The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Oddish Memorial Lecture Hall   » Medicham

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Medicham
1970Beetle
Farting Nudist
Member # 933

Member Rated:
posted 09-25-2003 01:08 AM      Profile for 1970Beetle   Author's Homepage   Email 1970Beetle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
First off, I'd like to say that I've been away far too long. I was kinda off Pokemon for the summer, but I've gotten back into my Sapphire cart lately. The growing hype of these Red/Green remakes is getting me interested again as well.

Anyways, back to my question. I was recently breeding and hatched a Meditite. The mommy was a level 27 Meditite I caught on Mt. Pyre, and a level 38 Kadabra served as the daddy. The baby came girl came with both Psychic and Reflect, on top of Meditate and Bide.

I picked this Pokemon cause I was getting tired of Kadabra, and it looked like an interesting Psychic alternative. I wouldn't necessarily use it for a human battle, but it's fine for in-game use I think.

I'm trying to work on a final moveset. Any suggestions? So far, I've got this:

Medicham (Female, Pure Power)
-Psychic
-Hi Jump Kick/Break Break
-Recover
-Reflect/some TM move

One more thing. Right now it has Hidden Power, and it actually appears to be HP-Fighting. I'm not sure of the base power yet though. Thanks for reading. It's good to be back...

From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 09-25-2003 12:13 PM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What's it's Personality?
I like Medicham, but I'm not really a Psychic or Fighting user, so...meh
Does Pure Power increases the strength of physical attack moves, or just attack moves in general?

Maybe take Bulk Up over Reflect? Since it gives you an attack boost too. A +SpDef personality would suit that move pretty well.
It could also use Reversal, if you had a +Spd personality.

~Bulk Up
~Psychic
~Recover
~Reversal/Hi Jump Kick

I'd think Brick Break is best if you're facing someone who likes using Light Screen/Reflect a lot, otherwise there are better moves for that slot.

Medicham doesn't have very good Atk/SpAtk strengths, but with Pure Power and Bulk Up, I think it could do okay.

[ 09-25-2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: Tenshi no Myu ]

- - - - -
It hung on with Focus Band!

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
1970Beetle
Farting Nudist
Member # 933

Member Rated:
posted 09-25-2003 04:54 PM      Profile for 1970Beetle   Author's Homepage   Email 1970Beetle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The personality of my Meditite is Sassy. This is +SpDf, -Speed. Not exactly what I'd have chosen, but it's not bad. This kinda rules out the Reversal idea, but it adds new considerations to using Bulk Up.

Pure Power raises the physical Attack stat only. I guess that's helpful on a Fighting type.

The reason I was thinking Break Break wasn't for it's Reflect/Light Screen shattering, but more for it's base damage and accuracy. Break Break is 75/100, while Hi Jump Kick is 85/90. HJK also does that stupid 25% recoil if you miss.

I had considered Focus Punch, but it's far too unreliable, without Double Team at least. Even then, by the time I had it all ready to hit w/ Focus Punch, they'd have switched in a Ghost or anything else resistant to Fighting.

This might be the final set then, following. Any more ideas/criticism/suggestions?

Medicham (Female, Pure Power, Sassy)
-Psychic
-Recover
-Bulk Up
-Brick Break/Hi Jump Kick

Looks like we're getting somewhere here!

- - - - -
Why does everyone hate Cloyster?

Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 09-25-2003 05:18 PM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If you don't trust your luck w/90% accuracy, then I'd say go for Brick Break. (Personally, I like being a bit risky sometimes for power ^_-)

It depends on your style of play, I suppose. ^_^

- - - - -
It hung on with Focus Band!

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
1970Beetle
Farting Nudist
Member # 933

Member Rated:
posted 09-26-2003 12:03 AM      Profile for 1970Beetle   Author's Homepage   Email 1970Beetle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's not the 90% accuracy that scares me. I use Iron Tail, believe it or not. It's that 25% damage recoil when it misses that bothers me. Medicham isn't much for high HP.

Otherwise, I really like the way this topic is proving to be fruitful. I think I'm gonna put up another one with the rest of my team. Thanks.

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 09-26-2003 11:47 PM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well I would say not to use Psychic considering its abysmal SpA, but if it's just within the game I don't see why it'd matter.

Shadow Ball what

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
1970Beetle
Farting Nudist
Member # 933

Member Rated:
posted 09-27-2003 12:48 AM      Profile for 1970Beetle   Author's Homepage   Email 1970Beetle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This bugger learns Shadowball?!? How did I miss that?

This news might change everything...

RLPSJStyle
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2816

Member Rated:
posted 10-29-2003 12:34 PM      Profile for RLPSJStyle     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Medicham can work with Choice Band as well, with

Brick Break
Shadow Ball
Bug HP
Focus Punch

This is at lesat what I use, and Brick Break alone, with Choice Band, KOd three straight pokes in a few of my battles prior.

Just an alternative idea.

- - - - -
:| ©

IDLon2000
Farting Nudist
Member # 3556

Member Rated:
posted 11-20-2003 01:32 AM      Profile for IDLon2000     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I prefer BPing Medicham

Medicham

Baton Pass
Bulk Up/Calm Mind
Bulk Up/Calm Mind/Recover
Psychic/Hi Jump Kick

Medicham has meh stats but pure power helps some. Medicham will therefore have considerably higher SPATT than ATK so if you want to make a sweeper moveset plan according that.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.