The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Fun Team0rz!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fun Team0rz!
Mewone
I have a pokemon as my username. I mean, come on.
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 12-25-2001 11:12 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wigglytuff
@Mint Berry
  • Double Edge
  • Thunder Wave
  • Perish Song
  • Rest

First you Thunder Wave, then Perish Song to induce switching (while praying you live that long). Lather, rinse, repeat, while dealing decent damage with Double Edge occasionally.

Kingdra
@Miracle Berry

• Sleep Talk
  • Rest
  • Ice Beam
  • Surf

Meh...

Jumpluff
@Leftovers

• Stun Spore
  • Encore
  • Leech Seed
  • Double Team

Has trouble with other grass types, but can be fairly annoying against enemies set up by Wiggly.

Flareon
@Focus Band

• Flamethrower
  • Charm
  • Shadow Ball
  • Return

More or less a mid-battle sweeper. Flareon is teh kewl.

Victreebel
@Leftovers

• Swords Dance
  • Sludge Bomb
  • Sleep Powder
  • Razor Leaf

Ahahahaha!!! Indeed.

Mew
@Leftovers

• Defense Curl
  • Rollout
  • Substitute
  • Softboiled

Strange experiment. 00ber indeed, but he's one of my favorites, so

From: Azure Heights | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-25-2001 11:37 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wigglytuff: The thing about Wiggly is that it has horrible Defenses, so hitting yourself with recoil isn't a good thing. So put Return over D-E. Otherwise it's good.

Kingdra: Pretty standard. I say put Dragonbreath over Ice Beam since you'll have trouble against simple Water types.

Jumpluff: Nice!

Flareon: I suggest Body Slam instead of Return for it's low Speed. Also Reflect over Charm, the person can just switch to something faster with good Attack.

Victrebel: I suggest Scope Lens over Leftovers as an attachment. Leftovers DOES restore HP, but with Scope Lens you have a very good chance of CH with Razor Leaf.

Mew: Mew is no 00ber. Same stats as T-Tar and D-Nite. Anyway, I suggest you go for either...

Psychic, Earthquake, T-Wave, Softboiled @Leftovers

Earthquake, Explosion, Swords Dance, Softboiled @Leftovers.

Edit: On Flareon I put Return over Charm when I meant Reflect.

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: Pokemaniac Will ]

- - - - -
"Hello, Newman." -Jerry Seinfeld
-------------------------------------
Feel free to E-mail me at Pokemaniac WiII@AOL.Com.

From: Somewhere in Kanto | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2001 08:11 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wiggly: Nice. I'm gonna have to put a Wiggly on my next underused team.

Kingdra: OK

Jumpluff: You run out of stuff to do with this after a while if they don't switch. Good though.

Flareon: Keep it the way it is.

Victreebel: You might want giga drain for healing, and a little extra power.

Mew: Looks like it might work. You might try Swords Dance over sub for even more damage, but that's your choice.

Overall: Looks ok, except that you don't have any real pseudo-hazers unless wiggly survives, and that gives whatever it was a couple turns to kill one or two before they have to switch. Watch out for that.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mewone
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2001 05:03 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanx pplz.
ZZTRaider
Farting Nudist
Member # 86

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2001 06:09 PM      Profile for ZZTRaider   Email ZZTRaider   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pokemaniac Will:
Wigglytuff: The thing about Wiggly is that it has horrible Defenses, so hitting yourself with recoil isn't a good thing. So put Return over D-E. Otherwise it's good.

Wiggly has the HP though. Since the amount of recoil damage taken is in no way affected by the user's defense, merely on how much damage it does to the opponent, it can take it unless it's up against a strong physical hitter. Chances are it's not going to be left in against something that can take it out fast enough that the recoil will actually make a difference.

----------

Wiggly:
Good. Lacking vs. a ghost type, but nothing can be done about that. And I'm assuming you won't leave it in vs. a steel or rock type for long, if at all.

Kingdra:
More or less standard. I'd suggest Dragon breath over Ice Beam to take care of other Kingdras, but otherwise fine.

Jumpluff:
Never used this guy, but theoretically the strategy is sound.

Flareon:
I agree, shove on Body Slam.

Victreebell:
Nice.

Mew:
Looks Good.

- - - - -
ZZTRaider | zztraider@yahoo.com | AIM: MZXBandit
"Am I running out of time or am I at the starting line?" ... "So I will tell you honestly: No one wants to spend eternity alone." -The Final Slowdance by MxPx

From: A Long, Long Time Ago; In A Galaxy Far, Far Away | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kiseiju
Farting Nudist
Member # 2421

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2001 10:55 PM      Profile for Kiseiju     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That Wiggly set looks nice, but I think it might not be attainable. If you breed for Perish song then you won't be able to trade back for t-wave, which then screws the idea considerably.

That Jumpluff is a real pain in the ass for any BP'er. I have sworn revenge against it for the many times it has humiliated me with its cute fluffy tufts.

And look out carrying two grass-types, as fire moves are extremely common.

- - - - -
The strong take away from the weak, while the smart take away from the strong...

Mewone
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2001 11:20 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can you use Lance's machine for that moveset?
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-27-2001 04:19 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, only naturally-learned moves can be restored. TM Moves and Egg moves cannot be relearend through the machine. If they could I would have a Wobblastoise (Counter, Mirror Coat, Surf, Rest @Mint Berry)

- - - - -
"Hello, Newman." -Jerry Seinfeld
-------------------------------------
Feel free to E-mail me at Pokemaniac WiII@AOL.Com.

From: Somewhere in Kanto | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.