The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Onix Annex   » Azure Pokemon Center   » Do you "bond" with or "love" your team on a given cart?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you "bond" with or "love" your team on a given cart?
Nanashi
Farting Nudist
Member # 2926

Member Rated:
posted 07-08-2002 10:44 PM      Profile for Nanashi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As in, the Pokmeon you battle with.

I do. They're like virtual pets, but less whiney. I love them all the same. Especially Barbara the Clefairy (whom I beleive is my favorite Tamagotchi reincarnated), Dane the Alakazam (named for my best friend), and Kaiser the Mewtwo (a buddy I'm so fond of, I named a plushie for him!) This is probably to compensate for my cat, who died back in 2000.

What about you guys?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 21 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

- - - - -
MEWTWO: HOW ARE YOU BROCK. ALL YOUR NURSE JOY ARE BELONG TO US. YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO MACK MAKE YOUR TIME.

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 07-08-2002 11:40 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I will, one day, return Butterfree to my prime time team. [Big Grin]
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Artie Cuno
Linkin125473457539
Member # 1205

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2002 12:54 AM      Profile for Artie Cuno     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh hell yes. Why do you think I always use Raisuke? (Raisuke= Jolteon, first Pokèmon to level 100) Every new game, I bond with a different Pokèmon. My first game, it was a Pidgey. Second game, Charmander, third a Geodude, and so on. Fast forward to G/S/C: Ampharos, then Vulpix and now Raisuke the Jolteon. And Flame the pyromaniac... Vaporeon. (Very, very long story)

- - - - -
Piss off not the kittens, lest they claw your balls off.

From: A box in a swamp. With your sister. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2002 02:36 AM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm a freak. Once, at a family reunion, my family avoided me because I was talking to my Game Boy Color. I name my Pokemon, and develop a bond with them. I talk to them during battles (C'mon, Kitsune! Just last two more turns.... I know you can do it..). I have a few Pokemon plushies, which share names with their Game Boy counterparts.

I think this stems from the fact that I had multiple Tamagotchi when I was younger (I still have my Tamagotchi Game Boy game, and keep my Digimon virtual pet with me at all times).

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Triple Ply
Farting Nudist
Member # 2916

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2002 02:28 AM      Profile for Mr. Triple Ply     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i talk to my pokemon too they need the encouragement. especially in link battles which gets me laughed at.... alot [Frown]

- - - - -
Mr. K: But some people suck more than others.

I M A Pokeprofessional: Thus, in a well-ritten article, I shall explain my complete take on this situation.

From: out there somewhere nowhere elsewhere | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2002 08:16 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Porygone + Mr. Triple Ply = Double the insanity

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

Artie Cuno
Linkin125473457539
Member # 1205

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2002 01:13 AM      Profile for Artie Cuno     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
w00t! I have something in common with Porygone the great! I keep up a running commentary during battles. An example:
Raisuke: *is hit by an earthquake, survives with one HP*
Me: OUCH! Come on, 'Suke, you can do it!
Raisuke: *is KOed the next turn*
Me: *growls at the gameboy* You killed my fucking Jolteon, you bastard. Omae o korosuuuuuu!!! *busts Flame out* He killed your brother, Flame!
Flame: *kills the Pokèmon*
Me: Hah-ha! Take that, you bastard!
The sad thing is, that actually happened. *sigh* I'm ashamed of myself.

- - - - -
Piss off not the kittens, lest they claw your balls off.

From: A box in a swamp. With your sister. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2002 01:29 AM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fear the hentai dollies!

- - - - -
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"

Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2002 01:38 AM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My computer has word/notepad documents with stories of my battles.

I stared down my enemy. Bulbasaur's eyes stayed focued on his enemy. Everything grew silent as Misty prepared to command Starmie to fire off its next attack. Misty's eyes remained shut. She began breathing slowly and her slightly flat chest began to move in rhythm with her breaths.
"Starmie! Let 'em have it with a Bubblebeam!" Misty cried out, striking her trademark pose.
The core in the middle of Starmie began to shine dully. The shine became a brilliant flash as a cloud of bubbles rapidly shot out of it. The stream hit Bulbasaur full force. The bubbles sent Bulbasaur flying straight into the wall. I quickly rushed to Bulbasaur's side. He began breathing heavily and was struggling to stand. That Bubblebeam hit with more force than I had been able to anticipate.
My eyes watered up. My fault. This was my fault. If I had just let Bulbasaur evolve to Ivysaur, he might not have taken the damage he did. Maybe preventing his evolution so he could learn Sleep Powder faster wasn't the smartest idea. My worry and fear became rage and anger. How could I have done this to my Pokemon?
"BULBAAAAAAAA!" Bulbasaur screamed. He leapt to his feet, eyes wide with energy and ferocity. He looked into my eyes. "Bulba, bulba-bulbasaur. Bul-bulba!!!" he shouted to me.
I smiled. Bulbasaur was right. Bulbasaur and I turned to face the anorexic slut who ran this Gym.
Misty stared blankly at us. "What the fuck did he just say?" she wondered.

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Nanashi
Farting Nudist
Member # 2926

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2002 04:57 AM      Profile for Nanashi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Today, I was battling with Dick the PIkachu (as Bruce the Trainer. See a pattern?). Versus a L18 growlith. (Dick is L18)

Dick used THUNDERWAVE! Enemy GROWLITHE was paralyzed!

Enemy GROWLITHE used Bite!

Dick used DOUBLE TEAM!

Enemy GROWLITHE used BITE!

Dick used DOUBLE TEAM!

Enemy GROWLITHE is fully paralyzed!

Dick used DOUBLE TEAM!

Enemy GROWLITHE used EMBER!

Dick fainted!

Nanashi (IRL): *punches self very hard in the left thigh with left fist* FUUUU- ... .... dge. Ow.

(Note: The Growlithe never missed once. And I'm ambidextrous, but I gravitate toward lefthandedness. And the table I sit my gameboy on is to the right of my GB-playing Recliner)

That Pikachump has grown on me.

And so has my Sandshrew, Dirk, whom I'm going to miss a lot. I'm dropping him for a Gyrados after I beat ol' Lt. Horny (Lt. Surge). I'm so saaaaaad...

But at least I have Gordon, the loveable, cuddly, sweet Nidoking. Who can p\/\/|\| j00r f0u4-fiv3-fiv3.

Who loves Nidoking?
Nanashi loves Nidoking!
Is it true?
I do, I do, I do-oo!

(Gotta love Kenan & Kel)

- - - - -
MEWTWO: HOW ARE YOU BROCK. ALL YOUR NURSE JOY ARE BELONG TO US. YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO MACK MAKE YOUR TIME.

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2002 07:19 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I taunt the opposing Pokemon.

You'll often here me say "(insert Pokemon here), you ARE the weakest link. Goodbye." during a battle.

[Confused]

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Purple Lanturn
Farting Nudist
Member # 2168

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2002 07:27 PM      Profile for The Purple Lanturn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have a bond with all my pokemon, infact, anyone who lives in my house with a cartrige does. It's a normal thing in my house if you hear, "Hey everyone! Come quick! Caterpie's evolving! I'm so proud of him!", "Oooo look! Brushy's a daddy!"or "Let's go Vulpix, I believe in you! I know you can do it, I know you can! *sniff* " It's also a normal thing for people who visit our house to stare. We made Congratulations cards for her charizard when it had an egg in my game. Boy, am I sad.

- - - - -
It's too hard to think of a signature.

From: Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2002 11:32 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Purple Lanturn:
"Brushy's a daddy!"

LOFUCKINGL

- - - - -

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.