The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Celebi in Crystal?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Celebi in Crystal?
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 06-26-2001 12:06 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
From Nintendo Power:
Q: Can I catch Celebi in Gold and Silver?
A: No. Celebi is a special Pokemon like Mew, and it cannot be caught in any Pokemon game. Sorry!

This, featured in the same issue as their crystal preview.. could it be that Celebi won't be in Crystal? This, combined w/ their current Postcard-style Celebi giveaway, not to mention the fact that in the above quote they compared it to Mew, would lead me to believe the worst. Damn Nintendo... more reasons to use my shark...

------------------
"how can u tell a shiny pokemon from a normal pokemon?"
-Team_Rockets_Arcanine @ The Pokegym

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Marril
Farting Nudist
Member # 51

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2001 03:37 PM      Profile for Marril     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What? *checks their site*

Damn them all to Hell...

------------------
"But, it was so artistically done."
--Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words,
Star Wars: The Last Command

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 06-27-2001 11:18 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They never took any Pokémon out of a game before, and now they've gone out of their way to keep the once Mobile Adapter-required Battle Tower and Egg Ticket features in. At this time, I have faith that we'll see the GS Ball and Celebi in the English Pokémon Crystal.

--Meowth346

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2001 12:44 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Meowth346:
They never took any Pokémon out of a game before

I don't know about the rest of what u said (u know a lot more about the JP version than i do ), but doesn't Mew fit that frame? And Celebi seems to be following the same path.. still hoping though.

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 06-28-2001 05:30 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
More about Mew and the Japanese/English versions -_-

For those that don't know, Mew was never made obtainable (be legal means) within a Pokémon game. No matter what the language of the game. In the Japanese version, you get a Diploma for filling a PokéDex of 150. The Truck by the SS Anne is like an Easter Egg--something that the programmers put in. It's nothing more.

Nintendo of America didn't take Mew out of the games, as techincally Mew was never in them.

PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2001 06:01 AM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
More about Mew and the Japanese/English versions -_-

For those that don't know, Mew was never made obtainable (be legal means) within a Pokémon game. No matter what the language of the game. In the Japanese version, you get a Diploma for filling a PokéDex of 150. The Truck by the SS Anne is like an Easter Egg--something that the programmers put in. It's nothing more.

Nintendo of America didn't take Mew out of the games, as techincally Mew was never in them.

This is true...

as I recall, many people appeared when Nintendo began giving away Mews in Japan.... more people than they expected. I doubt they'd have gone through all that trouble to show up if Mew had been available in Red, Blue, Green, or Yellow.

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2001 09:25 AM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PikachuThunder:
This is true...

as I recall, many people appeared when Nintendo began giving away Mews in Japan.... more people than they expected. I doubt they'd have gone through all that trouble to show up if Mew had been available in Red, Blue, Green, or Yellow.

Exactly. If I remember correctly, at first, Japan got Mew in the same way we did, more or less (through special events like Spaceworld or a Nintendo sponsored event). Later, a more permanent means of obtaining Mew was made. Namely the devices at the Pokemon Center stores in Tokyo and Kyoto.

Besides, even if NoA removed Mew from the game, it doesn't help there business any. One could easily walk into a Nintendo sponsored event, get Mew, and leave. Heck, I went to the "Toys R Us" Mew giveaway. I walked in, got the card with the stickers on it, and left. I didn't buy anything. Now if NoA was charging money, I'd be a bit suspicious. But from what I've seen, Mew is a free gift, not a wallet sucking gimmick (which would probably be the point of removing Mew if it was obtainable in the game).

Back to Celebi. If you ask me, the whole "Celebi is not in Gold and Silver" doesn't mean it's not in Crystal. Heck, they didn't even mention Crystal in the question. Also, if Nintendo said you could get Celebi in Crystal, then the current contest would be a failure. Because everyone would say "screw this contest then" and wait for Crystal.

Actually, in Japan they did something similar to this contest, but it was at last year's Spaceworld. This was before Crystal came out. Let me see if I can find the article ... Ah, here it is. Kinda sounds like what they did when Mew was first available

http://pocket.ign.com/news/24358.html

------------------

[This message has been edited by Crimzonite (edited 06-28-2001).]

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2001 08:44 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
For those that don't know, Mew was never made obtainable (be legal means) within a Pokémon game.

Well there goes my whole theory.. I had always been under the impression that Mew was given to u after u got 150 in the JP version.. oh well.

------------------

Ransu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1697

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 10:34 AM      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
They never took any Pokémon out of a game before, and now they've gone out of their way to keep the once Mobile Adapter-required Battle Tower and Egg Ticket features in. At this time, I have faith that we'll see the GS Ball and Celebi in the English Pokémon Crystal.

--Meowth346

In the newest NP they talked about all the major changes in Crystal and Celebi and the differ Pokemon Center in Goldenrod was not one of them, I am pretty sure they took them both out

------------------
"There once were two men, who traveled the same path for ten years, but found completely different truths. So I think if I wander for ten years, I'll find my own truth." --Seta Soujirou

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 02:23 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ransu:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Meowth346:

--Meowth346

In the newest NP they talked about all the major changes in Crystal and Celebi and the differ Pokemon Center in Goldenrod was not one of them, I am pretty sure they took them both out

[/B][/QUOTE]

And if you check the section of the magazine that describes the stuff that will appear in next month's issue, it says that they will talk about Crystal more, including "even more info about the new Crystal-only features". I wouldn't take the current article on Crystal as info on the
whole game. Heck, I won't take any Nintendo Power article as info on the whole game.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that the current issue hasn't described everything (note, they didn't mention the Move Tutor).

I don't see why they'd remove Celebi. Removing it doesn't make them any richer. If it's in the game or not, I'm not going to be convinced until a better source tells me that it is or isn't in English Crystal.

Edit: In my humble opinion, I think leaving Celebi in Crystal would actually increase game sales. Another reason why NoA wouldn't remove Celebi. Not proof, just another reason. ^_^

[This message has been edited by Crimzonite (edited 06-30-2001).]

Mew's Dad
Farting Nudist
Member # 295

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2001 02:32 PM      Profile for Mew's Dad   Author's Homepage   Email Mew's Dad   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We'll find out when it is released.

------------------
Mew:A mythical Pokemon of South America which had been thought extinct. When viewed through a microscope this Pokemon's short fine delicate hair is seen. So rare it is still said to be a mirage by many experts. A growing number of people have seen it recently. It's DNA is said to contain the genetic codes of all Pokemon, so it can use all kinds of techniques. Apparently, it only appears to those people who are pure of heart and have strong desire to see it. Mew has only been seen in captivity a few times. As a result, Mew is extremely sought after by collectors.

Espeon
Farting Nudist
Member # 1713

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2001 12:30 AM      Profile for Espeon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thats just not on!
In japan when, u complete the pokedex in the cromatics u go to the director and u ARE GIVEN A MEW (in our english versoins we have to settle for a stinking diploma)>
So most it is most likely that we dont get celebi on english version , there ARE QUITE A few threads on this topic and all seem to say that we wont be able to catch celebi

That really bites!

*cough* gameshark *cough*

------------------

Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2001 08:03 AM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Espeon:
Thats just not on!
In japan when, u complete the pokedex in the cromatics u go to the director and u ARE GIVEN A MEW (in our english versoins we have to settle for a stinking diploma)>
So most it is most likely that we dont get celebi on english version , there ARE QUITE A few threads on this topic and all seem to say that we wont be able to catch celebi

That really bites!

*cough* gameshark *cough*

Erm. Weren't we just discussing this in this very same thread? Didn't we say the whole "NoA took Mew out of the game" is a rumor gone bad? Didn't I just mention several reasons why removing Mew from the game wouldn't help NoA's business any? Never mind. Just forget I said anything. 9_9

Meowth346: Maybe you should take some screenshots of the Diploma from the various versions of the Japanese game and put them on your site? That might help. ^_^;;

------------------

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 07-12-2001 11:40 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimzonite:
Meowth346: Maybe you should take some screenshots of the Diploma from the various versions of the Japanese game and put them on your site? That might help. ^_^;;

Gasp! How inspired! I'll do that right now! Edit: I've uploaded a page on it now ^_^ *Hopefully* it'll help at least a *few* people realize that Mew isn't gainable this way in *any* version!

--Meowth346

[This message has been edited by Meowth346 (edited 07-12-2001).]

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 06:12 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meowth,
"As you can see, every version gives out a diploma, not Mew, for completing the PokéDex. Mew is not available in any version of Pokémon (or Pocket Monsters) except for by means of glitch."

What glitch!?

------------------
"I'm used to being wrong, so don't worry about it." -Mick when asked to proove his claims.

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zerot
I pay schoolgirls to verbally abuse me.
Member # 1295

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 06:50 PM      Profile for Zerot   Author's Homepage   Email Zerot   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the glitch involved renaming a Magikarp to Myuu or something. I am not sure, however it shouldn't be too hard to find out.

------------------
Zerot,
...yeah, while I'm at it I should also cave in yer face so you can't stop spewing all that shit from your mouth, maggot boy...

-TGD

"Zerot kicks ass."
-Automaton

From: Lizton, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 07-15-2001 07:31 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There are too many glitches to get Mew to name, but one involves using the 15th item to change a Pokémon into Mew (Mew's hex value is 15), and the name rater can change a Water Type (water's hex value is 15) Pokémon into Mew. Etc, etc, etc...

--Meowth346

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 08:45 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wait, so there are non-gameshark, non-bullshit ways to get Mew? Would you mind going into a little more detail on that? I've never heard anything about it...

------------------

Zerot
I pay schoolgirls to verbally abuse me.
Member # 1295

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 09:07 PM      Profile for Zerot   Author's Homepage   Email Zerot   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Japanese only.
From: Lizton, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-21-2001 08:09 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, my copy's yet to come in the mail, but I've seen several reliable people post this up as a direct quote from the latest issue of NP...
quote:
Q. "Can I catch Celebi in Crystal?"

A. "No, you can't. You can't catch Mew, either. Both Pokemon muct be given to you by Nintendo."

S'pose that does it.. NP's usually pretty reliable w/ this sort of statement...

------------------
Footitch: Gonk isn't wearing anything under his shirt/pants, which would be...
Gonk: Arousing?

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2001 06:19 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
pokemon.com used to say that Crystal had a new mysterious pokemon in it. This had to be Celebi (this was a while ago though, but the link to it may still exist) Now the site says Celebi can't be caught in "any" pkmn adventure. If this means what it easily could mean #### nintendo!

-MK

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2001 06:34 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"There are too many glitches to get Mew to name, but one involves using the 15th item to change a Pokémon into Mew (Mew's hex value is 15), and the name rater can change a Water Type (water's hex value is 15) Pokémon into Mew. Etc, etc, etc..."

Meowth, is there anyway to do anything like this in English Versions? If so, please elaborate. Thank you!

-MK

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2001 06:41 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For those who want to see how to fortunent Japanese players got Celebi in Japan click here

http://www.geocities.com/meowth346/gs/faq/legendary/faq_Celebi.htm

Once again courtesy of the one & only Meowth346!

If the English Version of Crystal doesn't allow you to get the G/S ball by some means, that will be it! I will refuse to buy it! That's the one thing that would've been coolest about it.

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 07-22-2001 11:20 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meowth, is there anyway to do anything like this in English Versions? If so, please elaborate. Thank you!

Nope. They all depended on a glitch in the game where if you pressed Select on one menu, then went to another menu, it would still think you've pressed Select. So, press Select on the 10th item, then go into battle and press Select on the 1st Attack. It's switch the 1st attack with the hex value of the 10th "attack" (9 hex values after the 1st attack's data), changing the 1st Attack to that data. In this way, you cn get about any attack on any Pokémon. Likewise, pick an item, then switch Pokémon at the Name Rater to change your Pokémon. However, this creates a VERY unstable Pokémon.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2001 11:43 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the info Meowth, so, the glitch only existed in Japan I'm guessing. Thanks.

-MK

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2001 02:18 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meowth346 told me that he would post it on his website and/or message board when he finds out if Celebi is obtainable in Crystal. So, only time may tell.

-MK

[This message has been edited by MK (edited 07-23-2001).]

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.