The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Rate. My. Team. You. Want. To. Do. It. Yes. You. Do.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rate. My. Team. You. Want. To. Do. It. Yes. You. Do.
Bowser
I'm such a moron that I keep an axe behind me at all times.
Member # 2037

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2001 06:29 PM      Profile for Bowser   Email Bowser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pokemaniac Will, please do not rate my team as you will bash it for using underused Pokemon that "have worthless stats" and Pokemon that have "unorthadox" movesets. Thank you.

Alakazam ^ Encore * Psychic * Reflect * Recover + Miracle Berry

Alright, my first two Pokemon are basically a rip off of Tghost's team. Sue me Anyways, EncoreKazam pwnz. When facing a JoltWak combo, I Encore Jolteon because it is faster and always opens up with some form of support move eg.; Thunderwave, Substitute, or Agility. Reflect is to help out Alakazam's poor defense stat, and to pass to other members of the team. Psychic and Recover are staples on Alakazam, so no surprise there. Miracle Berry is to absorb a Jolteon or other pokemon's Thunderwave/support move and Encore it, disrupting its setup.

Cloyster ^ Spikes * Icy Wind * Protect * Explosion + Leftovers

Cloyster can take out a NickWak. When Jolteon passes a Sub to NickWak, or NickWak SDs up once, Cloyster can take one Earthquake or Rock Slide, crack the Sub (it it has one) with Icy Wind, and than KO an HP Bug NickWak. Granted, if the NickWak isn't a HP Bug one, and it has a higher defense DV, than Cloyster won't OHKO it. Although it won't OHKO it, it'll do a serious amount of damage to it. Credit goes to Tghost for this set, as I saw it on his post, so On a broad note, Cloyster usually sets up Spikes and than Explodes.

Tyranitar ^ DynamicPunch * Ancient Power * Rest * Roar + Miracle Berry

A weird Tyranitar, I know. DynamicPunch to take care of Normals (and nearly all starters are Normal-types eg.; Snorlax, Wigglytuff. Ancient Power is a great move on Tyranitar, considering the stat boosts. I'm considering replacing it with Rock Slide, but the only reason I see for that is flinch. So, there really isn't much of a reason to have Rock Slide on Tyranitar other than flinch and a slightly higher base power. Roar is for pseudo-hazing. Rest is to recover HP and rid myself of status effects (caused by Eefi's Zap Cannon and lucky Thunderbolts). As tghost stated, Mint Berry is to specialized for Tyranitar, and Miracle Berry can hold off having to Rest to early. I know this Tyranitar isn't much in the accuracy or attacking dept., but it does a very good job at what it is supposed to, and that is pseudo-haze and kill Normals, and will be helped with a stat boost from AP.

Miltank ^ Psych Up * Return/DynamicPunch * Heal Bell * Milk Drink

Meh, Psych-UpTank. Psych-Up is to steal set-up moves eg.; Curse, Swordsdance, Reflect, the like, and use them against the opponent. I don't know whether I want Return or DynamicPunch. DynamicPunch would seriously mess up a Curselax, Blissey, and other Miltanks. Than again, on a broader scale, I think Return would be more viable. I'm sort of 50-50 between the two attacks, as they both have great benefits to reap, and downfalls to avoid (actually, only DynamicPunch has a downfall, which is its accuracy. But since it has the benefit of confusion, to me it therefore nullifies its downfall, making none of the attacks have a downfall, imho). Heal Bell and Milk Drink are standard moves on Miltank, and why wouldn't they be?

Politoed ^ Blizzard * Surf * Sleep Talk * Rest + Mint Berry

Meh, I like ToedTalk. I didn't really know whether I wanted Hydro Pump or Blizzard on Politoed (since Sleep Talk negates accuracy) but since Surf got STAB, and Blizzard has a good chance of freezing the opposing pokemon, I opted for Blizzard. While using Sleep Talk, I have a 33% chance of either using Blizzard, Surf, or Rest. Blizzard and Surf are both viable, so I don't really care which attack I get. I could drop Surf, and have Blizzard as my only attack, making it a 50% chance of using it, but when I'm awake I'd be left with a 70% accurate move (better than DyanmicPunch's accuracy though) that only has 5PP and no STAB (which is basically Tyranitar's DyanmicPunch with worsened accuracy, but I'm not Sleep Talking with Tyranitar and DynamicPunch actually has a purpose other than to use as an attack [purpose=severly hurt/kill Normals]) Anyways, I could go that route with Hydro Pump, which is an interesting idea, but I'd rather have this set.

Meganium ^ Swordsdance * Body Slam * Safeguard * Synthesis + Quick Claw

Yay. I like Meganium. Swordsdance is to raise Meggy's attack and Body Slam is to take advantage of it. Synthesis is to recover the HP taken from Meggy while swordsdancing. Safegaurd is there to protect Meggy, and other team members if need be of status effects (the most common ones being Thunderwave and Stun Spore/Spore/Sleep Powder). Quick Claw to help out Meggy's low speed stat and because I can't think of anything else to attach on Meganium besides Miracle Berry (Safegaurd) and Leftovers (Synthesis) I wish I could have a swordsdance/body slam/leech seed/synthesis set, but sadly that is illegal

That sums up my team. Please rate it and kthxbai.

From: My mommy's uterus | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pokemaniac Will
Farting Nudist
Member # 2395

posted 12-17-2001 06:53 PM      Profile for Pokemaniac Will   Email Pokemaniac Will   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tch, fine. This team, is solid though, the Pokés are good choices, the moves just need a little work. I won't rate it though. I can't stand some of the idiots here who have to be so steryotypical. This is why this is my last day here.

- - - - -
"Hello, Newman." -Jerry Seinfeld
-------------------------------------
Feel free to E-mail me at Pokemaniac WiII@AOL.Com.

From: Somewhere in Kanto | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2001 06:55 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I wish I could have a swordsdance/body slam/leech seed/synthesis set, but sadly that is illegal
No its not, A Venasaur Can learn both leech Seed and swords dance.

quote:
(since Sleep Talk negates accuracy)
Umm, you sure about that? If it did, there would be 6 tauros on every team.

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2001 07:01 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pokemaniac Will:
This is why this is my last day here.

REJOICE!!

I find it funny you mentioned Wigglytuff as a major starter, and its damn true. Wiggly is slowly gaining respect thanks to me and a few others in the "lets have fun with underused pokemon we love" movement. Even Koffing is earning some. Awesome, I tell you, awesome.

- - - - -
lol pokemon

Bowser
Member # 2037

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2001 07:26 PM      Profile for Bowser   Email Bowser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cesar: On the set I made in my explanation of Meganium, I meant I wish I could get that set on Meggy...sorry for the confusion ^^;;

I'm pretty sure Sleep Talk negates accuracy...I'll go check though.

Jman: I totally agree that Wigglytuff is a major starter. Wigglytuff is gaining _a lot_ of respect, which makes me happy as she is one of my favorite pokemon. Go Piggly Wiggly, the tuff ball of fluff

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: Bowser ]

Bowser
Member # 2037

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2001 08:19 PM      Profile for Bowser   Email Bowser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
UPDATE!

I have decided to replace Alakazam with Wigglytuff. Set? Jman's of course I'm just going to replace Icy Wind with Fire Blast because I have no fire type and Cloyster already has Icy Wind.

Wigglytuff ^ Perish Song * Body Slam * Fire Blast * Rest + Leftovers

Wigglytuff main role is to start off and disrupt the team. Perish Song enduces switches, which disrupts the opposing team's strategy. Body Slam PARs other pokemon, reducing their speed. It also wounds, and sometimes kills opposing pokemon. Fire Blast is there because I do not have a fire-type/fire move, and Wiggly's special is good enough to be worthwhile on her. Rest is to recover HP, as is Leftovers.

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2001 04:25 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Cesar: On the set I made in my explanation of Meganium, I meant I wish I could get that set on Meggy...sorry for the confusion ^^;;
I probably just haven't explained it to you well enough ^_^

What I meant was that you can breed a male bulbasaur with swords dance and leech seed with a female chikorita. Since Bulby does learn swords dance in RBY.

Then trade it over to Crystal and begin the breeding process!

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Knef
Farting Nudist
Member # 2208

Member Rated:
posted 12-20-2001 11:48 AM      Profile for Knef   Email Knef   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I found this Sleep Talk+OHKO thread interesting…So I decided to teach my Fissuring Lickitung Sleep Talk and Rest, and went with him against Battle Tower’s trainer. Well, it didn’t work that well…Yeah, Licki managed to down some pokèmon while sleeping –which was funny-, but Fissure also missed as usual. Too bad: I’ll have to think some other highly-destructive moveset for my lil Lickitung -_-. Maybe it works another way in link battles…I dunno. Can someone confirm this?

- - - - -
-Knef

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 12-21-2001 07:22 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Question - If you're ripping off my team, where'd you see it?

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bowser
Member # 2037

Member Rated:
posted 12-21-2001 01:35 PM      Profile for Bowser   Email Bowser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tghost:
Question - If you're ripping off my team, where'd you see it?

Pojo. I go there too, it was the first board I signed up for

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.