an Odd-speeded Karp, he said that since Ditto passed all the stats no matter what, that Ditto's speed determined the passing. And, he might just be right! I'll test the Ditto thingy, though.

So, these are my updates for tonight.

------------------

waruimewtwo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1328

Member Rated:
posted 02-05-2001 01:47 AM      Profile for waruimewtwo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mewbot:

And then there's Ditto. When telling Moltres23 about the tests I was going to make with Ditto breeding with an Odd-speeded Karp, he said that since Ditto passed all the stats no matter what, that [b]Ditto's
speed determined the passing. And, he might just be right! I'll test the Ditto thingy, though.

[/B]

Actually, your method is correct. When you said male offspring and male parent, you really mean child and non-stat passing parent. As you probably know, males get stats from female parents and vice versa. But whenever ditto breeds, all stats are passed down from it. So the other pokemon, in this case magikarp, is the one to determine directly passing and inversely passing stats. Ditto can't determine stats for itself, that'd seem weird. Think about it.

------------------

Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 02-05-2001 12:22 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

I was right with you, until somewhere in the middle...

So... This means that if I want a baby to get max special, the odds will increase greatly if poke A has max special, and poke B is odd-speeded? Should poke A be male or female?

------------------
"Since when was this post a place used for arguing about Electabuzz DVs?! I seriously don't think anyone else here cares about that." -kikered

Mewbot
Farting Nudist
Member # 1473

Rate Member
posted 02-05-2001 05:07 PM      Profile for Mewbot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lark-here it is

To have about an 80% chance of getting max special---

Poke B must be odd-speeded. If Poke A is Male, then the max-special baby will be a female. If pokeA is a Female, the max-special baby will be male.

Dat's all!

EDIT-Wari, you are probably correct about the Ditto thingy...
*resumes testing*

------------------

[This message has been edited by Mewbot (edited 02-05-2001).]

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.