The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Super Defense?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Super Defense?
kikered
Farting Nudist
Member # 830

Member Rated:
posted 03-13-2001 08:09 AM      Profile for kikered   Email kikered   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A question about Barrier and Light Screen. If you Barrier up all the way and then use Reflect, does the "50% Defense Boost" 50% of your original Defense or 50% of your modified Defense? It might work very well as a "Super Defense" thing for things with very low Defense.

------------------
"Standards my arse!"
-Me

AIM: kikered

ickle
Farting Nudist
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
posted 03-13-2001 12:33 PM      Profile for ickle     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure that it is your original defence that increases by 50% and not your mofified defence.

------------------
"Philippa Forrester's vagina is 15cm's long." -Quote from a poster in my biology room.

From: Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 03-13-2001 02:50 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The whole story can be found here:
http://azureheights.com/attacks/comp/statmods.htm

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 03-13-2001 07:07 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure that Reflect halves your def and quarters your opponent's atk. So if you barrier three times, then Reflect, your final value would be 200% of it's original, and your opponent would be at 50% atk. This is to prevent exceeding the cap, which would crash you back down to single digits.

The above statement is in reference to GS mechanics as outlined at PD.
------------------
"The fact of the matter is, I'm fucking brilliant. Not was brilliant, am brilliant."-Pete Townsend

"M2 users hate everything and have small penises."-Wintermute

[This message has been edited by Automaton (edited 03-14-2001).]

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2001 12:39 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Couldn't it just apply the variables later? Like as in, after the mysterious 10 bit cap was applied? Do you have numerical evidence for this assertion? That would mean that it would have to re-quarter the attack of new monsters as they switched in...

Basically, do you have any test data?

Wouldn't that show up in the older test?

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2001 05:24 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was simply quoting what is on Darryn's move intro at PD. And since Reflect and Light Screen are global effect moves, you would NOT have to reuse it in case of a switch, for the same reason you wouldn't have to reuse it if you switched.

------------------
"The fact of the matter is, I'm fucking brilliant. Not was brilliant, am brilliant."-Pete Townsend

"M2 users hate everything and have small penises."-Wintermute

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2001 06:06 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...I think we're having a chromatic/metallic disconnect...
From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
DragoniteJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 815

Member Rated:
posted 03-16-2001 11:21 PM      Profile for DragoniteJ   Author's Homepage   Email DragoniteJ   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I tested this a while ago by using Relfect and multiple Curses together. It turns out that it resets your defense just like Marowak's attack can reset when it has the Thick Club. When a level 100 max defense, 519 HP Snorlax is killed by a single Body Slam from Red's Snorlax one begins to suspect things.

------------------
Please visit my website at http://www.geocities.com/dragonitej/main.html
team is aswam granbul,donphan,togipe&farlagater all lv:100" - newbie

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.