The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Future Sight

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Future Sight
DarkPersian
Farting Nudist
Member # 898

Member Rated:
posted 10-21-2001 10:47 PM      Profile for DarkPersian   Author's Homepage   Email DarkPersian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was just wondering if anyone had come up with a good use for Future Sight. I was going through a list of Psychic attacks and it wasn't too bad (although 90 Acc with only 80 Pow sucks). I just couldn't figure out a usefulness for the 2 turn wait on the attack.
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 10-22-2001 07:14 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, in Japan, Future Sight and Fly are basically standard on Lugia. I wish that Articuno would learn Future Sight to go with Double Team, Rest, and Sky Attack.

The only Pokémon that I'm actively using with Future Sight right now is Mewtwo. Mewtwo and Alakazam can learn Future Sight, Skull Bash, and Recover, plus Mewtwo can learn Amnesia.

The routine is simple:
Safeguard //Lugia
Future Sight //All
Fly/Skull Bash //Lugia/Alakazam; Mewtwo
Recover //All

On Alakazam and Mewtwo, their Defense Stat is raised by Skull Bash, then Skull Bash and Future Sight hit for an effectively 180 Attack Power hit. Additionally, Mewtwo can raise its Special Defense with Amnesia.
Another possibility could be Slowbro/king with Future Sight, Skull Bash, and Amnesia.

There aren't many good trainers around here for me to try the Mewtwo out against, especially with the Leagues at Toys'R'Us stopped until January. I guess that my Mewtwo'll get its first taste of battle against a good trainer at the STS in December.

--Meowth346

[ 10-22-2001: Message edited by: Meowth346 ]

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 10-22-2001 07:40 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm currently playing with an Alakazam that uses Psychic, Future Sight, Encore and Recover. Though it's only 80 power, it ignores type, only gaining STAB. So, it'd be a 120 power attack even on Darks, but also Fighting and Poison.

The whole point is to effectively almost double the damage you do on that one turn when Future Sight hits. Encore provokes switches easily, allowing for Future Sight to be used appropriately. This would allow you to get an advantage over something that uses Recover.

However, I'm reconsidering this tactic after finding out you can only have one Future Sight up at a time. If Alakazam could use three Future Sights and then three Psychics, it'd clean out a third of a team.

The Skull Bash tactic is interesting, too. I've been wondering if the Defence raise was a permanent stat mod.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 10-22-2001 02:56 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Uiru, are you SURE Future Sight gets STAB? I thought I heard it didn't. But, it would only make sense that it would. I mean, it does go thru the damage formula, it would be dumb if it didn't...

I don't know if Alakazam can learn ALL 3 Elemental Punches, but if he can, an Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Future Sight could work out.

JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 10-22-2001 06:19 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Humm... I've a few questions..

1- Can Protect work against an attack & Future Sight, protecting you against all damage that turn?

2- Meowth, you said Future Sight is commom on Japan. Where did you see this? I want to know more sites about pokémon

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 10-22-2001 06:46 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1- Can Protect work against an attack & Future Sight, protecting you against all damage that turn?
No matter which player is faster, Future Sight always ignores Protect.

2- Meowth, you said Future Sight is commom on Japan. Where did you see this? I want to know more sites about pokémon :)
How much Japanese do you know? I actually have a couple friend in Japan who help keep me up to date on what's going on, and lemme' know all of the popular movesets, etc. that they're seeing from different Trainer across Japan. Then, there are always Japanese Pocket Monsters forums here and there, which are often filled with teams that they ask for advice on.
http://www.excite.co.jp is always a nice place to start.

--Meowth346

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 10-22-2001 10:22 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Do any of these people type in Broken English or will I be forced to flex my meager Nihongo skills?

- - - - -
Pretty de Cure Cure
Futari wa Precure

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 10-23-2001 01:57 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Almost every Japanese Pokémon website includes English. It's near the top, and reads something like, "This site is Japanese language only." ^_^

--Meowth346

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 10-26-2001 10:49 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just an update to anyone who may have use the "Search" to find any research on Future Sight... it does NOT gain STAB as proven here, and thanks for using "Forum Search"

- - - - -
"Have you actually seen a girl with no boobs? They look like men if they didn't use 3 tones of make-up." -Cesar

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.