The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Eat, Swallow, Spit Out???

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eat, Swallow, Spit Out???
PokéProGamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 2735

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2002 01:11 PM      Profile for PokéProGamer   Email PokéProGamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is there anything known about these three moves: Eat, Swallow, Spit Out.
I mean, it would take 3 from the 4 moves, which is a lot ofcourse. so I was wandering if there was anything (even if it's a little info) known about the effects or something like that. [Confused]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 8 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

- - - - -
It's the Nintendo difference

From: Currently just hangin' in Hoenn | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fluorine
SMELLY BUTT
Member # 2904

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2002 04:31 PM      Profile for Fluorine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think Eat, Swallow, Spit out are correct translations, because the moves' animations aren't really that. I prefer to call them Store, Take in and Release.

Store: can be used 1 to 3 times, it doesn't matter if it's consecutive.

Take in: depending on the amount of times you used store, you will recover ¼, ½ or all of your HP.

Release: normal-type move with power equal to 100*number of times you used store.

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2002 05:18 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can you do Store, Store, Store, and then have a 300 power attack and 100% recovery or does using either move reset the Store counter?
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fluorine
SMELLY BUTT
Member # 2904

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2002 05:31 PM      Profile for Fluorine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Using take in/swallow or release/spit out resets the store/eat counter.
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 12-25-2002 05:50 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm, let's do the math:

Turn 1: Store
Turn 2: Store
Turn 3: Store
Turn 4: Release (300 power)
Total: 300 power

Turn 1: Return (102 power)
Turn 2: Return (102 power)
Turn 3: Return (102 power)
Turn 4: Return (102 power)
Total: 408 power

----------------------------------------

Turn 1: Store
Turn 2: Store
Turn 3: Store
Turn 4: Take in (100% HP gain)
Turns used: 4

Turn 1: Rest (100% HP gain)
Turn 2: Sleeping
Turn 3: Sleeping
Turn 4: Wake up and attack
Turns used: 3

Based on this, these moves look almost completely useless. I suppose that Release could be used to beat a Recovering opponent, but only if the single 300 power attack would KO them.

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

Fluorine
SMELLY BUTT
Member # 2904

Member Rated:
posted 12-26-2002 01:56 PM      Profile for Fluorine     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, well... release is only useful if you want to score a huge hit, but the preparation time is too long, and the opponent will just switch to a ghost, rock or steel as soon as he sees what you're trying to do.

Take in isn't a lot better, but at least you can kind of "react" to the current situation... heh... no, screw that, it's not worth shit [Frown]

PokéProGamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 2735

Member Rated:
posted 12-27-2002 01:15 PM      Profile for PokéProGamer   Email PokéProGamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
he, thanx.
a bit useless though... well to bad, but thanx for the info!

- - - - -
It's the Nintendo difference

From: Currently just hangin' in Hoenn | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 12-27-2002 01:36 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd rather stick with my 2 swords dance and a hyper beam strategy

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.