The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Oddish Memorial Lecture Hall   » What is the closest thing to a team without ultimates then?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is the closest thing to a team without ultimates then?
bent
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3702

posted 08-09-2004 09:52 AM      Profile for bent     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No one has been here recently, but i'm sure everyone agrees that there is a much larger diversity of pokemon in teams if ultimates are banned. So what makes a powerful non-ultimate team?

This is my version of a non-ultimate team. Many standards though.

Absol - SwordsDance,Attract,Return,ShadowBall
Milotic - Surf,Icebeam,Recover,ConfuseRay
Gardevoir - Calm Mind,Psychic,Thunderbolt,Will-wisp
Blaziken - FocusEnergy,BlazeKick,Rock Slide,Brick Break
Armaldo - SwordsDance,Ancientpower,AerialAce,Earthquake
Vileplume - Aromatherapy,Sunny day,Solar beam,Moonlight

Skarmory
Farting Nudist
Member # 1850

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2004 02:42 AM      Profile for Skarmory   Email Skarmory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
RS 200 Standards:

Zangoose, Regice, Slaking, Salamence, Registeel, Metagross, Dusclops, Milotic, Skarmory, Magneton and Swampert.

A lot of teams have most of these Pokemon, in 200 play there really isn't much diversity possible until "386" and "FRLG"

I know Fire Red/Leaf Green (FRLG) isn't out yet in English, but many people play it now online. This allows all 386 Pokemon to be used at will. There are MANY different options for this mode which is why I love it, but here are some of the standards and most powerful things used to create the "best" teams.

Jolteon, Metagross, Skarmory, Salamence, Aerodactyl, Blissey, Milotic, Dusclops, Zapdos, Raikou, Suicune, Dugtrio, Venusaur and Blaziken.

Most "standard" teams will have a bunch of these Pokemon, but generally teams will have only 2-3 of these. Nontheless, using a team completely comprised of the above Pokemon will give you good chances to win.

Note: I've probably forgotten some standards, but I'm just doing this off the top of my head for now. Hope it helps anyways.

- - - - -
If I had a funny quote, I'd put it here.

The Muffin King
Farting Nudist
Member # 2240

Member Rated:
posted 08-24-2004 07:25 PM      Profile for The Muffin King   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been out of the loop for a while, but can someone tell me why Venusaur and Dugtrio are now good?
TeLeFonE
X-treme rotary telephone
Member # 2293

Member Rated:
posted 08-24-2004 09:58 PM      Profile for TeLeFonE   Email TeLeFonE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dugtrio has Arena Trap which makes it so only flying/levitate pokemon can switch out. All others are stuck. So when you sacrifice a pokemon to weaken an opponent's, you bring in Dugtrio with its maxed attack/speed with choice band and grab the KO.

Venusaur... I'm not exactly sure besides the fact that it has decent all around stats, sleep powder, leech seed, and a stab attack to hit blissey (sludge bomb). I'm not all that impressed with Venusaur... it could also be something to switch in against leech seeding Celebi that have become popular with a SE attack to hit it with... not completely sure on that one which is probably why im not a big fan of it.

- - - - -
fuck this username is gay

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.