The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » A couple of stupid questions.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A couple of stupid questions.
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 12-10-2000 08:56 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
#1. Can a Pokemon can be under the effects of Attract and Confusion at the same time?

#2. Is Attract's effect indefinate (until switching)?

#3. Does Swagger only last for two turns?

#4. What's the deal with Pain Split?

#5. What's the difference other than PP between Protect and Detect? I did some work on this a few months ago, but didn't come up with any real answers.

#6. Where can I get Miracleberries?

#7. The game appears to remember what Pokemon are traded through the Time Capsule, as it doesn't let you get multiples of items by trading, say, a Snorlax back and forth. Will it ever "forget"?

------------------
ÇÃt-gôÑk®: NÔvê·Va£¡Às·§TârR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
¿Dº ¥õü ßè!iÈvë Ïn G¤dDìsh?
@iM: CatGonk | !rÇ: Tourmaline | I<Q: 83851495
tH3 K¡ttÝ l1Ttér þó)(: --[ http://catgonk.cjb.net ]--

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 12-10-2000 09:03 AM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

Only from using Mystery Gift with GBC's infrared port.

#7. The game appears to remember what Pokemon are traded through the Time Capsule, as it doesn't let you get multiples of items by trading, say, a Snorlax back and forth.

It does? Crap!

Maybe if you wait a few days... or turn the power off after trading the Snolax back to RBY... *shrugs*

EDIT: I checked EAGB's old list... the Miracle Nut may only be obtainable from Pocket Pikachu 2 infrared linking, and having 600-699 watts.

EDIT AGAIN I checked at the Pokémasters site, and it is possible to get a Miracle Berry through teh Mystery Gift with another G/S cart, but it's not a common item.

------------------
Project: Metronome - pub2.ezboard.com/bprojectmetronome

There is no telling what will happen.

[This message has been edited by PikachuThunder (edited 12-10-2000).]

Ravashack
Farting Nudist
Member # 128

Member Rated:
posted 12-10-2000 08:14 PM      Profile for Ravashack     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pain Split averages Hit points AFAIK. Use it on Chansey, or other pokés with more hit points than Misdreavus/Weezing.

------------------

Farting Nudist
Member # 836

Member Rated:
posted 12-11-2000 08:18 PM      Profile for Newbie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

Swagger can be used up to three times in a row to raise the attack, but the confusion last just as any does. I forgot if it maybe used again against the enemy

------------------
[Sig deleted due to absurd short length.]

Land und Leute
HETEROSEXUAL
Member # 1040

Member Rated:
posted 12-22-2000 11:01 PM      Profile for Land und Leute   Email Land und Leute   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ravashack, what does AFAIK stand for again?

------------------
"Your cheeseburger used TRI ATTACK!"

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 12-23-2000 01:08 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As Far As I Know (i used caps!)

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
www.myplanet.net/weaselgrip/spunman

The Mad DoctorX
Farting Nudist
Member # 1223

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2000 01:54 PM      Profile for The Mad DoctorX   Email The Mad DoctorX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll answer all your questions, but could you tell me the ranking level, her, in TPM it's beggining, junior, cool, advanced, etc. ^_^

#1. Can a Pokemon can be under the effects of Attract and Confusion at the same time?

Yes it can, and this makes a very good combo leaving the opponent not attacking for 90% of the time.

#2. Is Attract's effect indefinate (until switching)?

Another yes

No it lasts up to five just like in confusion.

#4. What's the deal with Pain Split?

This moves evens out yours and opponents HP. For example if your fighting a Blissey w/713 and your at 50 HP, use pain split and the two numbers will average up bringing your HP to full health. It can also bring you down.

#5. What's the difference other than PP between Protect and Detect? I did some work on this a few months ago, but didn't come up with any real answers.

I'm not sure, but I think there exactly the same.

With a gameshark or w/ the GBC infared port w/ mystery gift.

#7. The game appears to remember what Pokemon are traded through the Time Capsule, as it doesn't let you get multiples of items by trading, say, a Snorlax back and forth. Will it ever "forget"?

For me no, could someone clarify this.

------------------

Moltres23
Farting Nudist
Member # 26

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2000 02:38 PM      Profile for Moltres23   Email Moltres23   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've done a little research concerning Protect and Detect. Here's the differences I've found thus far.

1. Protect has 10 PP, Detect has 5 PP, thus, Protect is better.

2. Protect can be learned by everyone who can TM. Detect is restricted to a select few.

3. Both of them end in "TECT"

^_^;;; There really is no difference between the two moves. I've tried and tried and I haven't found anything worth using about Detect. I suppose if you wanted extra stalling power, you could put both Protect and Detect on the same pokemon. The can't be used alternatively with guaranteed effect, so that's worthless.

However, Protect does not protect against such effects as Mean Look, Spider Web, Screech, and other Mistable moves. I think Detect may protect against such things, but I can't be sure at all. WHY didn't I test THAT????

*goes to test*

------------------
No matter what you read or what you're told, experience will always yeild the truth.
-Moltres23

Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2000 09:03 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, and one more thing...

If you use a sleep move on a Pokemon which is already asleep, does it wake up at the next possible moment?

I accidentally Sleep Powdered a few Pokemon too many times with my Jumpluff, and they always seemed to wake up directly afterwards. I ran a few tests, but only about 10, and each time the Pokemon woke up as soon as I tried to Sleep it again.

I think this may have been built in to stop people from repeatedly putting the same Pokemon to sleep. However, due to the new rules (attack when you wake up), it wouldn't have the same impact as it did in RBY Stadium, where by repeating Sleep Powder every second turn you could hold your opponent down for extended periods of time.

------------------
ÇÃt-gôÑk®: NÔvê·Va£¡Às·§TârR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
¿Dº ¥õü ßè!iÈvë Ïn G¤dDìsh?
@iM: CatGonk | !rÇ: Tourmaline | I<Q: 83851495
tH3 K¡ttÝ l1Ttér þó)(: --[ http://catgonk.cjb.net ]--

"Your strategies are flawed and very beatable."
- Flying Destiny, TPMer.

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.